IGNORED

PSC Card

SCOTTIEDAM

A friend told me the other day he paid 3,000 Baht for his PSC CARD, I paid 1,000 Baht 3 years ago for mine. Has the price gone up that much, or did he get screwed??

A friend told me the other day he paid 3,000 Baht for his PSC CARD, I paid 1,000 Baht 3 years ago for mine. Has the price gone up that much, or did he get screwed??

what is a psc card

what is a psc card

That's my question too.

HAVE SOME FUN....GET IT ALL OVER HER FACE!!

PATTAYA IS A MAN'S PARADISE !!

Well my PSC (Pussy Sniffing Controller) Card was already previously installed at no costs, and works pretty dang good. come on.

I went last week with a Passport size photo and my Renewal was the same 500 Baht for a full Year..I save much more then this in a few days of play and often discounts at Pharmacy's as well..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

what is a psc card

Pattaya Sports Club golfing card to get discounts at the local golf course's

Looks like he got a Gold Card. 500 baht for 1 st time card , 500 baht per year for 5 years & they throw in a 6th year for free.

• 1 month later...

There has been some discussion on some other forums concerning this issue. It seems PSC is raising the rates or have already done so for those that area holiday memeber as I am. However based on this I have made the conscious decision to not renew the card, not because of the rate change, but more for the fact that playing wiht most societies, one receives discounted green fees already.

" Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way!!"

• 2 months later...

Yea, he would have bought the six yr M/bhip + Join fee.....Def no rip-off, that's for sure !

I originally joined in 1998 and prices for M/ship have had minimal increase......

(1998 - Join fee 250thb + 300thb yr fee). :WTG1:

• 1 month later...

There has been some discussion on some other forums concerning this issue. It seems PSC is raising the rates or have already done so for those that area holiday memeber as I am. However based on this I have made the conscious decision to not renew the card, not because of the rate change, but more for the fact that playing wiht most societies, one receives discounted green fees already.

Most societies get very big discounts from the courses they play if they have at least 20 players. So if you are playing with a society which regularly has a high amount of people playing (eg Outback Golf Bar, Lewiinskis etc) then you will not need a PSC card.

However playing with the "larger" societies means its a longer day overall. They also tend to take their "society competitions" more seriously, which some (like me) do not like.

If you play with the smaller, more informal societies (like Le Katai on Soi Lengkee) then it is advisable to get a PSC membership as they will not have 20+ players every day. However you will not have to pay a competition fee (ie prize money) and you will get back to Pattaya quicker.

Most societies get very big discounts from the courses they play if they have at least 20 players. So if you are playing with a society which regularly has a high amount of people playing (eg Outback Golf Bar, Lewiinskis etc) then you will not need a PSC card.

However playing with the "larger" societies means its a longer day overall. They also tend to take their "society competitions" more seriously, which some (like me) do not like.

If you play with the smaller, more informal societies (like Le Katai on Soi Lengkee) then it is advisable to get a PSC membership as they will not have 20+ players every day. However you will not have to pay a competition fee (ie prize money) and you will get back to Pattaya quicker.

Yeah Stephenh I agree playing with the larger societies do get the best rates. And yes that does come with more players, but I come to LOS to actually get my game somewhat in shape for the AM tour that I play on back home in the States, so I don't mind the longer days. I also enjoy the quality of players on the many different societies and there are quite the number of players that are really good players.

" Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I got a goldcard membership for 6 years a last december, think i payed about 2500b but when i looked at the discounts this year - i wish i didn´t!