IGNORED

Update of forum coming soon..

There will be lots of improvements on the next version of the forum. (3.2)

- New text editor with auto-save (no more loosing posts when power cuts off)

- Cleaner interface, quick reply, quick quoting

- New post alert while typing reply

Core Functionality

- View new content and topic marking improvements

- New Photo Editor

- Shared media

- Tagging and prefixes

- Notification enhancements

- New mobile skin

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/331533-whats-new-in-ipboard-320-and-related-apps-so-far/

Suggestion: With the new improvements maybe you can limit the size of a photo that someone can post. If they try to post a photo that's too big they get a error message stating "Resize Photo to max size of ____". Maybe even a link to how to resize the photo if possible.?

Suggestion: With the new improvements maybe you can limit the size of a photo that someone can post. If they try to post a photo that's too big they get a error message stating "Resize Photo to max size of ____". Maybe even a link to how to resize the photo if possible.?

Good point & adding to that what about when you post pics the soft ware resizes them automatically ????

Call me a lazy mother fucker but we need to encourage members to post pics do we not.

:001_Thank_You5:

Anyone else want the rep points back, I sort of used that as a gauge as to whether the poster was posting garbage or infact was credible...

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

You take care about us Lol. More these good news of that kind.Good job.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

There will be lots of improvements on the next version of the forum. (3.2)

- New text editor with auto-save (no more loosing posts when power cuts off)

- Cleaner interface, quick reply, quick quoting

- New post alert while typing reply

Core Functionality

- View new content and topic marking improvements

- New Photo Editor

- Shared media

- Tagging and prefixes

- Notification enhancements

- New mobile skin

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/331533-whats-new-in-ipboard-320-and-related-apps-so-far/

does this mean the board being offline

I have seen on other forums where members can post a 'thanks' if the information that is given is of any value to them.

Thanks for letting us know.

I've only just worked out all of the current features. (I think)

Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

I'm particularly interested in see what the photo editing is all about.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

This concept has been argued since day 1. If we do that some members might not bother posting out of laziness, lack of time or lack of skill to do it. I would rather large photos than none!

Anyone else want the rep points back, I sort of used that as a gauge as to whether the poster was posting garbage or infact was credible...

The new software will have a "like" function, we will leave it on for a while, but if it gets abused (like rep system) then it will be taken off.

You take care about us Lol. More these good news of that kind.Good job.

Thanks, I hope the updates will be more often. I still think the software is way behind compared to facebook.

does this mean the board being offline

Most likely not. It could crash for a few minutes at a time.

Yeah i thought rep points were cool as well

Unfortunately, they were abused to the point that we were forced to remove them.

I have seen on other forums where members can post a 'thanks' if the information that is given is of any value to them.

I prefer a "thanks" to the "like" but they are both better than "rep point"

Thanks for letting us know.

I've only just worked out all of the current features. (I think)

Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

I'm particularly interested in see what the photo editing is all about.

I dont know what it is about yet, but I will check on a test board.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but is there any forum software that could generate an interactive hologram of a Thai girl for those of us stuck in Falangland :GoldenSmile1:

Looking forward to the new features . :001_Thank_You5:

The new software will have a "like" function, we will leave it on for a while, but if it gets abused (like rep system) then it will be taken off.

Good idea!

"like function" will be a success :Clap9:

Good work with taking suggestions and improving the forum.

When is this due to start

as soon as its available, in around 4 weeks max I hope.

When viewing "New content" list, we can see Date and Time of the last answer. It would aslo be good to see under the OP name the initial date thread was created. Could be a better way not digging out old threads.

About the repoint, It is very usefull on the post itself. However, having a total of repoint doesn't means much imo.

Sounds good!

Hope they include a photo upload feature for iOS devices.

Rep points was great for that & I liked the system.

The system was abused by some senior members but when they limited the amount you could award another member each day it was spot on.

I do believe this rep points system was moved from the forum as it was starting to show that certain Members were in fact well followed & rated very highly & so to speak the Admin & forces of power would not like the results it would have shown etc.

Yes next up I will answer the next question & that is of course some members have egos & all that & loved the feel good factor of being awarded points as a way of being appreciated for there hard work & time that goes with reports, threads & posts.

This is a great forum but IMO I do not think no one in power listens to the people/members.

I do believe this rep points system was moved from the forum as it was starting to show that certain Members were in fact well followed & rated very highly & so to speak the Admin & forces of power would not like the results it would have shown etc.

I do beleive it could be embarassing if rep point was still on and your post got +27 from members :GoldenSmile1:

However, Pattaya-addict is an owned forum, and not a democratic forum.

I do beleive that democracy leads to nothing except a big dung where only the flys above will get fat.

I have seen many french forums got closed these days because of the lack of moderation and relying too much on the BM behaviour and acts (that always turns bad...)

So if everything is not perfect on PA, we can say that the ship navigates quite well amongst the storms.

I would be very sad if PA was sailed an other way that would lead it on the rocks.

I'm looking forward to the update.

This is a great forum but IMO I do not think no one in power listens to the people/members.

We do listen to members and we have to make the best choice that we can. Some members wont like it, but the idea is to please the majority and our traffic/membership/stats say to us that we are doing a good job. Its not an easy job, but we base decisions on votes and evidence that we see. (which not all members notice)

We have alot of moderators on here and we have a good voting system.

Sometimes people tell us what they want and we listen, but if we have already discussed an issue to death and already made a decision, then there isn't much point looking into it again.

We do listen to members and we have to make the best choice that we can. Some members wont like it, but the idea is to please the majority and our traffic/membership/stats say to us that we are doing a good job. Its not an easy job, but we base decisions on votes and evidence that we see. (which not all members notice)

We have alot of moderators on here and we have a good voting system.

Sometimes people tell us what they want and we listen, but if we have already discussed an issue to death and already made a decision, then there isn't much point looking into it again.

Thanks for the up date & info there La Mook.

If you listen then good but I know what you mean about its not easy & the majority.

I am a expert dealing with evidence but stats & figures can be used several ways & its facts that matter to members like me. :GoldenSmile1:

Great forum & it is a credit to you all in power & authority.

I do beleive it could be embarassing if rep point was still on and your post got +27 from members :GoldenSmile1:

However, Pattaya-addict is an owned forum, and not a democratic forum.

I do beleive that democracy leads to nothing except a big dung where only the flys above will get fat.

I have seen many french forums got closed these days because of the lack of moderation and relying too much on the BM behaviour and acts (that always turns bad...)

So if everything is not perfect on PA, we can say that the ship navigates quite well amongst the storms.

I would be very sad if PA was sailed an other way that would lead it on the rocks.

I'm looking forward to the update.

Great forum as I have already said & sure very well looked after & moderated.

Now what are you going on about with regards to + 27 & what post ?????

The forum is owned & not a democratic forum ?????? WTF has that got to do with my input, posts & threads ?????

I give my time & material with loads of text for free & like to think I am a good member who sails with PA's & does all & more for the cause. :GoldenSmile1:

Like you I look forward to a updated forum with new & improved functions etc.

Great forum as I have already said & sure very well looked after & moderated.

Now what are you going on about with regards to + 27 & what post ?????

The forum is owned & not a democratic forum ?????? WTF has that got to do with my input, posts & threads ?????

Don't worry aout my input. Not a big issue and some misunderstood.

However, Brian has answered to this and I think his opinion is quite fair.

Don't worry aout my input. Not a big issue and some misunderstood.

However, Brian has answered to this and I think his opinion is quite fair.

So you cant answer me ??????

+27 my thread ?????

OK you are drunk yes ?????

Please be informed I read La Mooks post & I have answered it.

I do not judge easy mate & we by law are all allowed an opinion.

Fair ????? Nothing is fair on this planet & I do live on planet Earth.

I am a member of a number of forums (not just about Thailand) and I have to say that this one is ran better than any other I have seen.

There are many moderators and someone will always looking into any reports you send pretty much straight away.

They may not give feedback to you but something gets actioned.

Keep up the great work guys. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

So you cant answer me ??????

I already answered you by PM as I think I brought it off topic ( as I usualy do )

check your PM