IGNORED

Vietnam Money

Mr David

Hi

Thinking of giving Vietnam a week before heading to Los and down to Patts. Is the airport in Vietnam a good place to change money or is it a rip off? I take it the UK is the worst exchange rate? Any advice from people that have been there appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Scumbag
Restored origianal post

Hi, if your going to Vietnam, you should give Todd2rip fantastic trip report.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/65815-vietnam-101/page__p__1030577__fromsearch__1#entry1030577

Take your debit card, all ATM's give out Dong, I was there recently and the rate seemed the same everywhere for cash, even the gold shops, which were supposed to be better for cash. Take $$$, Saigon is fantastic in my opinion

yes change for dong in vietnam you get a better rate, alot of Vietnamese will offer prices in USD Just pay in dong

also get rid of all Viet currency before u leave vietnam as u will have a hard time changing it in Thailand (esp pattaya)

You'll find the best rates in gold shops. Or even easier, use your VISA card at any ATM.