IGNORED

Billabong Hotel

Chatso

Stayed at The Billabong for my first trip 1st-14th June. Easily booked by email and got picked up by their taxi service from the airport 1200B with the taxi guy waiting for me at the airport meeting point.

Was in room C4 with a fridge TV the usual stuff I guess. Its nice room right on the corner so u can see most of the LK Metro. The bars open 24Hrs with a pool table and bar games and lots of fans around the place to cool you down. It was a bit daunting at first coming down to the bar around 9pm but soon relaxed with a beer talking to Ning who works behind the bar and shortly after that one of the front of bar ladies.

The owner Gregs I guess is your typical Aussie guy likes a drink (Think Aussie beer commercials) and hard men sports like aussie rules footy and rugby league. I talked to him a few times sometimes by mistake in Thai-gish? 'i go there i go there and i go there' etc. so he had to remind me that he spoke good English and I could just speak to him in a normal way haha. He's approacable if you had a problem -not that I had any while I was there. When he and Kung werent around the place seemed to run itself pretty smoothly from the bar staff to the ladies in the front of the bar. He also decribed the people working there as family and I'm sure he'd make sure that people are respectful towards them all. I kinda feel a bit guilty cos I did barfine a few there and one really sweet lady for 2 periods of 3 days. I kind of wish I'd only barfined one from there now not because it caused me any problems (because it didn't) but because I didn't want to be disrespectful to the ladies in the sense of multiple barfines from the same bar they work from. I usually stand by the expression 'u dont shit in your own backyard' but i did worry i was not only shitting but making a sewage works! -but there was never any problem apart from my guilt!

The place has many attractive ladies who wear different coloured dresses depending what day it is. I particulary liked the white dresses because of the contrast with the ladies beautiful skin. They didnt hassle me for drinks although they might hint for you to buy them a drink but never in a bad way and on the few occasions i did politeley say no it was never a problem there was no sulking -they'd just got me the next day haha but it was all done in good fun I didnt mind -I was in holiday paradise!I liked one girl there who I was kind of a bit scared of cos she a bit loud (but in a fun way)I asked 'do you want a drink' and she turned her head to one side and put on a big smile -i took this to mean a yes

I liked the way they did the music lively thorough the day and early evening but winding done with lovey dovey heart breaky type stuff e.g.-

The Corrs - What Can I Do (to make you love me)

carpenters - yesterday

Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody

Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me (i wear short skirts u wear t-shirts) -the Pattaya version

Colbie Caillat - Fallin' for you

The Fray - You Found Me

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You (i think there a joke here somewhere?)

Lady Antebellum-- I run to you

Maroon 5 - she will be loved

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly

I dont usually listen to this type of music but keep playing it again and again on Youtube (self-torture)

Also had live music on Sundays with a couple of attractive Thai female singers and a bloke on keyboards

Never had a problem with the cleaners -i just put the sign on the door for them to clean the room -went to change money came back less than an hour later and the room had been cleaned -forgot to tip for the first couple of days ...but they still cleaned the room!

It does a great Aussie/English breakfast perfect after a night on the beer but also the Thai food tasted good too (as you would expect)and I did eat that a few times as well (the non-spicey kind) its a good way to get some veg type food into you!

If you leave the bar they have business like card with the address on that you can take with you so you dont get lost -just show them to some taxi bloke and hopefully he'll return you home.

The place seemed to be more or less full when i was there so hopefully the business was doing well even in low season. There are other similar guesthouse/hotel type places along the LK Metro and i hope business is good for all these types of establishments because I like these kind of places because -you get a more personel touch and get to know the staff a bit better than the same same fake plastic shite faceless towerblock type hotels that seem to spawning up everywhere (but upto you) -also some bloke told me another gogo is being built opposite Club Blue on the LK Metro -so thats good!

Was really sad to leave -absolutley gutted in fact -took their taxi back music playing in taxi was aload of sad goodbye type songs!

I absolutely loved the place, great to relax in the afternoon and party at night with beautiful ladies, fun staff, 24 hr bar, big pool table with proper pockets, good music, good grub, nice size rooms at good rates.

So thanks to all at the Billabong for looking after me on my very enjoyable stay.

Cheers :)

Yep good Review Chatso

I stayed there on my 5th trip.

Great bar and great location, so nice to be able to look over your balcony and see all the Devils Den Girls :)

Only thing I did not like was the beds, very low and was very hard.

The breakfast was very good and the service was excellent also.

Cheers

Sten

Yep good Review Chatso

I stayed there on my 5th trip.

Great bar and great location, so nice to be able to look over your balcony and see all the Devils Den Girls :)

Only thing I did not like was the beds, very low and was very hard.

The breakfast was very good and the service was excellent also.

Cheers

Sten

Thanks mate

Yeah from the balcony I saw Devils Den girls -stunning! (but never went in -maybe next time)and Office girls round the corner ...and pretty girls seemed to be always around or passing by!!

I didnt mind the beds -maybe too much beer to notice? haha

I think it was good for me being my first trip that I could practise 'interacting' with the girls before heading out further afield

Its certainly a great place to relax and watch the world go by (when I eventually rolled out of bed) :)

It's a class place to stay, I've stayed twice and gonna go for a third in October. The view of the den girls is good but better to have one of the lower rooms. I stayed in C2 on first trip and could see except when they pulled the sunshade thing out but in A2 in May I could see them everyday, and they could also see me which they told me when I finally grew a pair lol

You get any pics mate? Just so I know who you are talking about, the only reason I knew the bar girls names was cause they had name tags and I hate talkingto people for days then asking whats your name, so a lot of people are nameless to me lol

Ps when they start choking as if they are thirsty, ie hintingfor a drink, just say you need pharmacy and point to buckaeow, gets many a laugh lol

You summed up Billabong perfectly.

I stayed there for about 7 days a couple trips back and it was a great place to stay.

My only concern was the noisy bed. But maybe that's just because I am a fat arse.

Billabong really is a great place to stay in a great location.

Even if I am not staying there I always drop in for a drink or 2.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

It's a class place to stay, I've stayed twice and gonna go for a third in October. The view of the den girls is good but better to have one of the lower rooms. I stayed in C2 on first trip and could see except when they pulled the sunshade thing out but in A2 in May I could see them everyday, and they could also see me which they told me when I finally grew a pair lol

You get any pics mate? Just so I know who you are talking about, the only reason I knew the bar girls names was cause they had name tags and I hate talkingto people for days then asking whats your name, so a lot of people are nameless to me lol

Ps when they start choking as if they are thirsty, ie hintingfor a drink, just say you need pharmacy and point to buckaeow, gets many a laugh lol

Yeah I loved the place -was gonna try and sneak in another trip this year but ive only got 7 days hols left so unlikely to get back this year.

Haha good tip -yeah I know what you mean when you say about choking -Ning the short haired girl who works behind the bar/cashier (so no name tag?)did that a couple of times (but all good fun). I remember later in the hols when I'd got to know them a bit better (and they abuse you abit but in a nice way) that I wanted a drink but she was busy writing somat down so she said 'no! ..im too busy to serve you'(again in fun) I said 'its ok I was gonna offer to buy you a drink ...but if you're too busy for one then its no problem' she was like 'oh haha ...err haha ...err I've finished what i was doing now' -they are really fun people!

Dont talk to me bout pics -think the card thingy you put in the camera is kaput :( ...although I never took as many as I'd thought I would for some reason?

Also reading your reports on the Billabong help me make my mind up about the place so thanks for that :) ...and have a good one in October

You summed up Billabong perfectly.

I stayed there for about 7 days a couple trips back and it was a great place to stay.

My only concern was the noisy bed. But maybe that's just because I am a fat arse.

Billabong really is a great place to stay in a great location.

Even if I am not staying there I always drop in for a drink or 2.

Thanks mate,

Like I keep saying (like a broken record!) -just loved the place and the LK Metro area

Thought the bed wasnt too creeky but it did bang against the wall and maybe the person in the next room thought I was a stud (even though the girl was doing all the work!)

Think it was you who put the youtube type guides on how to go on how barbuses work, pay your bin, the ass squirty toilet thing works etc. -if so thanks cause I found them really useful ...even though I kept going to the bar to pay bin instead of using the bell -but I did remember to lean back to create a seal for using the ass squirter thing haha :)

Thanks mate,

Like I keep saying (like a broken record!) -just loved the place and the LK Metro area

Thought the bed wasnt too creeky but it did bang against the wall and maybe the person in the next room thought I was a stud (even though the girl was doing all the work!)

Think it was you who put the youtube type guides on how to go on how barbuses work, pay your bin, the ass squirty toilet thing works etc. -if so thanks cause I found them really useful ...even though I kept going to the bar to pay bin instead of using the bell -but I did remember to lean back to create a seal for using the ass squirter thing haha :)

Hi mate. Would you believe we were neighbours i was in C3. Were you the lad who came into my room by accident one evening? :-)

Your review was spot and I highly recommend this hotel aswell. Had a great time and loved the breakfast

Thanks mate,

Yep I am the one who made those videos.

I actually have a LOT more footage of Thailand to put together.

I really should get around to that one day.

PS Interesting fact about the videos of the shower and toilet...they were filmed in Billabong. I'm not sure which room any more but it was also level C...maybe room 2 I think. :)

Hi mate. Would you believe we were neighbours i was in C3. Were you the lad who came into my room by accident one evening? :-)

Your review was spot and I highly recommend this hotel aswell. Had a great time and loved the breakfast

Hi, Haha -I cant remember going into anyone elses room -I always remembered my room cause it was last one along -and at night I'd give the girl the key and follow her ...but on the off chance it was me I'm very sorry!

Alot of the times I'd forget to lock the door but the girl would usually remember which was good cause I didnt roll outa bed till the afternoon -dont want the cleaners to get a fright!!

However I do remember going past either C2 or C3 after coming back with a girl at around 12-1am and there was a bloke in the doorway and a Thai girl seemed to be pushing him out which I thought was strange but I cant remember which day maybe around the 10th? dont know if that was the incident? -did he just get the wrong room? ...or the wrong floor!!

I agree with you about the breakfasts -I read on here in some places that they sometimes dont fry the eggs properly but never had any trouble with the breakfast -aroi mak mak (or whatever the phrase is?)

cheers :)

PS Interesting fact about the videos of the shower and toilet...they were filmed in Billabong. I'm not sure which room any more but it was also level C...maybe room 2 I think. :)

Link me to these vids, I've never saw them and I'd be able to say if in C2 or not as thats where I stayed one time lol

Yeah I loved the place -was gonna try and sneak in another trip this year but ive only got 7 days hols left so unlikely to get back this year.

Haha good tip -yeah I know what you mean when you say about choking -Ning the short haired girl who works behind the bar/cashier (so no name tag?)did that a couple of times (but all good fun). I remember later in the hols when I'd got to know them a bit better (and they abuse you abit but in a nice way) that I wanted a drink but she was busy writing somat down so she said 'no! ..im too busy to serve you'(again in fun) I said 'its ok I was gonna offer to buy you a drink ...but if you're too busy for one then its no problem' she was like 'oh haha ...err haha ...err I've finished what i was doing now' -they are really fun people!

Dont talk to me bout pics -think the card thingy you put in the camera is kaput :( ...although I never took as many as I'd thought I would for some reason?

Also reading your reports on the Billabong help me make my mind up about the place so thanks for that :) ...and have a good one in October

I think I know who you're talking about, did she look like a rock chick lesbo with bad skin? If so then aye. Everyday without fail when started her shift, soon as she saw me the bill was handed to me lol

Shit one about your mem card, mind I had to delete a lot of pics till I got a new card as I ran out of memory during a show at the big massive garden place. Thankfully I got to delete a lot of random pics a lady (who was prob my lowest point in my bf history) took of herself while I slept on Jontiem beach lol

Link me to these vids, I've never saw them and I'd be able to say if in C2 or not as thats where I stayed one time lol

I only filmed 3 at Billabong and you only see the bathroom in the room video but here is the link anyway.

My video "series" called Pattaya101 was taylored for Pattaya Newbies so some may be very very boring for people who have been before.

Especially the toilet and shower ones.

Here are the links anyway.

Check Bin

Toilet

Shower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5T8yZ2a

Yeah they were really useful cause sometimes the simplest things can stump you! ...or me anyway

Was the check bin one at the Billabong as well? I also wasnt sure how to stop the bahtbus (I guess its kinda obvious it'll have a bell but not to me haha) -I'd be banging on the window which might not be well received by the driver!

thanks again :)

Yeah they were really useful cause sometimes the simplest things can stump you! ...or me anyway

Was the check bin one at the Billabong as well? I also wasnt sure how to stop the bahtbus (I guess its kinda obvious it'll have a bell but not to me haha) -I'd be banging on the window which might not be well received by the driver!

thanks again :)

Yep the Check Bin one was from here also.

I was given a hard time for leaving only a 10 baht tip in the video but really I left 20....I always keep the coins for my Baht bus.

Funny story about the banging on the window. haha

I only filmed 3 at Billabong and you only see the bathroom in the room video but here is the link anyway.

My video "series" called Pattaya101 was taylored for Pattaya Newbies so some may be very very boring for people who have been before.

Especially the toilet and shower ones.

Here are the links anyway.

Check Bin

Toilet

Shower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5T8yZ2a

lol prob best for newbies but I thought I'd check as always good to learn new things :)

Question, you record these in October by any chance?

Yep the Check Bin one was from here also.

I was given a hard time for leaving only a 10 baht tip in the video but really I left 20....I always keep the coins for my Baht bus.

Funny story about the banging on the window. haha

No you didn't you left 10 you tight git, and drinking brezzers in your room, aye of course it was a lady drinking them :P

I think I know who you're talking about, did she look like a rock chick lesbo with bad skin? If so then aye. Everyday without fail when started her shift, soon as she saw me the bill was handed to me lol

Shit one about your mem card, mind I had to delete a lot of pics till I got a new card as I ran out of memory during a show at the big massive garden place. Thankfully I got to delete a lot of random pics a lady (who was prob my lowest point in my bf history) took of herself while I slept on Jontiem beach lol

Haha yeah I guess you could decribe her as lesbo rock chick with a few blotches on her skin. She was definately a behind the bar rather than front of bar girl -the first night there she asked me 'where you gonna take me for dinner' (probably joking) -she was ok not too bad looking in tight jeans! but then a bar girl latched onto me and that was that :)

Yeah gutted about the camera thing. I planned to take loada pics but never did anyway -also maybe a stupid question but is it ok to send the camera and mem card though the airport x-ray machine?

lol prob best for newbies but I thought I'd check as always good to learn new things :)

Question, you record these in October by any chance?

No you didn't you left 10 you tight git, and drinking brezzers in your room, aye of course it was a lady drinking them :P

First of all yes it was recorded on 17th October.

I know this as the receipt said it.

2nd in the video I recorded myself taking change for the purposes of describing for the video.

The bar lady thought is was very amusing when I had my camera out filming the entire thing.

I quickly hit the stop button once she took the folder and called her back.

I then got out a 20 Baht note and Kept both of the two 10 baht coins. (I have a little obsession of making sure I always have 10 Baht coins for the bus)

Now the breezer was from the mini Bar. I bought a whole heap of bottles for my room and she thought they were all up for grabs.

I actually only noticed it was on my tab when I pulled it out of the bin when I was filming. :)

Haha yeah I guess you could decribe her as lesbo rock chick with a few blotches on her skin. She was definately a behind the bar rather than front of bar girl -the first night there she asked me 'where you gonna take me for dinner' (probably joking) -she was ok not too bad looking in tight jeans! but then a bar girl latched onto me and that was that :)

Yeah gutted about the camera thing. I planned to take loada pics but never did anyway -also maybe a stupid question but is it ok to send the camera and mem card though the airport x-ray machine?

Haha on the night of the Orphans party she was well wasted, was collapsed on one of the sofas and kept biting my neck lol

she scared me at first but when you get to know her she can be a laugh.

First of all yes it was recorded on 17th October.

I know this as the receipt said it.

2nd in the video I recorded myself taking change for the purposes of describing for the video.

The bar lady thought is was very amusing when I had my camera out filming the entire thing.

I quickly hit the stop button once she took the folder and called her back.

I then got out a 20 Baht note and Kept both of the two 10 baht coins. (I have a little obsession of making sure I always have 10 Baht coins for the bus)

Now the breezer was from the mini Bar. I bought a whole heap of bottles for my room and she thought they were all up for grabs.

I actually only noticed it was on my tab when I pulled it out of the bin when I was filming. :)

And I'm caught on camera again for the second time without knowing it, 58th minute is me and a girl from the Billabong as I recognise the purple spiderman tshirt she stole on me lol

Haha on the night of the Orphans party she was well wasted, was collapsed on one of the sofas and kept biting my neck lol

she scared me at first but when you get to know her she can be a laugh.

Yeah Ning is a laugh -she scared me too at first cause it was my first trip and I'd just come down to the bar 8:30-9pm -didnt know which way to to look, where to go, or what to do and fumbling with the money, but she talked to me and I seemed to relax abit. Think I got in the way cause I sat at the bar in the place they bring table check bins to -also quickly learnt to sit under a fan ...hot weather + hot girl = a melting me

On my first night some girl bit my neck in the bar (which was kinda nice) -dunno if she was trying to mark her territory or what?! but the bruise didt go away for a few days! The other girls were like 'whats that ...who do that to you' -I just said it was a big mosquito haha

Heard about the party -I missed it by about 3 days or so but was told it was a good do and made a decent amount of money. Saw that Perthie bloke with his lady but didnt talk to him cause I didnt want to interupt -wish I had said hello now!

Its a shame we never had a beer neighbour.i didnt party much in the hotel( so i was hardly around)was kind of wary of fooling around with girls where i stay in case of problems. Looking back bit of a shame seemed like a cool place to hang out

Its a shame we never had a beer neighbour.i didnt party much in the hotel( so i was hardly around)was kind of wary of fooling around with girls where i stay in case of problems. Looking back bit of a shame seemed like a cool place to hang out

Yeah it was a shame didnt meet for a beer -I saw a few guys going straight out -just nodded hello to some -I guess you were probably one of them. I hung out with a German guy for a couple of days who was also staying there until he went to see friends in Bangkok

Generally I'd plan to have one beer there before heading out but then next thing I know one of them has latch onto me (in a nice way) and that was it!

I got told it would be no problem if I told them up front I was a butterfly but I still felt a bit guilty and did end up BF one of them for 3 days then a break then again for the last 3 days

They probably compared notes on me and had a good laugh about me haha :)

And I'm caught on camera again for the second time without knowing it, 58th minute is me and a girl from the billabong as I recognise the purple spiderman tshirt she stole on me lol

Sorry about that....should I put your name in the credits or give you a cut of the profit from the video.

BTW I am not getting a profit from the video so your cut would be a zero like mine. :)