IGNORED

Do you get the runs in Pattaya?

ryan84cfc

Usually once or twice a trip I get a small dose of the runs. It is usually not serious and I just need to got 2 or 3 times in a day rather than just the once.

On the last day of the last trip I got something a little more serious. Within 20 minutes of drinking or eating anything it was coming out the other end. I took some Imodium that seemed to do the trick. I though good, I'll try a cup of tea. Because the bastard of a thing couldn't get out the back end it decided to come out of where it went it. This was an hour before my taxi arrived to go to the airport. I didn't eat or drink anything on the flight.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• Mackem Stu

• Esco

• Siam Sam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never really had a problem; my guts are used to eating shit now if I get the trots then the food must be pretty bad.

I think the trick is keep off the likes of salads or anything that is washed in tape water without cooking

• 1 month later...
The runs don't bother me. In June i was in Sakon Nackon for a week, eating Lao food, which i have never done before. My arse was champion. Got back to patts and within 12 hours had the shits. i bame the kamagra Jelly's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's definitely the jellies that does it to me. When I started drinking blueberry Bacardi breezers the first visit I had when I splattered the pan it was bright bright green. It gave me a hell of a fright. Stopped the blue breezers then back to normal. Couldn't stop the jellies though so just had to put up with the runs. Imodium is not bad but doesn't work completely. Am I talking shite

First time I went I did, but the next time I did not have problems. Second time I stayed away from the water and the ice. I even brushed my teeth with bottled water.

Probably the water if you brush teeth from tap or the ice. Immodium, cheese and peanut butter will plug you up right away. Always have a satay as appetiser to keep the pnut butter going. and agree on the gatorade

If you read up on it you will see that a major cause is "ice cold drinks" - nuff said probably, coz you aint gonna drink warm beer so you just have to put up with it chaps.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

God....my last trip I had the shits the ENTIRE damn trip!!!! UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH....................and the worst part would be early in the AM when it came on, and I had a LBFM in the bed with me.....HAHAHAHAHA.............went to the bathroom, turned on the water faucet, and let'er rip!!!!! But one lil gal asked me one morning........."ohhhhhh............you feel better?" HAHAHAHAHAHA

reminds me of pouring a bucket of water on a flat rock!!! hahahaha

Just another reason that makes LOS so Great

I go away for three weeks have al the sex i want, eat all I want , drink everyday and still come home 1 stone lighter than when I left.

I always get the runs and always get the flu.

Almost constantly.

I don't do the immodium thing as I'd rather have the runs than plug my arse up but I do use BUSCOPAN which allows you to keep shiting but deals wih the painful stomach cramps. It is a miracle drug.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

If you read up on it you will see that a major cause is "ice cold drinks" - nuff said probably, coz you aint gonna drink warm beer so you just have to put up with it chaps.

Interesting that it's ice cold drinks that cause it; on my last tour I always had an early afternoon ice cream from that ice cream place on WS. WIthin half and hour I was finding a toilet as fast as I could. It's the same with drinks straight from the fridge.

I don't drink alcohol when I'm there, and always ask for my drink without ice. Five minutes later it is not ice cold, and so problems aleviated. Same same drinks in the loom.

Always used to get a mild dose, you know the sort where you keep an eye out for the nearest toilet....just in case !

Then at the back end of last year I was sicker that a sick thing thats just been diagnosed with triple gastroenteritis...damn it was flowing out of every orifice faster than I could fill up with fluid again. If the girlfriend wasn't working I would've gone to hospital for sure, but when she came home after her 12hr shift the sickness etc started slowing down.

Since that episode I have been up-country, bangkok, patts, Samui etc and drunk myself stupid and eaten food from all the vendors and been pretty tip top.....fingers crossed it stays that way.

Som Num Na

• 1 month later...
It's definitely the jellies that does it to me. When I started drinking blueberry Bacardi breezers the first visit I had when I splattered the pan it was bright bright green. It gave me a hell of a fright. Stopped the blue breezers then back to normal. Couldn't stop the jellies though so just had to put up with the runs. Imodium is not bad but doesn't work completely. Am I talking shite

Well Imodium does work great, but it doesn't stop the runs but helps to reduce the frequency of you going to the toilet and to help get rid of the discomforts.

Guys,

For the past few trips I took the advice of a mate who is a Doc. He suggested for the month prior to visiting Thailand, to take probiotic drinks on a daily basis. Different brands on different days. Result was superb. No diarrhoea problems.. Well worth trying.

Edited by lucidias

The cause of my ills is the Formaldehyde in Singha beer. They use it as a preservative as it often has to be stored in high temperatures. Tiger doesn't have it but when over indulge I suffer acid indigestion, which I don't get from Singha. I'm in a no win unless I go on Euro imports. As an experiment I stayed on Whiskey\Coke and Vodka\Orange for a few nights and as if by magic it cleared up. I've just found out the EU are going to ban imports of Eastern bevvies like Singha and Beer Lao because they contain Formaldehyde.

I'm just off to Tesco now to stock up before they do. It's the only thing that connects me with LOS while I'm stuck in the good old UK.

I've gotta agree though to be in Patts without the shits doesn't feel right. I always clean my teeth with bottled spring water though. It's a must. I saw a mate go down bad and not even immodium could save him. Filled his undies in the Ruin Thai resturaunt one night. I could only feel sorry for him.

Here we go again... Another, "geeze I have the shits" thread.

You get the shits from bacteria your body isn't accustomed to. Follow some basic rules and you will lessen the odds. If you do get the runs, lighten up on what you're eating.

Take immodium for the mild cases.

For more serious stuff, shut down for a couple of days. Take an antibiotic for the gut. They have ones that are specifically designed to stay in the gut. They have em over there or if you are smart take some with you. Your Dr. will give you an Rx if you ask. Get the proper ones. When you have it bad don't eat, drink water and rest. Don't go out drinking and fucking. If you get rid of the bug you'll be back to normal in a couple of days. If not you can get real sick.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it just me or am i the only 1 who gets the shits everyday in pattaya? I mean its hurrendous but you get use to it! Its like pouring a tin of beans out of ur ass :P

I always take imodium with me and you can get it there too in most pharmacies i also bring rehydration sachets with me too as they help to replace lost fluids and minerals i get mine from boots. I dont know about you but a lot of my problems stem from not eating properly the heat and the booze and the imodium sorts me out good luck mate

You get the shits from bacteria your body isn't accustomed to. Follow some basic rules and you will lessen the odds. If you do get the runs, lighten up on what you're eating.

I've lived in Asia for years and eat all sorts. Never seem to suffer so I guess the above statement is correct. But.....I don't get the shits when I visit the UK either.

I usually get it at some point. Was in a bar one night just having a game of C4 with a bar girl and i farted and followed through, i told the girl i might be a while at the toilet. I quickly gave the loo attendant my 5bht and rushed through the turnstyle. I squatted down over the hole in the floor and noticed shit all over the inside of of my jeans...just great :P To top it off, there was no bog paper. There was, however, a tub of brown smelly water and a plastic scoop to the right of me and a bin full of used shit paper to the left, so i went for the less of two evils and started scooping the shitty water to clean my arse with and the used bog paper to remove the shit from my jeans.

A good 20 minutes later i emerged from the toilet and told the attendant there was no bog roll, to which she replied "you pick it up on your way in" while pointing at a pile on her desk :Bravo1: When i got back to the bar, the girl said she thought i'd done a runner to escape paying the bill. If only she knew...

I usually get it at some point. Was in a bar one night just having a game of C4 with a bar girl and i farted and followed through, i told the girl i might be a while at the toilet. I quickly gave the loo attendant my 5bht and rushed through the turnstyle. I squatted down over the hole in the floor and noticed shit all over the inside of of my jeans...just great :P To top it off, there was no bog paper. There was, however, a tub of brown smelly water and a plastic scoop to the right of me and a bin full of used shit paper to the left, so i went for the less of two evils and started scooping the shitty water to clean my arse with and the used bog paper to remove the shit from my jeans.

A good 20 minutes later i emerged from the toilet and told the attendant there was no bog roll, to which she replied "you pick it up on your way in" while pointing at a pile on her desk :Bravo1: When i got back to the bar, the girl said she thought i'd done a runner to escape paying the bill. If only she knew...

LOL! I only get the shits when I eat Thai for two weeks straight. If I mix it up with Farang food no problem whatsoever

I usually get the Trots sometime on the trip & just make sure you bring some tickets from home as the hotel Bog Roll can get a bit rough on my Delicate Botty. :D

Mud , Blood or Flood, We fuck tonight.

Never wear white pants in thailand !

Never wear white pants in thailand !

• 3 weeks later...