IGNORED

heartburn

tonyw

I suffer with heartburn really bad when i am in Thailand, due to all the beer i drink and the spicy food i eat. Are their any tablets i can buy from the chemists there that are stronger than Rennie's.

There are some tablets i have had in the UK called Lansoprazole but they are on prescription here, can you buy them over the counter in Thailand.

Thanks Lads

Sex is like Poker.

If you havnt got a good partner.

Then you better have a good Hand

Zantac work for me.They come in both 12 hour and 24 hour acting tablets.

Hope this helps, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Losec which is on prescription elsewhere is available for reflux. Works brilliantly. Also called Omeprazole. You can buy it at any pharmacy in Thailand.

Zantac is not as effective. I've had reflux now for 5 years or so - its due to excess acid production and/or leakage at the join with the stomach, not necessarily food related.

Losec which is on prescription elsewhere is available for reflux. Works brilliantly. Also called Omeprazole. You can buy it at any pharmacy in Thailand.

Zantac is not as effective. I've had reflux now for 5 years or so - its due to excess acid production and/or leakage at the join with the stomach, not necessarily food related.

Omeprazole, 1 a day keeps the heart burn away.

sure does, bloody annoying otherwise....

Edited by LRanger

I've had heartburn for years, mainly from booze & spice. I take a few packets of Zantac with me whenever I go to LOS but did try Omeprazole once and it was brilliant. It would be great if they sell this over the counter.

Does anyone know where?

Be very careful with omeprazole (losec )-it has a host of interactions with other drugs not least warfarin

Somac (pantoprazole) is equally effective and much less problematic in this regard

recurring heartburn could be related to the H pylori bacteria. I picked it up on a trip to LOS, it's usually caused by poor hygiene by people preparing food. Simple blood test at the quacks will diagnose it and short course of anti-biotics will clear it. Certainly worth checking.

I only got it once, real bad, in the Caribbean. I could eventually relate it to Gatorade powder. Made up about 4 litres of that stuff to get me through my working day for a while which my stomach apparently didnt like. Zantac cured it in a few days. Bloody annoying and the beers would taste shite.

any pharmacy in thailand you can buy over the counter

• 2 weeks later...

I suffer with heartburn really bad when i am in Thailand, due to all the beer i drink and the spicy food i eat. Are their any tablets i can buy from the chemists there that are stronger than Rennie's.

There are some tablets i have had in the UK called Lansoprazole but they are on prescription here, can you buy them over the counter in Thailand.

Thanks Lads

Go to any pharmacy buy a box of Ranitidine about 250 baht, fantastic ! make sure you swallow not chew.!

• 5 months later...

Zantac and ranitidine are one and the same. Lansoprazole is a more effective remedy prescrbed to patients who find Zantac (ranitidine) less then effective. I think Lansoprazole is still under license and therfore there is no generic alternative.