Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Airways

mterrierman

Hi all i am flying with thai air next sunday are they any good what is the in flight service like and so on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cheers

I've never had a problem with Thai but others have given some less than edifying reviews in the past couple years. I think it really depends on several things which are different with every flight. These include the aircraft, the staff attitudes and most of all your expectations. As with anything the lower your expectations the more pleased you are likely to be. :Censored1:

I flew them in October and I didnt have a problem. Plane was nice, free booze and OMG the flight attendants were AMAZING

Hi,

One thing never mentioned on these threads is the in cabin air quality. I am very sensitive to air quality and have found Thai to be good in that respect.

No man is a hero to his valet.

If you are flying from the UK it is shite - no other way to describe it. Years ago Thai was a "premier" carrier like Cathay.

All the other carriers (from the UK) have personal entertainment systems and some (EVA for one) even now have the interactive system where you can not only choose your movies but stop and start them when YOU want, even in economy. Thai still have the ONE big video screen and so no choice.

Also old 747s with crappy seats and no adjustable headrest.

The good news is it gets there just as fast so my advice is take a sleeping pill and just wake up in LOS.

Next time book EVA - its usually the same price or a little less.

BA is (probably) the best carrier from the UK, IMO, but is always more expensive so I rarely fly it..

FWIW Thai AND EVA are currently

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have flown around 40000mls a year with Thai for the last 4 years and alot before that. I have been amember of RO+ for about 7 years.

It used to be great but not now. I think they are losing money now and have made big cut backs. Last year many of their flights to the UK were no where near full. Its great I got 4 seat to myself on a number of occaisions but that cant go on.

The issues include:

1. Poor food it used to be great. Now its only average.

2. In flight service. This has reduced substantialy from what it was like. Now you get only if you ask on some flights. This also varies between cabin crews some are better than others.

3. Amenities. again only little things no aftershave or smellies in the toilet. It used to be well stocked. Lackof in flight entertainment. One flight in November had no inflight entertainment at all on the flight to BKK. Just a blank screen for 8 hours. Not even a map or flight information.

4. The planes are getting old (747-400s) and it shows. They have a good seat pitch but they are fitted with the standardseat and its poor now it gets loose some headsets dont work etc. Singapore Airlines is so much better their planes are better fitted out.

5. They have reduced the airmiles by 50% on various classes of ticket. This make s big difference if you fly lots. Other airlines tell you Thai dont bother sometimes even when you present your card you have to chase up the airmiles.

6. They fly from LHR terminal 3 this place is not an airport. Dont go there.

I have changed to Manchester via Singapore or with Etihad. The short trip to MAN more than makes up for an hour or so stop.

I have flown Thai my last two trips. I catch an early morning Jet Blue flight to JFK and then take the non-stop Thai flight into Bangkok.

The Airbus plane is one of their newest and even though it's a 17 hour flight, it is not that bad in economy. You have your own TV, many movies and music to choose from and the food is decent.

As far as the price goes, it is a little more expensive right now than going Delta/Korean but the advantages outweigh the price difference.

Compared to arriving in BKK at 2330 after flying for 27 hours, I now arrive at 1630 after only 20 hours in the air. Before I would just go to bed once I got to Pattaya, now it's shower and hit the streets.

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

Ive flown with Etihad twice, both times been very good, own screen chocie of meals, free drink comfy seats.

I agree with whitespiders coments although they are not the worst airline.

Top tip make sure you get your frequent flyer card now, you'll have a free trip eventually :D all the best

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

I flew them last year from Narita airport in Japan to Bkk. an airbus love the concept of my own monitor with movies and games of my choosing. I wish Boeing would get a clue. The service was outstanding, the attendents, like Don Dadda said are amazing!! This time around in May im just driving up to New York from My home In Maryland, about 3 hours, and catching a flight from Kennedy nonstop to Bkk. arriving at 430p local time. May is really far away... shit now Im depressed. *sigh* :Cry4:

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Seems a different story from other parts of the world but the OP is flying a Union Flag so I assume he is from the UK. all Thai flights from UK are old 747's with the one big crappy screen for everyone.

I would be interested to know if the personal screens on the other flghts, that some posters mention, are the NEW interactive ones (i.e. can stop and restart the movies at any time) or if they are the OLD type where the movies just go in cycles so if you fall asleep you have to wait until they choose to show that movie again.

EVA have the new interactive entertainment from the UK - i.e. you can pause the movie to eat etc then just restart it at the same place whenever you want to.

BEST thing about the little personal screen though is the map showing you getting closer and closer to heaven LOL - these are the same whether interactive or not :Cry4:

I would be interested to know if the personal screens on the other flghts, that some posters mention, are the NEW interactive ones (i.e. can stop and restart the movies at any time) or if they are the OLD type where the movies just go in cycles so if you fall asleep you have to wait until they choose to show that movie again.

Yes they are on the JFK-BKK flight. Can watch whatever they offer whenever you want. pause, stop, FF, rewind.

with the music you can also make a playlist of different songs so you can hear what you want.

and yes that map is great.

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

Yes they are on the JFK-BKK flight. Can watch whatever they offer whenever you want. pause, stop, FF, rewind.

with the music you can also make a playlist of different songs so you can hear what you want.

and yes that map is great.

Its odd isn't it that LHR is the busiest airport in the world and Thai STILL use the crappy old planes and big screens. They have two flights a day from LHR so it cant be for lack of passengers to make the investment.

• 5 weeks later...

Ive just returned to the UK using Thai Airways.

The main reason for using them was the flying time of 11 hrs outward ,and 12 hours returning to the UK.

I would try EVA but ....... as i live in the North of England, its impossible to get a train from London

to my city after 19.30.pm.

The aircraft was basic ,compared to Emirates - but who cares, if you leave Heathrow at 21.30, and wake up in Thailand 9am (UK time).

i personally dont like, been woken up halfway to thailand,and then change planes. :001_Relax:

I've flown Thai only once but never again. I was in business class and it wasn't worth a flip. The seats were to short for my long legged self. Never again.

LTC

Edited by Long Tall Cowboy

I hope i don't lose the ranch..........

Have read somewhere that Thai are the only direct flight from the UK NOT to have individual TV/on demand entertainment.

Flew with them years ago and they were great. Sorry to hear that from th UK they are now not so!

• 7 months later...

Flew with Thai on my first trip to Patts and although it was an old 747 the whole experience was a lot better than a subsequent flight with Eva. The stewardesses were fantastic, the meals were better and the alchohol flowed more freely.With Eva they seemed to be short staffed and always battling with time, but Eva do have the in seat tellys if thats important to you.

When I read about the perils of drinking I gave up reading.

I flew with EVA from Amsterdam Airport before in economic class and the evergreen deluxe class. Both where well, but for the extra €200,= you have a bigger seat as an own tvscreen in front of you. The service and food will do, though there seemed to be a little shortage of crew.

I flew an inland fly with Thai and I liked it a lot. Good food and very friendly and stunning girls aboard to help you .

This time I`ll try an international flight with Thai from Frankfurt, because I`ll first fly to Manila and after 2 weeks I`ll have a stopover in LOS for the same ticketfare. I tried to look at EVA, but then I had to wait in Taipei for almost a whole day for my connecting flight to MNL and the same for my stopover in BKK.

I`m looking forward to get a new experience with Thai Airways, smooth as silk. :D

One good thing about Thai is their frequent flyer scheme. Four round trips in economy class (depending on the ticket) and a few internal flights were enough to get me one of their Gold Cards (the highest that Thai do) .

I have really enjoyed the benefits of having this card like having special check-in desks (or using the business class check-ins), use of the lounges and 40kg luggage allowance flying economy.

To round it all off later this month I will be flying with them to Thailand and then The Philippines 1st class using my air-miles that I have accumulated with them. Because of a birthday award that they give to G.C. holders the whole round trip cost me hardly any more air-miles than an economy one would do without the birthday award (70000 air-miles.Economy is usually 65000). However from the 1st of this month the air-mile cost has increased slightly.

My first glass of Dom will be dedicated to Thai airways.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 1 year later...

Today if you have W,G,L,N,R,V class ticket,that is not qualified for mileage accrual.

Last summer i have mails from w class tickets.

I have flown a couple of times for business out of LAX to BKK and I have to say I rather enjoyed the business class seats and service. I would choose Thai over Delta/Korean

Thai airways is ok.

We like direct flights if possible.

Different guys like different airlines.

Try them all and then pick one you like for various reasons we do.

Netflights.com has some good prices with most of the main Airlines.

I hate BA & Quantas.

Thai Air's accomodations, even for economy, are excellent, especially the seating. The prices from LAX, however, are way too high compared to other airlines.