IGNORED

Jet Airways

searcher

I am looking to fly to thailand next Febuary and Jet Airways are coming up cheapest for me and their flight times suit me however i have seen a few bad reviews of them online and wondered if anyone has flown Heathrow-Bangkok with them and how was the experience.

Have done the Bangkok-Delhi run on Jet a few times. Reasonably good experience... not outstanding... but just fine for a budget airline. Got diverted one night as Delhi was fogged in and totally closed. Jet put everyone in a first class hotel at the airline's expense including a full buffet dinner at 2 am. US airlines would never ever put you up for a weather related delay.

would love to know who gave them bad reviews. have flown with them 5 times in the last 2 years, i swear by them. best airline in the sky for me. never flown late with them, in flight entertainment is second to none and they are not stingy with the drinks. always wondered why they always seem to come up with the cheapest flights cos in my opinion they are absolutely brilliant.dont confuse with air india, another indian airline but they are poles apart. air india is awful, jet airways is brilliant.

Is the transfer in DEL a pain?

Is the transfer in DEL a pain?

not at all. its only a couple of hours and your out of there. never been delayed there either. somebody from jet will meet you off the plane and take you to where you need to be. yes you need to be searched and all that bollocks again but like i said, only a few hours and your away.

I have flown with Jet from Bangkok to London with a change in Mumbai. On the plane everything is fine, but the airport in Mumbai is awful.....

would love to know who gave them bad reviews. ..........

Well, all experience are subjective, but a drunk pilot is for real. Personally I would avoid all airplane flown by drunk Indians.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-03-11/india/28679400_1_drunk-pilots-alliance-air-market-leader-jet

Their food is good, stewardesses attractive, but if stopping over in India, their airports are shitholes. Men with guns who don't look competent, lines and queues to get from one part of the airport to the other, a general "herd the cattle" mentality.

i'd do it if it was sufficiently cheap, but the stop-over in India is a pain.

"I'm on the side that's always lost

against the side of heaven.

I'm on the side of snake eyes tossed

against the side of seven."

I flew with them on my last trip, stoped off in Delhi and Mumbai on both journeys. the airline itself is fantastic, good inflight entertainment, smooth journey, hot stewardess, foods ok I guess, the only grip I had was at the airports. I sear if you didn't hate indians you would after being at the airport. Most seem to be ignorant and unhelpful but only saving grace is you're only there for a few hours so keep your cool and be fine.

Well, all experience are subjective, but a drunk pilot is for real. Personally I would avoid all airplane flown by drunk Indians.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-03-11/india/28679400_1_drunk-pilots-alliance-air-market-leader-jet

agree this isolated incident isnt good but there are isolated incidents in all walks of life, am sure this has happened on every airline at some point in time.

Thanks for the replys, i think i will give them a go and hope the stopover which is only an hour or so goes ok.

Thanks

would love to know who gave them bad reviews..........................

Edge to Reg

If you remember my Jet Airways thread, those bad reviews were what I came across on tintanet and hence my concern

However, due to your personal reassurance and guarantee to re-imburse me for the fare if I'm not 110% satisfied - OK, because they came out 300 quid cheaper than EVA, it's wheels up in 11 days - only I'm going the other way, BKK-LHR - well someone has to.

Edge out....................of Thailand shortly, but only for liken bit.

I flew with jet once and i agree the mumbai stopover is not good but it was only 2 hours. The baggage allowance was 30 kg and i believe it is now 35 kg so thats pretty good.

I flew with jet once and i agree the mumbai stopover is not good but it was only 2 hours. The baggage allowance was 30 kg and i believe it is now 35 kg so thats pretty good.

My Economy ticket says 28 kg.

• 4 months later...

Flew with Jet Airways BKK-BOM-LHR-BOM-BKK recently and, while the food was scrappy & security at BOM a bit more hassle than most places, I'd still fly with them again.

The plane between BKK-BOM was a 737-800, but had seat-back screens, not too cramped for a 4-hour flight. And the 777-300ER from BOM to LHR was fine. They didn't weigh my luggage too-closely at LHR, putting 32 kgs down as 28 kgs, on the system ... that always helps !

One other thing which impressed me, on 3 (out of 4) flights, the cabin-crew did some small thing to help, where the more 'professional' types at Qatar or Etihad wouldn't have bothered IME.

Edited by semi-retired member

I pay a little extra and stick to Emirates. The best airline by far!

• 2 weeks later...

Their web-site says 32 kgs, if you fly LHR-BKK-LHR, but only 28 kgs for BKK-LHR-BKK, go figure !

I believe that Kingfisher are currently 35 kgs ?

I believe that Kingfisher are currently 35 kgs ?

They had a 32kg allowance when I flew with them in March but only 1 carry on (no extra laptop bag allowed). They are a great airline & it's a shame they're going under. :Oops1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

• 8 months later...

My son just flew BKK-BOM-LHR-DEL-BKK on Jet Airways, they've now incresed the hold-luggage allowance from 28 kgs to 30 kgs, for tickets booked after 15th June 2012, but are having a real purge on Hand-Luggage at LHR-T4, were insisting on 1 bag only and weighing every one !

No such problem going over, 2 carry-ons was fine, as indeed it was for me both-ways in May.