Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Tourist Police

Inspector Moy

A number of my mates do free service with PTP. They are volunteers and should be applauded for that. Do they actually bring in the baddies and how do they manage it. The cannot carry weapons so do they just deal with the passing drunks and pissed foreigners ?? Whatever, they do a good job with no pay.

Shouldn't your mates be able to answer those questions for you?

Never come in contact with them myself, but have seen a TV Program about it and seemed to help where they could, and resolve some situations well.

It is good that they are around.

Someone high up in the tourist police is a friend of mine, and has told me, if you ever have a problem, phone me on my mobile and I will come and sort the problem.

A good friend to have.

Some Tourist police are also Thai guys, my regular taxi man also works as tourist police.

My experience of the tourist police is not good.

My live-in GF started to exhibit strange behaviour that was scaring me. Her comments of "You only leave me when you die" with a strange look on her face. She was phoning my work and friends creating problems but would deny everything.

Decided to leave when she was at work, (I know its cowardly) Had the new house all set up. Mate came with his truck and started loading up my 6 years accumulation of gear.

GF came back from work............. Wanted to talk with me???? Went crazy, came at me with a knife, slashed all the cushions in the sitting room. Pushed me downstairs, ran past me, went outside and padlocked the gate in front of the door. Pulled the gate across locking it and my mate out on the road. She was then screaming down the phone, wanting people come the house and kill me??

Phoned the tourist police again and again, each time the call would time-out and I would re-dial.

Tourist police would not pick up the phone?

Since I can speak Thai. Phoned the BIB, told them my address and that there was a crazy thai woman with a knife outside.

Within 10 minutes 5 Thai cops turned up. Found that I was not drunk, not beating up a thai bird. Seen the knife on the deck, they got her to unlock the house. Checked my visa and lrt me go??

Phoned tourist police again and again................ Still no answer?

That evening went down Walking Street, confirmed that the number I had was the correct one, when asked, why no amswer?? They could not give me an answer??

Told them what happened, It was a big laugh to them. One overweight skinhead in black said. "You are not a tourist", "We are not here for the likes of you" "We are here for them" pointing at 3 drunks cursing and swearing as they barged their way along into Walking Street?

Tourist police............... Nice uniforms and aftershave............. As much good as a chocolate teapot.

Well in my experience

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

My live-in GF started to exhibit strange behaviour that was scaring me. Her comments of "You only leave me when you die" with a strange look on her face. She was phoning my work and friends creating problems but would deny everything.

Decided to leave when she was at work, (I know its cowardly) Had the new house all set up. Mate came with his truck and started loading up my 6 years accumulation of gear.

GF came back from work............. Wanted to talk with me???? Went crazy, came at me with a knife, slashed all the cushions in the sitting room. Pushed me downstairs, ran past me, went outside and padlocked the gate in front of the door. Pulled the gate across locking it and my mate out on the road. She was then screaming down the phone, wanting people come the house and kill me??

Phoned the tourist police again and again, each time the call would time-out and I would re-dial.

Since I can speak Thai. Phoned the BIB, told them my address and that there was a crazy thai woman with a knife outside.

Within 10 minutes 5 Thai cops turned up. Found that I was not drunk, not beating up a thai bird. Seen the knife on the deck, they got her to unlock the house. Checked my visa and lrt me go??

That evening went down Walking street, confirmed that the number I had was the correct one, when asked, why no amswer?? They could not give me an answer??

Told them what happened, It was a big laugh to them. One overweight skinhead in black said. "You are not a tourist", "We are not here for the likes of you" "We are here for them" pointing at 3 drunks cursing and swearing as they barged their way along into Walking street?

Tourist police............... Nice uniforms and aftershave............. As much good as a chocolate teapot.

Well in my experience

I do understand their point, they aren't really on call out, (how would they negotiate with a thai girl with a knife) they walk the main tourist areas and generally try to help tourist not to get in deeper trouble. In a situation like that, I would rather a Thai cop turn up with a gun, who has the power to use it and his language to sort it out.

Never come in contact with them myself, but have seen a TV Program about it and seemed to help where they could, and resolve some situations well.

There is a TV program about it?

What is it called? I would like to check it out.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

That is why I asked the question on this forum. As you admit, your knowledge is minimal having only seen a TV program. Perhaps you would do well to enquire of the PTP themselves if you manage to find one.

I know many of them and they do a fine job. Unpaid, mainly unthanked and probably endangering themselves, I applaud their efforts. They keep Pattaya open to all mongers out there !!

That evening went down Walking street, confirmed that the number I had was the correct one, when asked, why no amswer?? They could not give me an answer??

Told them what happened, It was a big laugh to them. One overweight skinhead in black said. "You are not a tourist", "We are not here for the likes of you" "We are here for them" pointing at 3 drunks cursing and swearing as they barged their way along into Walking street?

Well in my experience

Mate -- you speak Thai. You live in Thailand. Then why the hell didn't you call the Thai police in the first instance. Tourist Police are jut that - they are volunteer, unpaid individuals who are appointed to assist Pattaya police with problems involving tourists. Sorry to be so simplistic, and Im very pleased you survived the GF encounter, but they are for visitors and not ex-pat locals (who speak Thai).

There is a TV program about it?

What is it called? I would like to check it out.

Im pretty sure it was called 'Big Trouble In Thailand' mate, it was on CI chanel on foxtel a while back.

Cheers

:GoldenSmile1:

Mate -- you speak Thai. You live in Thailand as well?? Then why the hell didn't you call the Thai police in the first instance. Tourist Police are jut that - they are volunteer, unpaid individuals who are appointed to assist Pattaya police with problems involving tourists. Sorry to be so simplistic, and Im very pleased you survived the GF encounter, but they are for visitors and not ex-pat locals (who speak Thai).

Mate -- You speak Thai..............live in Thailand as well. How long you been here??

If a while then you should know why even Thai people have a reluctance to involve the BIB. 5 Coppers turned up but after 1 took a DVD player off the back of the truck, him and two others left in their Merc SUV, leaving the 2 cops who had came on M/bikes.

The TGF then tried to set up a scam with these coppers, wanting them to arrest me saying that I had beaten her up. Put me in jail and when I gave her 2,000,000bt she would drop charges and give them 100,000 each.

They already had my passport checking my visa was in order but would not give it back.

Told the cops that I had 2 passports and would be going to Bangkok to the Embassy (UK) that day asking the officials there to take up the case of my impounded passport.

Things all changed when one told me that I had a problem but they could not interfere officially and did I understand??? I SURE DID.

Went to the ATM and had to give each copper 10,000 each, one said "Your documents are in order, here is your passport". They walked over to thier bikes and made to leave. I asked to stay for 5 minutes. Okay. They told the ex-GF to sit down and be quiet, (She was shouting "Today you die" I grabbed the more expensive bits of my gear from the house threw it on the back of the truck, my mate shot off, I went the other way on my bike with the ex in pursuit. (That is another tale)

The BIB wanted money and got it. If the tourist police had turned up she would not of tried to do a scam, I would not of had my passport kept and had to pay over 20,000bt. I had already lost 2 months deposit?

Cannot understand what you mean that the tourist police are not for ex-pats.

I am a tourist just like all ex-pats. We survive here on the granting of visas just like anyone from the UK who gets a 30day visa.

There are ex-pats, who have lived here longer than me yet cannot speak a word of Thai.

What option do they have, what is the best for them?? ............. BIB ..do not think so.

Just joined the forum?? North Pattaya?? You are not friends with the TP who go into Ryans bar, Nakula (Previous owner Gary) by any chance?? Would be interested :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by td5855

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Mate -- you speak Thai. You live in Thailand. Then why the hell didn't you call the Thai police in the first instance. Tourist Police are jut that - they are volunteer, unpaid individuals who are appointed to assist Pattaya police with problems involving tourists. Sorry to be so simplistic, and Im very pleased you survived the GF encounter, but they are for visitors and not ex-pat locals (who speak Thai).

I think the problem is that the roles of any of the police departments is very blurred. I mean not long ago tourist police were involved with the arrest of illegal immigrants and fake government officials. I don't think it is too much to expect the tourist police to help expats. Some of these people stay in Thailand on tourist visas after all. He could have been someone on a 2 week stay, how do they know unless they answer the phone??

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Im pretty sure it was called 'Big Trouble In Thailand' mate, it was on CI chanel on foxtel a while back.

Cheers

Thanks for the info I will check it out.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

:GoldenSmile1:

Mate -- You speak Thai..............live in Thailand as well. How long you been here??

If a while then you should know why even Thai people have a reluctance to involve the BIB. 5 Coppers turned up but after 1 took a DVD player off the back of the truck, him and two others left in their Merc SUV, leaving the 2 cops who had came on M/bikes.

The TGF then tried to set up a scam with these coppers, wanting them to arrest me saying that I had beaten her up. Put me in jail and when I gave her 2,000,000bt she would drop charges and give them 100,000 each.

They already had my passport checking my visa was in order but would not give it back.

Told the cops that I had 2 passports and would be going to Bangkok to the Embassy (UK) that day asking the officials there to take up the case of my impounded passport.

Things all changed when one told me that I had a problem but they could not interfere officially and did I understand??? I SURE DID.

Went to the ATM and had to give each copper 10,000 each, one said "Your documents are in order, here is your passport". They walked over to thier bikes and made to leave. I asked to stay for 5 minutes. Okay. They told the ex-GF to sit down and be quiet, (She was shouting "Today you die" I grabbed the more expensive bits of my gear from the house threw it on the back of the truck, my mate shot off, I went the other way on my bike with the ex in pursuit. (That is another tale)

The BIB wanted money and got it. If the tourist police had turned up she would not of tried to do a scam, I would not of had my passport kept and had to pay over 20,000bt. I had already lost 2 months deposit?

Cannot understand what you mean that the tourist police are not for ex-pats.

I am a tourist just like all ex-pats. We survive here on the granting of visas just like anyone from the UK who gets a 30day visa.

There are ex-pats, who have lived here longer than me yet cannot speak a word of Thai.

What option do they have, what is the best for them?? ............. BIB ..do not think so.

Just joined the forum?? North Pattaya?? You are not friends with the TP who go into Ryans bar, Nakula (Previous owner Gary) by any chance?? Would be interested :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for your interesting story. I am not sure I would entertain such behaviour by the local police. I bet you never got a receipt !!!

I have lived permanently in Thailand for six years but have been a regular visitor for the last 35 years. Mainly in Bangkok and Chiang Mai which I still visit and have accommodation available.

Unfortunately I do not know of Ryans bar as I spend some of my time in Buakhao area or in some of the bars on the Dark side. I take it you do not venture out this way.

I trust your G/f problems are now resolved and that you can have some faith in the work done by the Tourist Police. I wish you well and thank you for an interesting contribution to a relaxed forum. Slainte Vha.

I must say just seeing a few tourist police around the place does kind of relax me a bit . I know they have no real power but at least if things go nasty you have someone who can possible mediate the situation or at least work as an interrupter . I just thing of them as a kind of blocky tourist information desk or place to flee if the shit hits the fan

Some & Some, it can go to their head though

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Never had any personal experience with the Tourist Police and hopefully never will. If I do I would be certainly calling them first before the BIB

The sight of police, no matter what kind of police, certainly doesn't make me feel comfortable. In all countries I have been so far the police are always the bad guys, involved in repression, corruption and hassling people who just want to live in peace. And you can count on it, the day the local government of Pattaya comes up with the "glorious" idea to make the town more family-friendly, those tourist police will be the first to conduct raids against the girls.

Sorry, but I will never ask any police for help or provide any support to their work or even talk to them voluntarily. Whenever I see these guys in uniform I make a big circle around them.

Sorry, but I will never ask any police for help or provide any support to their work or even talk to them voluntarily. Whenever I see these guys in uniform I make a big circle around them.

That is a very easy statement to make when you are not in any sort of trouble. Never say never as you don't know what will happen in the future.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

if i remember correct?they have orders not to get involved wit the jetskie scams?thats were they should be every day.Not blame the guys

that work. but its cleare that the police dont want them to make problem for there extra income from the jetskies.just another day in paradise hehe