IGNORED

Travel from Pattaya/Bangkok to Chiang Mai

marionberry71

I'll be needing to make a side trip to Chiang Mai for business during my July trip to Pattaya. Wondering if anyone knows the most economical way to get there. Does anyone know of a good site for booking domestic airline travel within Thailand? I'm also open to modes of transportation other than air travel.

The very cheapest way would probably be Government bus from Bangkok, however the Overnight train would be an easier if longer option and more of an adventure too,I took it and it was quite a nice if rather long trip! If you research your tickets early enough you will get a flight from Swampy to Chiang Mai for not much more than the train and there is several airlines plying the route, Bangkok Airways and Thai being the only two I've used and both were good.

Thanks, the train sounds like an adventure...

Thanks, the train sounds like an adventure...

I've done it by airasia. No trouble.

It seems to be 2900b return ticket on july.

I would avoid driving.

Took me 12 hours each way from close to Buriram to get to CM !

Only stopped once each way as well-its well further than it even appears on the map.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be needing to make a side trip to Chiang Mai for business during my July trip to Pattaya. Wondering if anyone knows the most economical way to get there. Does anyone know of a good site for booking domestic airline travel within Thailand? I'm also open to modes of transportation other than air travel.

Nakornchai Air (NCA) operate a direct VIP bus service. Buses start from Rayong, pick up at the NCA office on the southbound side of Sukhumvit, near the Pattaya Klang/Central traffic lights, and terminate at Chiang Mai. http://www.nca.co.th/contact.php