IGNORED

The thai way

Hi there,

Have you ever noticed that thai when eating fill up their spoons with as much as it posible to get on. Sometimes i wonder how its going to go in but it usualy does. This in uk would be frowned upon but seems the norm here. when eating thai food the spoon is emptied by

pulling out behind the top teeth and not the top lip as we do This i understand as i do it myself now Because chilli can numb the lips and spoil the meal. Another thing Which may be just the girls i have met but they never give you any change like you give them 200 bht to pay 170 and it always goes in the pocket not that i mind in the least. The thing that does annoy

me is the habit of having the tv on although they have no intension of watching it soon as they get up or soon as they get in tv first. Is it me or do most do likewise... pete

:Circle_Sharks:

The habit of switching on the TV in the loom is common with most of the girls. Then they try to keep hold of the remote!

Possibly they don't watch a lot of their soaps etc because most of them don't have a TV in their loom.

I've never noticed how they eat their food, but you're definitely right about using the spoon to eat with. It is considered bad manners to put the fork in the mouth.

Edited by Derbytony

Thai ways eh? I tend to tolerate their little eccentricities because their women are so hot!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Thai ways eh? I tend to tolerate their little eccentricities because their women are so hot!

Yes agreed.... I even let a little bit of nose picking slide if she is extra hot!

Hi there,

Have you ever noticed that thai when eating fill up their spoons with as much as it posible to get on. Sometimes i wonder how its going to go in but it usualy does. This in uk would be frowned upon but seems the norm here. when eating thai food the spoon is emptied by

pulling out behind the top teeth and not the top lip as we do This i understand as i do it myself now Because chilli can numb the lips and spoil the meal. Another thing Which may be just the girls i have met but they never give you any change like you give them 200 bht to pay 170 and it always goes in the pocket not that i mind in the least. The thing that does annoy

me is the habit of having the tv on although they have no intension of watching it soon as they get up or soon as they get in tv first. Is it me or do most do likewise... pete

:LOL2: I take it your single...I had a wife with much more annoying habits..and her husband had worse ones.

My wife would drink the last glass of wine but never drain the bottle...She only left me enough for a sip

She would take all the notes from my wallet and leave me the coins and

When ever I sat down to watch TV it was time to vacuum the room

I think we all have annoying habits not just the Thai's but the chiili thing might be true...I hate it when your lips feel on fire so swallowing a big spoonful might be the answer.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Hi there,

Nature abhors a vacuum; and a Thai abhors silence - hence the TV.

...The thing that does annoy

me is the habit of having the tv on although they have no intention of watching it soon as they get up or soon as they get in tv first...

Thais are very social people and prefer interaction with others, especially family, regularly. The TV is a substitute.

• 3 weeks later...

Saying yes when they dont know or did not really hear the question asked is very thai.....