Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prepaid Phone Cards to LOS From USA

stillakid

I need some advice about quality prepaid phone cards for calling from the USA to Thailand. Would also like to use it for texting or SMS. I purchased one card and it is total sh-t. It takes 4 to 8 attempts to get the call through. When it finally gets through, the quality is worse than two tin cans and string. Skype and MSN Messenger are good when I am near a computer, but I need to use a phone.

Ideas and suggestions please.

Stillakid

Edited by stillakid

As the title didn't specify USA to Thailand I will add two pennyworth for UK guys.

Ive stopped using the landline via access number 0844 etc to Thailand.The connection charge was more than the cost of the actual call.

Have a web only sim card icard mobile at 2p a minute to Thai mobiles and 1p a minute to Thai landlines with NO CONNECTION charge.

Calls to UK mobiles at 6p a minute.2p to UK landlines.

Calls to other icard mobile sims are free ( 10 minutes or less per call-disconnect and redial ! )

Strictly pay as you go-no monthly plans etc.

Have cut my monthly phone bills by 60%

Sorry to slightly thread fuck to OP.

Edited by chivas

As the title didn't specify USA to Thailand I will add two pennyworth for UK guys.

Ive stopped using the landline via access number 0844 etc to Thailand.The connection charge was more than the cost of the actual call.

Have a web only sim card icard mobile at 2p a minute to Thai mobiles and 1p a minute to Thai landlines with NO CONNECTION charge.

Calls to UK mobiles at 6p a minute.2p to UK landlines.

Calls to other icard mobile sims are free ( 10 minutes or less per call-disconnect and redial ! )

Strictly pay as you go-no monthly plans etc.

Have cut my monthly phone bills by 60%

Sorry to slightly thread fuck to OP.

Hi Chivas:

Thank you for the response. Topic title is edited. No thread f-ck at all

Stillakid

Calling cards.

Dial into a local number to call long distance.

Gave up on calling cards a long time ago. I use Skype to call family across the globe, but as you say you need a computer to do that. I set up an account with skype and have 2 numbers. One is local to me and the other is local to my son in South America. When I want to phone him, I call that local number here and it connects to skype then in his country it connects from skype to his mobile. Not a penny a minute, but very cheap. When he wants to phone me, he phones the local number there and it rings on my mobile. On my mobile contract I get free UK calls to the landline number this end so am only paying the equivalent of phoning his mobile via skype.

Works great for me. Any calls I make to Thailand are through skype

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Gave up on calling cards a long time ago. I use Skype to call family across the globe, but as you say you need a computer to do that....

Not if you have an iPhone, Skype have an iPhone app - all you need is access to wi-fi.