IGNORED

Grand President

glynbuk

My first trip to thailand was last christmas and i stayed at the hotel Grand President in soi 11 bangkok

Nice hotel, good area and the skytrain station very close.

I had a grand suite which was about 50 sq metres and not badly priced, only problem is my room

backed on to the Ambassador hotel and they have a menagerie of birds which make a lot of noise early

in the morning

i have posted a few pics of the room and hotel and hosted them on imagevenue.com which is a great

free host for posting pics to forums, you can click each pic for the larger pic.

th_01204_bangkokrain_122_347lo.JPGth_01211_DSCF0074_122_398lo.JPGth_01218_DSCF0098_122_588lo.JPGth_01224_DSCF0099_122_576lo.JPG

th_01231_DSCF0100_122_446lo.JPGth_01235_DSCF0058_122_571lo.JPGth_01242_DSCF0101_122_389lo.JPG

:P

Great review Glyn, I've stayed here also on a monthly basis a couple of times, they do good reductions for long term rates, I paid 38,000 baht per month.

It has 3 swimming pools & a gym, 24 hour room service & GF.

http://www.grandpresident.com

• 2 months later...
Great review Glyn, I've stayed here also on a monthly basis a couple of times, they do good reductions for long term rates, I paid 38,000 baht per month.

It has 3 swimming pools & a gym, 24 hour room service & GF.

http://www.grandpresident.com

You get around are you in the travel business ? Well you could be a pilot or Ahh import export no the sex trade ?

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see the pictures. I stayed at the GP in Dec and Feb. It is a great place but I think next time I'll find someone else which is a better value. This last time I was in Royal suite, free transport to and from airport, free internet in room, free breakfast and newspaper each day. The extras were nice, the employeesand doormen there are great!!! It is also very safe to take girls, they get the girl's ID when they come in which is a great service. I paid about $82/night first trip and $92 the second. Thanks for the post.

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of choices at that 3200 baht price point.

I stayed in Tower 3 for my first few trips to Thailand in 2002/3. I remember reading about those goddam birds. The only time I heard them was in the changing room near the fitness centre. Liked GP but prices began to rocket. A week in a Topaz Suite then was 7,600 baht. :001_Sawasdee:

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the GP for 3 days this May at tower 2 (there are 3 towers). I stayed in a 1 br suite and paid 2500 baht per night. The only complaint that I have was that the drink service at the pool is SLOW. My TG had to order twice for us, and it was just for a beer and a Pepsi. Also, I do not recommend using their car service to the airport. My bud specifically asked them to be ready at 0400, and they had to wake the driver up. We did not leave until 0440. Better to just take a taxi.

Otherwise, the place was excellent. There are probably better hotels in the area for less $, but my company is paying so WTH. The 1 br has a large kitchen and 3/4 size fridge complete with utensils, if you are into cooking stuff (no stove, but has a microwave). They will bring you a hotplate if you ask for it. The internet connection (LAN) was fantastic, for LOS standards. I had some problems connecting at first, but a pretty little thing came straight up to help me out (100 baht tip for her). There is a huge selection of stuff in the minibar, if you are into that stuff. One nice touch is that there were condoms in the MB, nice going. No joiner fees, but they will assume that every TG is a BG. My TGF took this in stride, but I was embarrassed for her. The pool in tower 2 was fantastic, except that it is on the 8th floor. There are two elevators in T2, so if you stay in floors 2-7, you must go to the lobby and change elevators to go to the pool, not a real big inconvenience, but if I stay there again, I would request staying above floor 8. They have a nice gym, if you are into that stuff. There are 2 7/11 on Soi 11, and you are right in the middle of the action, the BTS is directly at the end of the Soi (11). I like to walk. So much is within 100 meters of the hotel. Never made it to the b-fast buffet, but my buds said that it was good.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone stayed in the Grand President lately? I'd like to know if its still girl friendly as I might be coming to Bangkok for an extended stay (few months) and was considering the GP.

Cool place for sure! Does the staff come in and get naked with you whenever they feel like it??

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Just checking out this hotel landing in BKK and will stay for a couple of nights in october then off to Pattaya. Wanted to book this now, sounds pretty good.

How do i take advantage of the free airport transfer? Anyone know how this works? Would they pick me up? :$

And also if anyone has been here recently could they let me know if its still GF.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Superdry

He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.

Hey guys, Just checking out this hotel landing in BKK and will stay for a couple of nights in october then off to Pattaya. Wanted to book this now, sounds pretty good.

How do i take advantage of the free airport transfer? Anyone know how this works? Would they pick me up? :$

And also if anyone has been here recently could they let me know if its still GF.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the airport transport. But I can confirm its still GF. I'm staying in the GP now.