IGNORED

Whats Happening re "O" Visas

mike the rat

I was under the impression that a 30 day extension from immigration was the norm rather than 15 days. Just make sure you use up your last entry before the visa expires - it's normally 6 months on a 3x entry.

I always thought it was 30 day extension but I had a quick look before posting and it seems that may or may not currently be the case (TiT) so I posted the lower figure for safety.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

My friend got the 1 year O visa from Hull this week. He is over 50 and just showed a bank statement with over 10,000 pounds in the account. No probs at all.

Thats because he is over 50....

If he was under 50 with 10 million in the bank he would not have got one..

It's only a real problem for people under 50 like me..

Edited by riki

My friend got the 1 year O visa from Hull this week. He is over 50 and just showed a bank statement with over 10,000 pounds in the account. No probs at all.

As pointed out by riki he got a non-immigrant type O-A visa. The requirements are different from the non-immigrant type O visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just been in touch with Thai Embassy in Hull. Been told that the rules have now changed and it looks like it will have serious consequences for people who are living in Thailand on "O" Visas...Before you could get a 1yr "o" Visa to visit "Friends & family" in Thailand. This has now changed to "Family living in Thailand proof must be provided by a photocopy of their visa for thailand" IN OTHER WORDS THE "FRIENDS" eg girlfriend NO LONGER COUNT TO QUALIFY!! So if you think your'e going to get a years O visa to live with the girlfriend for a few months in Thailand forget it! I know this will cause me problems in the future and I'm quite sure a lot of people are going to get stopped by this change in the rules. Looks like its getting even harder for farangs to stay in the land of smiles for any length of time.....

I know the topic is about NON O Visas, and living in Thailand.

Non O visa from Hull is harder to get but

Long stay / live in Thailand is not difficult if you accept

Option B: staying on Tourist visa, and do visa runs every 6 months.

In general:

* Most nationalities get a 30 days Visa On Arrival,

* Then use a visa agent and go to Laos/Cambodia every 6 months,

* Get a double entry Tourist visa (good for 6 months),

* After 6 months repeat.

I've been doing this since I moved to Thailand in 2000, so I don't see a problem.

If/when get a red stamp in Laos with "don't apply again, visa application might be denied",

just get a new Passport (I did that and got more visa from Laos).

In my signature below have links to good visa agents in Pattaya,

who always have got me the Visa that they said they would.

Edited by Expat46

If/when get a red stamp in Laos with "don't apply again, visa application might be denied",

just get a new Passport (I did that and got more visa from Laos).

I was wondering if this would be the case.

First time I went to Laos for a visa (back in '97) there can't have been more than 6 people ahead of me in the queue - look at it now! Can't say I blame them for restricting the amount of issues as so many have been ripping the piss over recent years.

Be scene and not herd.

• 2 weeks later...

Woe is me, I have a Thai company, house, car and motorbike, Thai bank account. Cannot sell anything on a tourist visa, I thought tourist visas where for tourists, well I am not a tourist and have not been for 6 years. I have invested millions of Baht in Thailand only to told thank you very much now bugger off. It is their country and they are entitled to do as they wish with it. In the UK we have the democratic right to protest and demonstrate. Placards outside the Thai embassy in London, now wouldn't that be a sight. It would have no effect at all, but it would be good to watch them squirm and answer to the free press as to why people are unhappy with the government from the land of smiles, soon be renamed the land of sorrow.