Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bangkok airport to check passports automatically

benny31

Suvarnabhumi airport authorities have invested 76 million baht to install an automatic passport inspection system to offset the need to stand in a long queue. The slowness of the procedures at the airport has been a constant complaint of visitors both on entering and leaving the country.

The deputy director of the airport Wilaiwan Nadwilai said that there would be eight machines at the arrival gates and eight at the departure points. Passengers with biometric passports compatible with the new machines would be able to exit and enter without the assistance of an immigration officer.

However, travellers with the older type of passport would need to use the traditional queuing system as at present. Passengers trying to enter or leave the country with an ‘endorsed’ passport, that is he or she has some kind of immigration or visa problem, will not be able to proceed through the electronic barrier and will alert security personnel.

It’s hoped that the new system will be operational by the end of the year. The deputy director also said that the airport authority was considering the installation of a new air conditioning system and would be announcing the bidding process in due course.

My friend why you made five times same topic?? It is interesting topic but ...:GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

My friend why you made five times same topic?? It is interesting topic but ...:GoldenSmile1:

I'd problems with my broadband internet connection. :o

I'd problems with my broadband internet connection. :o

The mess has been sorted out.... :GoldenSmile1:

It will be interesting to see how badly the Thais F@#^ this up.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have a biometric passport but surely I cant be scanned through as like most will need a 30 day, tourist visa etc stamp on entry ??

Surely only useful for Thais ??

I have a biometric passport but surely I cant be scanned through as like most will need a 30 day, tourist visa etc stamp on entry ??

Surely only useful for Thais ??

As you're entering the Kingdom without a Visa and therefore need the services of Personnel, presumably you won't be able to use this facility?

Those who have a valid Visa will presumably have their details on the Immigration Database and the chip will pick up that information?

I've never come in on Visa Waiver so I don't know, but don't you have to go to a different desk or somewhere anyway?

Do you have the Link?

Do you have the Link?

He did mention that it was on Pattaya Today...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

As you're entering the Kingdom without a Visa and therefore need the services of Personnel, presumably you won't be able to use this facility?

Those who have a valid Visa will presumably have their details on the Immigration Database and the chip will pick up that information?

I've never come in on Visa Waiver so I don't know, but don't you have to go to a different desk or somewhere anyway?

No all desks cater for all visas.

Even if the immigration Database all ready has (for example) a Tourist Visa against that passport "chip" than unless immigration are doing away with all stamps you're still going to need to queue up and get it !!

It must be just for Thai nationals going in and out ??

No all desks cater for all visas.

Even if the immigration Database all ready has (for example) a Tourist Visa against that passport "chip" than unless immigration are doing away with all stamps you're still going to need to queue up and get it !!

It must be just for Thai nationals going in and out ??

Sorry, I thought I saw a sign once for those on Visa Exemption.

Thai nationals whizz through their own gates so that wouldn't help us, but maybe they'll be using them too - it doesn't really say much in the article.

We will still need date stamps and Departure cards presumably - maybe they can be automated but I can't think how.

Maybe we won't need them. I think Jomtien might have the same system, but the land crossings don't.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

I suspect they will only be able to be used by Thai nationals. In Australia these things can only be used by Australian nationals and the Malaysian system by Malaysians. I don't think the Thais will be able to access the information that they would need to allow foreigners to use it.

I suspect they will only be able to be used by Thai nationals. In Australia these things can only be used by Australian nationals and the Malaysian system by Malaysians. I don't think the Thais will be able to access the information that they would need to allow foreigners to use it.

Maybe so, but then why is that newsworthy in an English speaking newspaper aimed at foreigners and why are they talking about the big queue problem for visitors to Thailand?

The Thai nationals don't have long queues anyway, but maybe it will release more staff to agravate farang.

What was the big fuss about the system they put in at Jomtien last year? What was that for?

Oh well, it won't be up and running by the end of the month so it might not affect me for a year or two.

Maybe so, but then why is that newsworthy in an English speaking newspaper aimed at foreigners and why are they talking about the big queue problem for visitors to Thailand?

The English language press in Pattaya are not well known for their in-depth investigative reporting skills....lol Maybe it was a slow news day...mai ruu!!!