IGNORED

Baboona Beachfront Living

Woofiee

Normally I do the chain hotels - Holiday Inn or Ibis, but as a last-minute choice I grabbed a room at the Baboona Beach Living hotel, on Beach Road between Soi 3 and 4. (I play in the fray but I prefer to sleep in the quiet..)

It was considerably cheaper than either...nearly half the price of the Holiday Inn (around 1600B/night). The best part though is that the room was large—much larger than either chains— very comfortable, new and well-outfitted.

There's no pool - but there is the sea right across the street...

Here're some room photos:

A very spacious room

n11cu.jpg

Modern and nicely outfitted

C4n0t.jpg

Nice robes (2) and slippers for your use, and of course an in-room safe

bb0oT.jpg

A good-sized bath room with a separate shower area -- none of that wet-floor/toilet crap. Great water pressure.

pWrpN.jpg

And a large rain head in a huge shower area - plenty of room for 3 or 4...

7zBkY.jpg

I neglected to get shots of the library and lounge downstairs, or the included breakfast area out front.

Also, wifi is strong, plentiful and also included in the price. The Baboona is a really good deal and highly recommended.

Website here:

http://www.baboonabeach.com/

Thanks for the report ! I have already booked the Baboona for 3 nights next Sept...I will take pics of the library and breakfast area and will post the pics here...

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I stayed at Baboona during "n0wl8tr's Virgin Voyage to Heaven" TR and I agree on everything you said. Also, I think it's probably one of the best places to stay for a newbie - mostly because it's easy to find. (everyone in Patts (and probably the world) knows where Soi 6 and beach road intersect)). I also noticed all the girls (and me) really enjoyed the view of the ocean. Yeah, a pool would have been cool but I didn't fly half way around the planet to go swimming......

Room View 3.JPG

Thanks for info and photos. Room look very well but for my longer stay in Patts is too expensive for me.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thanks guys,

I'm not sure but do I recall someone writing about some noise problems in another thread many months ago?

I'm a light sleeper and do not well at LK Metro/Lengkee etc. How was it at Baboona? Good windows/doors that keep the noise away? Ambient street/bar noise late at night?

Thhanks for your thoughts.

Thanks guys,

I'm not sure but do I recall someone writing about some noise problems in another thread many months ago?

I'm a light sleeper and do not well at LK Metro/Lengkee etc. How was it at Baboona? Good windows/doors that keep the noise away? Ambient street/bar noise late at night?

Thhanks for your thoughts.

I was on the fourth floor and it was extremely quiet. I heard a guy next door fucking (while I was standing in the hallway) the night I arrived but that was about it. The doors are solid and the sliding balcony door shuts air tight. There is one small bar a couple doors down but I think they turn the music down pretty early. In short, noise is definitely NOT a problem at Baboona.

good to know, I am staying there my first 4 nights in Sept before moving to LK Metropole.

Did the girls leave their ID at the desk or was there any check?

How did you get price around 1600 Bht? On there site there is something like 2500 for low season. Thanks.

How did you get price around 1600 Bht? On there site there is something like 2500 for low season. Thanks.

www.wotif.com has 1440B per night for september. rates on Agoda are good too but watch to see if they include the 17.5% taxes

I stayed there in July, 4th floor ocean view room. The view and the balcony was nice. Convenient location on Beach rd. Had a library of DVDs available for guests.

Here is a picture from balcony:

IMG_0929 small.jpg

Here is a picture looking at Baboona hotel from ocean side from a boat :):

IMG_1004 small.jpg

yes really nice place, stayed there last year,

there was only one minus for me: The breakfast ended at 10 am and it was a bit too loud from the streetnoise in the breakfastarea.

good to know, I am staying there my first 4 nights in Sept before moving to LK Metropole.

Did the girls leave their ID at the desk or was there any check?

Yes - IDs are left at the desk. I think this is the standard at most guest-friendly hotels in LOS. The management does a good job running the place. It's not a hole in the wall dive. I felt I was in good hands during my stay and I would definitely stay there again. If I didn't feel strongly about this I wouldn't recommend it ...especially to a fellow BM.

I'm also here in September, do all rooms face the front?

no, they have rooms at front and backside. Seaview is 200 or 300 baht more.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree Ive stayed there over 5 times now and the staff are great and just the fact that they have retained mostly the same staff since my 1st stay tells you something, its very girl friendly and I too am an extremely lite sleeper and apart from the Thailand Music Festival week in late Feb which is bloody chaios you wont have any problems with noise etc just enjoy.

Baboona is around the 2000baht for seaview at the moment on wotif.

The secret deal at the moment is amari orchid at 1700baht which IMO is one of the nicest places to stay in Pattaya and a bargain at 1700baht.

http://www.wotif.com/

Just got to thailand>pattaya

• 1 month later...

as promised, i'm putting online some pics of my stay in Baboona from sept 4 to sept 7...A ,nice hotel but quite noisy during the day and the wifi did not work at all in my room !! had to go downstairs in the library to be able to check emails and facebook...Breakfast is so so but lunch there is ok...

IMG_1516 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1517 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1518 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1524 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1526 (Copier).JPG

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 3 months later...

Hi. Have anybody stayed at this hotel and tried to have more than one girl with him? Is it ok to take two girls with you to your room or will they make problems?

Yep you can take more than one as its never been a problem in the past but,if they are loud and drunk you may strike trouble.

I also stayed at the Baboona Beach. There is a nice security guy in front of the hotel at night. Always smiling and greeting when you come back with your lady of the night. Taking back more than one is no problem. When you bring them back during restaurant working hours its a little walk of shame as you must walk trough the restaurant in front and pass by the lobby where 3 girl are working and your girl gives away her ID. So for the shy guys i would recommend another hotel. Ask for seaview room on 5th or 6th floor as the below floor will have sea view but the sea hides behind the trees you are watching. No noise trouble either. The bar some door down closes the music at about 2am. Windows shut down very good so no street noise-and AC is quiet. Shower is big enough for 2 and some games can be played. Keep in mind it´s soi 2 or so, so there is some distance to Walking Street. Soi 6 can be reached by a short walk of 5 mins.

One negative is that on my last day i forgot my Blackberry on the chair. After i left i realized it and called 2 hrs later and they say no Blackberry in the room. I told them it is and the manager promised me to check video cameras but it never showed up again. But this is of course not a particular problem of the Baboona. Simply the room maid made some extra cash out of my stupid mistake. Hope she bought something nice for her kids from the money :-)

Enjoy Baboona

Cheers

I also stayed at the Baboona Beach. There is a nice security guy in front of the hotel at night. Always smiling and greeting when you come back with your lady of the night. Taking back more than one is no problem. When you bring them back during restaurant working hours its a little walk of shame as you must walk trough the restaurant in front and pass by the lobby where 3 girl are working and your girl gives away her ID. So for the shy guys i would recommend another hotel. Ask for seaview room on 5th or 6th floor as the below floor will have sea view but the sea hides behind the trees you are watching. No noise trouble either. The bar some door down closes the music at about 2am. Findows shut down very good so no street noise-and AC is quiet. Shower is big enough for 2 and some games can be played. Keep in mind it´s soi 2 or so so there is some distance to walking street. Soi 6 can be reached by a short walk of 5 mins.

One negative is that on my last day i forgot my Blackberry on the chair. After i left i realized it and called 2 hrs later and they say no Blackberry in the room. I told them it is and the manager promised me to check video cameras but it never showed up again. But this is of course not a particular problem of the Baboona. Simply the room maid made some extra cash out of my stupid mistake. Hope she bought something nice for her kids from the money :-)

Enjoy Baboona

Cheers

Probably the same room-maid same time I was there - they 'mistakenly' thought my 500 baht (English note/foreign money) - was a tip.. and took it.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My Thai wife and I stayed 17-22 December in deluxe seaiew room on 5th floor. Arrived on Saturday night and the Pattaya International Fireworks Competition was on so the whole of beach road was closed off. An amazing night. Fireworks show from 730pm right through to 11pm.

Great rooms, great hotel. A bit far up beach road if you are a Walking Street regular fan, but it is a very short walk to Soi 6!

i stayed there in December for a few nights.

Liked it over all, but just a few things.

1 - No bum gun (which is rather unusual for thai hotel)

2 - The balcony railing was up to my thigh (which is some what dangerous, particularly if you have a night on piss and go out on balcony when you come back)

Archived