IGNORED

Update of forum coming soon..

Don't worry aout my input. Not a big issue and some misunderstood.

However, Brian has answered to this and I think his opinion is quite fair.

Thanks for your PM I now understand the points you were trying to make.

Cheers.

:001_Thank_You5:

I have seen on other forums where members can post a 'thanks' if the information that is given is of any value to them.

+1.

The rep points system was fatally flawed and certainly not an accurate way of gauging credibility.

Hopefully, you can find a way to keep the site from continually crashing. This has been constantly occurring for the last couple of months.

this forum is owned

Yes, and it fits me perfectly!

I too am a member on several boards (business and private) and all of them are quite chaotic.

I specially dislike the rough language and flaming that allways ends discussions something that's almost non-existent here.

I also partnered with some stock quoted enterprises in The past but now I stick to privately owned companies, just because there is someone who has full control and the way the leaders think is good for me.

Thanks to all the hard working moderators!

Edited by BobCh

Let me start by saying this is the best run Forum I've been on. That said there are other forums with more useful software. It's probably too late to impact your new update, but maybe these suggestions could be useful in the future if you plan to update more often.

When you look at the forum/topic list, it would be nice if you could sort by:

Topic name (alphabetical)

Started by

Number of Replies

Number of Views

Start Date (not currently listed, much less sortable)

Last Post Date

Number of Stars

Pictures or no pictures

Poll or not poll

It would also be nice if simply voting in a poll did not bump it as though there were a recent comment.

Sorting by start date will let those who don't want to read recently bumped old reports avoid them.

The number of stars isn't used much--mostly no rating at all or 5 stars, and I would be surprised if the 5 stars came from more than a hand full of people. I think more people would bother to rate if the rating could be made use of. I don't know if the "Like" button will work by comment or by report, but if it works by report, it would be nice to sort by number of likes.

New members have to take a long time looking through forums and threads. And they should spend time. But I gave up after looking 4 or 5 months into the past. Sorting by number of views or replies or stars would be a good way to find the most popular threads, even if they are older. Threads of distinction will tend to float to the top also.

I know you can go to a person's profile and find their topics, but you have to leave the Forum you're in at the time. Let's say you want to read all trip reports by a certain member. Go to Trip Reports and sort by Started By and scroll to that member's name.

Some people don't like polls--just sort and they drop to the bottom (or top if you WANT to vote in some polls)

If someone wants to read about, say, Soi 6 but only threads with pictures, the sort by pics/no pics would be useful.

In any event, thanks for spending your time making PA a great site.

I liked the rep points. Would be great to have them back. So some 'abused' them. So what, I can't see what harm that did?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

No 'harm' to the rep points system. If it suits a select few to blow smoke up each others' arses - fine, but as an accurate means of gauging whether a post has any more accuracy or validity ? If BMs want to play silly games with each other, there are others online (Facebook).

I realise a lot of what may be asked for is probably unattainable within the limitations of board software. The only real alteration I would like to see is a 'cleaning-up' of the front end along with a close eye on advertising (I think the Lima Lima events were being advertised for months after they had happened). Maybe move the Bangkok Bank rates up to the top to prevent the utterly pointless "What's the current rate ?" questions and less of a fixation on status updates, etc. Also, transparency on occasions when Mods are wearing two hats (also business owners).

Edited by Slacker

Anyone else want the rep points back, I sort of used that as a gauge as to whether the poster was posting garbage or infact was credible...

Rep points suck cock ! All day - all night !

Started by

Number of Replies

Number of Views

Last Post Date

Number of Stars

Pictures or no pictures

Poll or not poll

It would also be nice if simply voting in a poll did not bump it as though there were a recent comment.

I really like the sort functions you mention, just as long as they sorted across all threads, not just the ones on the current page.

Though I think the criteria on what we sort by should be limited sorting by numbers of views and replies, will only help those threads get more posts, and more views

But sorting on thread title, creator, created date would be the three most useful and 'fair' sorting functions

And I definitely agree on the poll not bumping up the page if someone votes. I myself created a TR with a poll and noticed it kept getting bumped up he list. No doubt I got a few more views that way, but it's not a true indication of the popularity.

Would it be possible to in some-way "announce" or "show" why a thread has been deleted/removed? I find sometimes that I follow - just reading/ maybe posted a reply- a thread and then it would be gone. It has happens very seldom but I have experienced it a couple of times. I understand that there can be different reasons why they disappear but let's us know, please:)

Arai ko dai, anything is fine with me, as long as it keeps working with IPBoard on my iPad, that combination of iPBoard ad PA is Heaven :-)

:GoldenSmile1: LOOKING FORWARD To it Bro !!

HAVE SOME FUN....GET IT ALL OVER HER FACE!!

PATTAYA IS A MAN'S PARADISE !!

Arai ko dai, anything is fine with me, as long as it keeps working with IPBoard on my iPad, that combination of iPBoard ad PA is Heaven :-)

I'm with you, but there is something missing in the current version: Picture Upload !!!!!

Firstly this function is completely misssing from the mobile interface.

Secondly The function in the "full Version" does not use the standard HTML method so that iCab Mobile cannot catch it and do The upload on its own (mobile safari cant, As you know).

The perfect way to do it would be to call a small Open Source(?) App I've read about (sorry don't remember The name) which let's you choose and upload the file.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, this software is available now, just waiting for some of the mods we use to get upgraded!

Let me start by saying this is the best run Forum I've been on. That said there are other forums with more useful software. It's probably too late to impact your new update, but maybe these suggestions could be useful in the future if you plan to update more often.

Started by

Number of Replies

Number of Views

Last Post Date

Number of Stars

Pictures or no pictures

Poll or not poll

Sorting by start date will let those who don't want to read recently bumped old reports avoid them.

The number of stars isn't used much--mostly no rating at all or 5 stars, and I would be surprised if the 5 stars came from more than a hand full of people. I think more people would bother to rate if the rating could be made use of. I don't know if the "Like" button will work by comment or by report, but if it works by report, it would be nice to sort by number of likes.

New members have to take a long time looking through forums and threads. And they should spend time. But I gave up after looking 4 or 5 months into the past. Sorting by number of views or replies or stars would be a good way to find the most popular threads, even if they are older. Threads of distinction will tend to float to the top also.

I know you can go to a person's profile and find their topics, but you have to leave the Forum you're in at the time. Let's say you want to read all trip reports by a certain member. Go to Trip Reports and sort by Started By and scroll to that member's name.

Some people don't like polls--just sort and they drop to the bottom (or top if you WANT to vote in some polls)

If someone wants to read about, say, Soi 6 but only threads with pictures, the sort by pics/no pics would be useful.

In any event, thanks for spending your time making PA a great site.

Polls making it to the top of new content with nothing more than a vote is maybe the only complaint I have about this forum.

Rep points were fun but it turned into a game with people trolling for points. I think they could come back if trolling/asking for points was outlawed, but that adds one more thing the mods have to mod, and they have enough to do already IMO.

This last is just a passing thought about something I have seen in other forums. Would it be useful to limit new members posting privileges to the newbie forum for their first 3-5 posts? All the basic answers are there, keeping them focused in that section a bit at first might be useful.

Possible to improve the search feature? I'm a big fan of the vb forums where when you search it sorts topics by last activity. So if someone has just replied to the thread it will be the very first post listed int he search results. On this forum it sorts posts in the order you posted. So if I made a post last year it will be on say page 5 of 7 pages for search results and make it difficult to see if someone else has replied in the thread.

Someday, somebody will ski that

Update, this software is available now, just waiting for some of the mods we use to get upgraded!

Will the mods need to be rebooted?

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

1) Is it possible to see more as 5 posts you made earlier in the next version. I know i can use find content but with the post function i mean?

2) I hope the thank you function won't lead to a competition like it was with the rep-function. We are all here to gain information on our lovely sin-city and not to participate in a "who is the best mongerer?" IMO.

some guys need to control their hormones not all is based on competition!

Sorry, this post begins to sound like the one i posted on BM Pepe le Pew topic "i've been coming to Pattaya more as you", see http://www.pattaya-a..._1#entry1018768

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Will the mods need to be rebooted?

Total reinstall. i believe most are still DOS 6.1 :P

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Would it be possible to in some-way "announce" or "show" why a thread has been deleted/removed? I find sometimes that I follow - just reading/ maybe posted a reply- a thread and then it would be gone. It has happens very seldom but I have experienced it a couple of times. I understand that there can be different reasons why they disappear but let's us know, please:)

It is a nice ideal but it isn't always possible. Sometimes the issue is quite complex or the information isn't really appropriate as general knowledge. If reasons are given in some cases and not others it is likely to cause more problems than it is worth.

Generally there are only few reasons why posts or threads are removed. These include people getting personal and fucking the thread, racism, spam or discussion of drugs and under-aged girls. Sometimes members ask for stuff to be removed eg a guy posts some photos of a girl who he later marries.

If you feel strongly about why something was removed send a PM to a moderator.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It is a nice ideal but it isn't always possible. Sometimes the issue is quite complex or the information isn't really appropriate as general knowledge. If reasons are given in some cases and not others it is likely to cause more problems than it is worth.

Generally there are only few reasons why posts or threads are removed. These include people getting personal and fucking the thread, racism, spam or discussion of drugs and under-aged girls. Sometimes members ask for stuff to be removed eg a guy posts some photos of a girl who he later marries.

If you feel strongly about why something was removed send a PM to a moderator.

I fully understand. It seems very logic and reasonable.

Another thing I would ask about is if it would be possible to see both the post that you've been quoted by another BM and also the reply. Now we get a notification that a BM has quoted one and when pressing the notification we get directed to our own post and then we have to look for the reply in the next pages.

It would be easier to go there by some feature?

I fully understand. It seems very logic and reasonable.

Another thing I would ask about is if it would be possible to see both the post that you've been quoted by another BM and also the reply. Now we get a notification that a BM has quoted one and when pressing the notification we get directed to our own post and then we have to look for the reply in the next pages.

It would be easier to go there by some feature?

Click this and you get that...

post-11269-0-72357900-1310762928.jpg

You need to click "quoted" specifically.

Click this and you get that...

notif.JPG

You need to click "quoted" specifically.

:D

Perfect, I didn't know. I have always thought/pressed the "post you made". :Oops1: