IGNORED

"Frenchmen" Withdraw Millions Baht With Stolen ATM Cards

benny31

F1.jpg

Three Frenchmen were arrested for stealing ATM cards and withdrew millions of Baht at many ATM machines around Pattaya.

Pattaya, 10 June 2011 [PDN]: Pol. Lt. Col. Suktad Pumpangmuan (Foreign Criminal Suppression of Pattaya) was informed that three Frenchmen had stolen several ATM cards and withdrew more than five millions Baht from many ATM machines around Pattaya, placing many people in distress over the loss of their money.

F2.jpgF3.jpg

The police identified the three suspects through the surveillance camera at relevant ATM locations.

After the police tracked them down and arrested Kasmi Ali Faycal, 33, Beldilala Nabil 21 and Khayyou Fares 22 at Sheraton Pattaya resort in Nongprue.

Police also found several items at the resort including electronic ATM cards, French Bienvenue fuel cards and T-shirts as recognised on surveillance camera.

Three suspects were charged for stealing and using stolen ATM cards, although they denied all accusations.

F4.jpgF5.jpg

My mate gone done by these thieving wankers.

They got him for just over 4k Oz.

He got it back of the bank when he got home.

But it put him under a lot of stress I tell you as I had to listen to him carrying on about it.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

My mate gone done by these thieving wankers.

They got him for just over 4k Oz.

He got it back of the bank when he got home.

But it put him under a lot of stress I tell you as I had to listen to him carrying on about it.

How did they get his card and pin number?

I hope they bang them up for a few months in the BKK Hilton, that should teach them a lesson.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

jezus these guys look ugly

always cover using your hand, while entering a pin-number

Great to know that they caught these guys.

As someone else mentioned I really hope they end up in the monkey house for a while.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

F1.jpg

Three Frenchmen were arrested for stealing ATM cards and withdrew millions of Baht at many ATM machines around Pattaya.

Pattaya, 10 June 2011 [PDN]: Pol. Lt. Col. Suktad Pumpangmuan (Foreign Criminal Suppression of Pattaya) was informed that three Frenchmen had stolen several ATM cards and withdrew more than five millions Baht from many ATM machines around Pattaya, placing many people in distress over the loss of their money.

F2.jpgF3.jpg

The police identified the three suspects through the surveillance camera at relevant ATM locations.

After the police tracked them down and arrested Kasmi Ali Faycal, 33, Beldilala Nabil 21 and Khayyou Fares 22 at Sheraton Pattaya resort in Nongprue.

Police also found several items at the resort including electronic ATM cards, French Bienvenue fuel cards and T-shirts as recognised on surveillance camera.

Three suspects were charged for stealing and using stolen ATM cards, although they denied all accusations.

F4.jpgF5.jpg

They look like “new” Frenchmen.

How did they get his card and pin number?

They had some gadget in the ATM's that scanned the card and they were looking over shoulders to get the pin I believe or has some camera.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

The one in the middle looks pretty funny with his pink-gay shirt.

I'm sure he will discover new sex pleasure soon :-)))

post-6000-0-72806500-1308150228.jpg

Yes, not like Eastern Europe being part of the "new" Germany seventy years ago eh?

Of course "traditional" French or Germans for the matter never commit any crimes do they?

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

You mean like Poles being the "new" Germans seventy years ago?

Thread slowly slipping down as a previous one about a "french man" :GoldenSmile1:

BTW, it's the second time some french guys are caught for this : http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/71755-multi-million-atm-fraud-2-frenchmen-arrested

The one on the right with long hair is funny too with his mouth wide open. I guess he will have many other opportunities to open his mouth for horny Thai prisoners. Som nam na. :GoldenSmile1:

post-6000-0-98022800-1308150253.jpg

always cover using your hand, while entering a pin-number

Good advice, though not always foolproof (fake keypads are not unheard of). I've always been suspicious of some of the ATMs especially in Walking Street, so usually use those within bank branches as they're less likely to be tampered with. (Also very handy if the machine swallows your card).

usually use those within bank branches (Also very handy if the machine swallows your card).

This has always been my nightmare in travel ! I will sure remember this tip...

This has always been my nightmare in travel ! I will sure remember this tip...

Happened on my first trip, but in a bank branch so no problems. I would have definitely panicked if it had been late at night on Walking Street. What with the fees being charged, I'm back to using good ol' T/Cs with the card as a backup.

I recall reading similar cases, where they put a device in the card slot to make it look like the card got "eaten" by the machine. The machine actually return/eject the card but are caught by the device. These cases normally happen to older machines where the cards slot have no addition protection. Those machines that eject the card really fast without any resistance normally are targets by these scams.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

Very touchy subject, my Flemish friend :) It's very hard to define what a "real Frenchman" is, our politicians have been talking about the subject for years now and have yet to come to a conclusion.

If you take my example, I'm not really a "new" Frenchman because my family have been French since about 1900 in Indochina. But I look even less "old" French than the 3 low life scum who made the news. I actually look Vietnamese :GoldenSmile1: , but I feel French because it's where I was born and studied and where I now work.

Does this make a me "lesser" Frenchman than let's say a white guy from Kosovar recently arrived, who doesn't speak French nor cares at all about the country? All he wants is French papers for the benefits associated to being a French national. On the other hand, I was born and brought up in this country, not him :)

This is a very touchy subject and I suggest we avoid talking about such controversial issues here. PA is first and foremost a "nice to be nice" place. If you want to discuss politics, I'd gladly do so (but not for too long, that sort of subject bores me stiff) in front of a beer or two in Pattaya but this board is surely not the best place.

Peace, and I hope those 3 fucks get a sentence they deserve. :Bravo1:

I'm extremely happy that they caught these thieves. It makes me sick thinking about all the vacations that these assholes ruined, ripping people off of their hard earned money for their own personal gain. I hope these thieves get harsh sentences. Below is a link to an excellent article from the Wall Street Journal on how to spot and avoid ATM skimming.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704442404575542652417958106.html

Yes, not like Eastern Europe being part of the "new" Germany seventy years ago eh?

Of course "traditional" French or Germans for the matter never commit any crimes do they?

I wrote ““new” Frenchmen” (could be any European nationality) to avoid non-politically-correct terminology.

Happened on my first trip, but in a bank branch so no problems. I would have definitely panicked if it had been late at night on Walking Street. What with the fees being charged, I'm back to using good ol' T/Cs with the card as a backup.

It happened to me in Peru; I had to go back the next day when the bank opened.

Very touchy subject, my Flemish friend :) It's very hard to define what a "real Frenchman" is, our politicians have been talking about the subject for years now and have yet to come to a conclusion.

If you take my example, I'm not really a "new" Frenchman because my family have been French since about 1900 in Indochina. But I look even less "old" French than the 3 low life scum who made the news. I actually look Vietnamese :GoldenSmile1: , but I feel French because it's where I was born and studied and where I now work.

Does this make a me "lesser" Frenchman than let's say a white guy from Kosovar recently arrived, who doesn't speak French nor cares at all about the country? All he wants is French papers for the benefits associated to being a French national. On the other hand, I was born and brought up in this country, not him :)

This is a very touchy subject and I suggest we avoid talking about such controversial issues here. PA is first and foremost a "nice to be nice" place. If you want to discuss politics, I'd gladly do so (but not for too long, that sort of subject bores me stiff) in front of a beer or two in Pattaya but this board is surely not the best place.

Peace, and I hope those 3 fucks get a sentence they deserve. :Bravo1:

It is indeed a very touchy subject, but everybody understands what is really meant.

In my home country we have Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and other people who are not seen as foreigners.

We also have lots of Indonesians of Chinese descent, who fled their country during Soekarno’s dictatorship and who are industrious and do not cause any harm.

In general Europeans have a positive opinion on Asians.

Everybody knows what the problem is, but nobody can say it loudly, at least not in Europe.

When my Thai wife stayed in Belgium, I often had to remind her what not to say in public.

It happened to me in Peru; I had to go back the next day when the bank opened.

Did you noticed that kind of things always happen on sunday ?...

Well put :)

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

This subject may bore you stiff but I should imagine many real Frenchmen will be extremely annoyed at these villains being referred to as their fellow countrymen.

Archived