IGNORED

K-3 Marriage Visa to the U.S.

ExpatDave

We all have to learn from experience. I know what went wrong. I jumped to a conclusion too early when some important information had not been given (i.e. the I-130 petition was submitted in Bangkok, he has a work visa and has been living with his Thai wife for nearly 2 years). I should have asked further information before I made the first post.

I am happy to pay 1,000 Baht to learn an experience. Now, I know that the USCIS office in Bangkok is a lot more efficient than that in USA (12 days to approve an I-130 Petition) and that the US Embassy will be more efficient in sending a letter to the Thai visa applicant (within 10 days from the NOA) if the Petition was approved by USCIS office in Bangkok.

Congratulations to your winning !

No worries.

Now if I can just get the next part approved just as fast :Cross_Fingers: Although, I doubt it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the Royal Police Station to get the background check done. For Falang it is pretty simple:

1. Photocopy and original passport

2. Photocopy and original work permit

3. Letter from the Embassy showing a purpose for getting it.

The process was quick, but It took a while to get there do to traffic. I was going to bribe the guy to get same day service, but it was too late. No worries. He said I can pick it up on the 19th.

For my wife, the process is a lot more complicated.

1. Photocopy and original passport

2. Thai ID with photocopy

3. House registration and photocopy

4. Name change document and photocopy

5. Marriage certificate and photocopy

6. Copy of the letter from the U.S. Embassy.

She will be going later next week.

images.jpeg

As promised, I have today transferred 1,000 Baht to the company account of this Website as donation for and on behalf of ExpatDave. Please see the attached receipt.

Dave, I did it happily. Thank you !

donation 1k.jpg

As promised, I have today transferred 1,000 Baht to the company account of this Website as donation for and on behalf of ExpatDave. Please see the attached receipt.

Dave, I did it happily. Thank you !

LOL. Cheers, Mate!

You are gentleman and a man of your word.

Thanks for your appraisal !

That's my style. If I said I will do it before a certain date, I shall get it done on that date. If there's anything happened making it impossible for me to finish by that date, I would call my client telling him in advance. If I can't be sure about it, I will just tell my client the truth.

Over the past 7 years, I came across many visa cases which have no chance of getting a tourist visa e.g. just met for a week. I would just tell them the truth. If they trust me, I will advise my client to wait for 2-3 months for collecting the evidence and then make the application. And it works - they get their visa.

I like fair competition but dislike other visa consultants using false or misleading information for getting someone interested and giving them the job. That's why I made mistake this time. But I will learn from this lesson and make sure it won't happen again. Cheers !

This is great info thanks as i jave dating a thai girl for 8 months and if it comes down to marriage, i sure could use the help

This is great info thanks as i jave dating a thai girl for 8 months and if it comes down to marriage, i sure could use the help

Not a problem. Glad the info has been helpful!

By the way, Have to give a big thank you to SuperConsultant. We met up Saturday and he did an outstanding job on doing some translations for me. The quickest and cheapest I have found in Pattaya. I would highly recommend him.

Down to needing 3 Documents:

1. Notarized employment conformation from job in the U.S. (will receive that next week)

2. Wife's Fingerprints (She is getting those done today)

3. Wife's medical check (she is doing that Saturday).

Hopefully we will get the fingerprints in two weeks and can send off the paperwork at the end of the month.

Found out today that we do not need the medical for the" Packet 3"

So here is the revised list:

1. Cover letter

2. Copy of payment receipt

3. Notification of Applicant Readiness

4. NOA of I-130

5. Passport

6. Birth Certificate

7. Name change document For Applicant

8. Name Change document for Applicants parents

9. Marriage certificate/ Translation

10. Notarized Job offer of sponsor

11. Divorce papers from Sponsor

12. Original Form DS-230 Part 1 and 2

13. Original 2 Photos

14. Evidence of financial support

15. Form I-864/ 2010 Tax Form

16. Form I-134

17. Original Thai police record for Applicant/ Photocopy

18. Proof of relationship

• 2 weeks later...

Down to needing 3 Documents:

1. Notarized employment conformation from job in the U.S. (will receive that next week)

2. Wife's Fingerprints (She is getting those done today)

3. Wife's medical check (she is doing that Saturday).

Hopefully we will get the fingerprints in two weeks and can send off the paperwork at the end of the month.

1. My Company from the U.S. sent that to me last week.

2. She picked those up from the police station Yesterday.

3. We were told by the embassy that the medical check is not needed yet.

So, My wife stuck it in the mail today..........now we wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Packet 3 was received by the Embassy Sept. 29th based off an inquiry I sent.

This was their response:

Dear Mr. (ExpatDave):

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok received the returned Packet 3 materials from (Mrs. ExpatDave) through the mail on August 29, 2011. The case is now awaiting for an interview appointment. Due to the large volume of applicants, the interview appointment can be scheduled for the applicant in about 8-10 weeks after the IV Unit received the returned Packet 3 material through the mail. We will be in touch with the applicant by sending the Packet 4 interview appointment letter to her by mail and email after the interview appointment is scheduled.

You and the applicant can also check the interview appointment schedule from the link below. It is updated on monthly basis.

http://bangkok.usemb...pointments.html

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Packet 3 was received by the Embassy Sept. 29th based off an inquiry I sent.

This was their response:

Dear Mr. (ExpatDave):

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok received the returned Packet 3 materials from (Mrs. ExpatDave) through the mail on August 29, 2011. The case is now awaiting for an interview appointment. Due to the large volume of applicants, the interview appointment can be scheduled for the applicant in about 8-10 weeks after the IV Unit received the returned Packet 3 material through the mail. We will be in touch with the applicant by sending the Packet 4 interview appointment letter to her by mail and email after the interview appointment is scheduled.

You and the applicant can also check the interview appointment schedule from the link below. It is updated on monthly basis.

http://bangkok.usemb...pointments.html

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

It takes really long time to get the appointment date. But for my client, it's not too bad. My client waited for about 6 weeks before she gets the appointment date which is in 3 weeks' time. On the date of interview, my client will be able to find out whether the visa is successful or not or whether further documentations are requested. And if it is approved, the passport can be collected in about 2 days' time.

Good luck to you !

It takes really long time to get the appointment date. But for my client, it's not too bad. My client waited for about 6 weeks before she gets the appointment date which is in 3 weeks' time. On the date of interview, my client will be able to find out whether the visa is successful or not or whether further documentations are requested. And if it is approved, the passport can be collected in about 2 days' time.

Good luck to you !

Thanks! All I can do is cross my fingers.:Cross_Fingers:

Good luck to you !

A quick question:

Once she passes the interview, does she have to go right away?

My wife really wants to stay until March because of taxes and getting her bonus at work. I am leaving in December.

In some ways, it would not work out that bad since, I will be crashing at my cousins until I find a place and buy new furniture, etc.

By the way, we are looking forward to checking out your Guest house this weekend!

A quick question:

Once she passes the interview, does she have to go right away?

My wife really wants to stay until March because of taxes and getting her bonus at work. I am leaving in December.

In some ways, it would not work out that bad since, I will be crashing at my cousins until I find a place and buy new furniture, etc.

By the way, we are looking forward to checking out your Guest house this weekend!

No. She has 6 months to use that visa. In your case, it seems that the interview date is likely to be in the end of October or early November. So, if you plan to go to USA in March, it's still within the 6 months' period.

You are welcome to have a look this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear it went quickly for you. I have a friend with a Thai wife that are living in another country where he works for the US government. He got her visa in two days! Guess it helps to work for the government.

Glad to hear it went quickly for you. I have a friend with a Thai wife that are living in another country where he works for the US government. He got her visa in two days! Guess it helps to work for the government.

Still wait on the interview date. I think it should come within the next 2-4 weeks.

2 Days......Nice.

Just received the Email:

Dear Applicant:

Bangkok’s Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview at the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.

Visa Appointment

Date Time

15 Nov 2011 7:30AM

Please read and follow very carefully all of the Appointment Instructions located on the Embassy’s web site at:................................................

Just received the Email:

Dear Applicant:

Bangkok’s Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview at the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.

Visa Appointment

Date Time

15 Nov 2011 7:30AM

Please read and follow very carefully all of the Appointment Instructions located on the Embassy’s web site at:................................................

It's good to hear that you have got the appointment date. But, it's a bit longer than normal cases which I come across. Normally is about 3-4 weeks. Anyway, I am sure you will just the good news on that date as your preparation has been so good all along. Good luck !

It's good to hear that you have got the appointment date. But, it's a bit longer than normal cases which I come across. Normally is about 3-4 weeks. Anyway, I am sure you will just the good news on that date as your preparation has been so good all along. Good luck !

I am just glad that the interview came before I went back to the Sates.

Good luck with your interview. If your wife does not speak good english they provide an interpreter over the phone free of charge. Don't waste the 200 bucks I payed someone because they wouldn't allow him the interview.

Good luck with your interview. If your wife does not speak good english they provide an interpreter over the phone free of charge. Don't waste the 200 bucks I payed someone because they wouldn't allow him the interview.

Thanks for the info! Good to know about the interpreter. Luckily, her English is very good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the next thing we need to do is get her medical exam done. The Embassy has a link to get the forms, but it doesn't seem to be working. They do have it, just a little difficult to find.

http://bangkok.usemb...forms_apr11.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Wife got her medical back and everything was fine. The only worry is the form. I searched for an answer and never got a definite answer. There are two forms DS2053 and DS2054. Both are very similar. The embassy has posted use 2053. The problem is the form is expired and did not find a current one. DS2054 is current and from what little info I could find is the new form to use. I decided to use the 2054 and hope there is not an issue about it. 2 weeks until interview. :Cross_Fingers:

Archived