Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"Frenchmen" Withdraw Millions Baht With Stolen ATM Cards

benny31

This subject may bore you stiff but I should imagine many real Frenchmen will be extremely annoyed at these villains being referred to as their fellow countrymen.

I don't know if I qualify as a 'real' Frenchman but I'm also annoyed at those low life c***ts and the thousand others like them who live in my country (because yes, France is my country). I'm just saying this board is not the perfect place to discuss who must be considered a 'genuine' Frenchman, Brit or American :)

I don't know if I qualify as a 'real' Frenchman but I'm also annoyed at those low life c***ts and the thousand others like them who live in my country (because yes, France is my country). I'm just saying this board is not the perfect place to discuss who must be considered a 'genuine' Frenchman, Brit or American :)

This is a forum about what happens in Pattaya and this crime was committed in Pattaya by what would appear to be, by their names and photos, North African immigrants to France. I would strongly object if the nation concerned was England and they were referred to as Englishmen had they brought shame to my country. It's bad enough when real Englishmen do so without having to put up with immigrants adding to the shame as well.

They may be civically considered Frenchmen but if any of your countrymen travel abroad they must realise that they are ambassadors for their country and behave accordingly whatever their ethnic origin. These thieves have not only brought shame upon France to a degree but also to their race and heritage.

This is not yet a politically correct, liberal, leftist controlled forum devoted to multiculturalism and within reason we can still discuss what we wish to.

This subject may bore you stiff but I should imagine many real Frenchmen will be extremely annoyed at these villains being referred to as their fellow countrymen.

I feel safer in Thailand than in France, and this gang of asshole disembark in this little paradise that is Pattaya. So yes I'm embarrassed that this picture of France is exported. There is crime all over the world, but I feel that the French are specialized to go commit their theft abroad. The Dutch, especially in Amsterdam, can attest. The problem is that it is fashionable for small drug dealers in suburbs of Paris to go to Pattaya, Amsterdam, and in the Spanish clubs in particular the "Lady's Dallas". Currently in France, a suburb of Paris (Sevran), the mayor of this city requires a military presence 24/24 .... but France is great and fortunately has many faces

This is a forum about what happens in Pattaya and this crime was committed in Pattaya by what would appear to be, by their names and photos, North African immigrants to France. I would strongly object if the nation concerned was England and they were referred to as Englishmen had they brought shame to my country. It's bad enough when real Englishmen do so without having to put up with immigrants adding to the shame as well.

They may be civically considered Frenchmen but if any of your countrymen travel abroad they must realise that they are ambassadors for their country and behave accordingly whatever their ethnic origin. These thieves have not only brought shame upon France to a degree but also to their race and heritage.

This is not yet a politically correct, liberal, leftist controlled forum devoted to multiculturalism and within reason we can still discuss what we wish to.

I totally agree with you mate.

What a great picture of france!! Those people don't deserve to stay anymore in this beautifull country. Hope they'll stay in monkey house for a while.

So many people think they can do whatever they want when they stay outside their country.

It is a shame for us...

I don't consider those person "French" anyway.

Som na na you!

Thats really low. Screwin up some blokes heads while theyre on theit sacred

Holiday. I hope these human debri do some quality sex re-education time in

a lovely Thai stripey hole !

These three guys are really stupid to commit crimes like that in THAILAND.

Thailand isn't known as a country with a liberal,social climate for criminals like in the North-West European countries.

The guy with the wide open mouth on the photo is probably practicing for the blowjobs he's going to have to perform in the Bangkok Hilton.

They were identified as Frenchmen because that is the country that issued their passports. It could have just as easily been England, Belgium, Canada or the US or any other country. Bottom line is that they defiled our paradise and for that crime alone they should be hung by their balls (if they had any) and then thrown in the dungeon and left there for eternity. Don't Fuck With My Playground

:NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3:

:Censored1:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

They look like “new” Frenchmen.

more crem da le crem immigrants... another argument for tighter borders:)

Why doesn't the bank that owns these ATM's check them more often for tampering like this? I will only use ATM's in banks and not on the street in the future. Sure hope the creeps don't get away with paying a huge bride and walk...

They were identified as Frenchmen because that is the country that issued their passports. It could have just as easily been England, Belgium, Canada or the US or any other country. Bottom line is that they defiled our paradise and for that crime alone they should be hung by their balls (if they had any) and then thrown in the dungeon and left their for eternity. Don't Fuck With My Playground

I agree with you, mate, they could have come from any country.

Reading the title, the first comment that comes in mind is "oh ! French guys..."

I feel the same when they catch a pedo in Thailand, then all people say "man going to Thailand are all pedos"

These two cunts are 3 frenchmen out of 70 millions french people... That's all...

And they represent 0.0006546% of french people that visited Thailand.

shoot the fuckers

These guys don't look to concerned in the photos.

They just don't realise that their lives have changed forever as of now.

I think that this is a pretty serious crime in LOS.

I heard of a guy passing fake travellers cheques years ago who got 10 years

Oh and you do 10 years if that is your sentance.

I hope we all are capable of learning from other peoples mistakes.

Be safe and enjoy the girls I say..... Beer also

Guys forget the nationality of these scammers, on this forum i consider it to be our own little club and we should not hanker on about where they are from but be united that they are cought and will get there just deserts

I was nearly scammed by these guys, or ones who look remarkably like them over 4 years ago at an ATM on 2nd Rd.

This is how they operated:

I had just withdrawn some money as I was travelling to England the next day to attend my late mum's funeral.

I was walking away from the machine when a guy ran up to me speaking perfect English with a French accent.

He said that I needed to return to the machine as it was still paying out money and I needed to re enter my card to cancel the transaction.

He proceeded to hand me a 1,000 baht note which he said was mine as it had just come out of the machine.

This ploy obviously is designed to put you off guard and win your confidence as my initial reaction was one of gratitude that this guy hadnt pocketed my money and I went back to the machine and without thinking further I put my card in the machine and punched in my PIN number without checking over my shoulder.

The machine did nothing but when I pressed the cancel button the card didn't reappear.

I was then seriously pissed off as I was leaving for the airport at 11.00 the next morning and I thought that I was going to have to go to the bank early on to sort out a missing card.

At that stage I still wasn't thinking that I was being scammed, however I then noticed another guy standing to my left who had a small pocket notebook and pencil in his hand, Obviously he was an accomplice and the original guy was looking over my shoulder and giving him my PIN by way of sign language.

Again that didn't occur to me as I was so annoyed about the apparent lost card.

The French guy just kept shrugging and said to me that I would have to abandon the card and sort it with the bank next day.

Fortunately for me I was just about to walk away and my card popped out of the machine to my immense relief.

It was only about 5 mins later when I was walking to meet my friends for a drink that I start thinking clearly and realised that the whole thing was a setup and these guys has probably put some clear tape or something in the slot of the ATM to capture my card, either that or they had some dummy cards and something to read the magnetic band on my card.

I sprinted to the nearest ATM praying that these guys hadn't already used a cloned card to change my PIN number but fortunately they hadn't and I was able to change my PIN so that they couldn't withdraw anything.

I emailed a letter to the Pattaya Mail the following week warning people of these guys which was published the following week.

A week or 2 later a guy replied saying that his Dutch friend had been well and truly scammed by the same guys who not only emptied the 300,000 baht that he had in his account, but they managed to persuade him to put his card from his Dutch bank in the machine and they withdrew over 5,000 Euro.

About 18 months after the above incident there was a report in Pattaya Mail about 2 Frenchmen who had been arrested at an ATM in Naklua and they had numerous cloned cards on them and upon searching their apartment the police found all kinds of computerised items to assist them in cloning ATM cards.

There was a picture of the 2 guys and it was indeed the 2 that almost caught me.

I assumed that they would be tried and banned from Thailand but if these are the same guys, and they look remarkably the same,I wonder how they have been allowed to carry on their trade.

The words "more tea (money) officer" spring to mind!

without thinking further I put my card in the machine and punched in my PIN number without checking over my shoulder.

The way they usually make sure the card isn't returned is dead simple, they insert a long thin loop of plastic into the machine. The plastic strip catches the card part of the way into the machine, far enough to not automatically return, but not far enough to be returned when you hit cancel. The thieves then wait until you go away and put a paperclip in and pull the plastic back to retrieve the card. Naturally the easiest way to stop this is to make sure you don't walk away. Also be wary about any "repair man" coming to "fix" the machine, and ask to see some sort of ID. Honestly the days of cards jamming in ATMS regularly are way past, 20 years ago, yes it did happen, but these days... no. So you know it's a scam the moment it happens.

Also, checking over your shoulder just doesn't cut it. An earlier poster recommended covering your hand with your hand or something is the best move. Look around, many banks these days have installed mirrors for "security", but actually these are a major liability and with a little adjustment they can let the thieves' friend across the road see you type in your access number. Cover your hand.

About 18 months after the above incident there was a report in Pattaya Mail about 2 Frenchmen who had been arrested at an ATM in Naklua and they had numerous cloned cards on them and upon searching their apartment the police found all kinds of computerised items to assist them in cloning ATM cards.

Skimming and cloning are normally not done at ATMs. There are devices that can be overlaid on an ATM to clone cards, but they're expensive for the criminals and they can be spotted if people are alert, so they stand to lose some very expensive equipment for no gain. Normally this happens in restaurants and other places you use your credit card. The rule here is that no-one handles your card but you, ever. There's simply no need for it. If they can't bring the machine to you, then you go to the machine.

At the end of the day though a little sensible money management will prevent these problems. Draw cash during the day inside the banks where there's assistance immediately and where there are plenty of witnesses and a papertrail if there are any problems. Don't draw at night from ATMs in dark alleys when you're drunk and tired.

Personally I just carry cash and follow the rule that I carry no more than I can afford to lose. The "no more than you can afford to lose" rule is important to remember when using "plastic money" (credit cards, ATM cards, etc). Before using them think carefully about whether you can afford to lose one.

Hello,

I do agree with you on most of the things you wrote, these three men just made the biggest mistake of their life : considering thai police and justice as the same as french police and justice.

For that in France they would get maybe a two years jail penalty, with Tv in rooms...in think they maybe will have the occasion to learn thai language for free..

I travel in Thailand now for years, and i try to do my best to respect thai people and the way they live : religion, politics, the King... and many other important things. i don't forget that i am only a foreigner there.

Cheers.

I do find it sad that another thread about crime has devolved into a discussion of what contributes a 'real' XXX-man and suggestions that the criminal's ethnic background is the cause of their criminal behaviour. For the sake of all non-criminal Frenchmen, of whatever ethnicity, I am closing the thread.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Archived