IGNORED

anyone know of a hotel near this area? Quiet location around soi skaw beach (soi9 off second road )

arrabista

G'day to all fellow BM’s

Been a lurker for a while and just wanted to say big thanks to all the generosity and good will in the posts on this forum! :10of10Score:

I need some hotel recommendations for a short stay of about a week in November….

I don’t want to be “kee Niaow” but I have some set criteria for hotel accommodation and was hoping you guys could help ..Budget up to 1000 a night or close:

• Quiet Location: A quiet soi…for sleep ( I am a light sleeper!)away from the madness!. I usually stay at a hotel on soi Skaw Beach area off second road over the past few years the location is central Pattaya ..not too close to the action but still within range… been staying there for the last 5 trips but beds are not comfortable ..air con doesn’t work properly but I sacrifice the comfort for the location and peaceful sleep when I need to crash!

• Must haves: comfortable bed, good bathroom, safe in room or deposit box in reception, security, aircon

Pool if possible….I will draw on your collective wisdom gents…..

Please post your suggestions…..I am also open to any recommendations of possible serviced short stay apartments that might fit the bill too....

Cheers and Kap khun kap

Arrabista

"Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today",Aldous Huxley ...

PBR is a good one mate quite location pool room safe key lock entry to staires and lifts a little more than you want to pay about 1200 bhat a night

There are a couple of guest houses that have hotel quality as far as rooms go.

The rooms above Chow Soy restaurant in Soi Chaipoom check out the threads on here for photos.

Also China Garden hotel is gretting great reviews and I will be staying there next holiday.

Both of these places have everything you want except a pool for well under 1000 (500-800 I believe).

I have stayed at Opey De Place (also in Soi Lenkee) they do have a pool but no in room safe, only a safety deposit box.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Mad Londoner ,Lranger ,Ssparkie and Thai Trav a big thank you for your responses!

Much appreciated gents.

Thai Trav Soi Lengee and china garden hotel sounds good …is it a quite soi? Is location of hotel pretty low key ? just wandering as I have stayed in patts in places that are fine in the day ,but come night time you realize you are trying to go to sleep right behind a beer garden with blaring music!

Just trying to avoid those kind of issues

Keep the suggestions comin’ please :Thanks3:

Regards

Arrabista

Billabong Guest House on LK Metro. Aussies most welcome and rate below 1000 easy.

Believe OP stated he was a light sleep and I wouldn't recommend the LK Metro area or other soi with the high possibility of party or at least it should be a room away from the street.

Soi 10-11-12 is pretty quite with plenty hotels

Believe OP stated he was a light sleep and I wouldn't recommend the LK Metro area or other soi with the high possibility of party or at least it should be a room away from the street.

Soi 10-11-12 is pretty quite with plenty hotels

Thanks Kandinski on Heads up to avoid LK Metro area.....can you suggest any good places on soi 10-12 that you mentioned?

:001_Thank_You5:

Arrabista

I think you could have a look at Chada Thai House. It is at the end of the Soi where Tim Boutique is located. So near the area you are used to stay. It is a brand new hotel. I have not stayed there but I contemplating doing it next time. You have a few reports on the forum:

1. Daimen stayed there (his report)

2. Some info and pictures by Piero

This hotel can be booked by Agoda, Booking.com, and I guess a few others.

That's only one of many possibilities! In any case have fun!

Believe OP stated he was a light sleep and I wouldn't recommend the LK Metro area...

I'd discount the PBR on the same grounds.

Why not Fawlty Towers ? It's on the Soi next to Soi Skaew Beach and hasn't got loads of bars and Thai karaoke places around it,good sized rooms and free wifi etc etc.

Far enough away to be quiet but only minutes away from all the hotspots.

Mad Londoner ,Lranger ,Ssparkie and Thai Trav a big thank you for your responses!

Much appreciated gents.

Thai Trav Soi Lengee and china garden hotel sounds good …is it a quite soi? Is location of hotel pretty low key ?

Will be staying at China Garden next month in deluxe room for 500B/day. Ian, the owner mentioned it's opposite side of J&P Court. From the tripadvisor reviews I read on J&P Court, there's no noise issue.

It's actually very close to LK Metro but far enough. The area should be more of budget guesthouse and resturants. This should be around the location of China Garden;

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?cxuRUn8rkcqA

Hope this helps :)

Edited by zmanz

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

I think you could have a look at Chada Thai House. It is at the end of the Soi where Tim Boutique is located. So near the area you are used to stay. It is a brand new hotel. I have not stayed there but I contemplating doing it next time. You have a few reports on the forum:

aventi!

thanks mate will check it out...and yes i will have fun don't you worry! :001_Thank_You5:

cheers

Arrabista

• 3 weeks later...

I usually stay at a hotel on soi Skaw Beach … been staying there for the last 5 trips but beds are not comfortable (and) air con doesn’t work properly …

Could you tell us which hotel you are talking about, so that others can avoid this discomfort?

• 1 month later...

Could you tell us which hotel you are talking about, so that others can avoid this discomfort?

Sorry Scand missed this question.

I was referring to SKAW beach hotel.

Just my opinion ,don't think it's worth the baht they are asking anymore.

cheers

Arrabista

G'day to all fellow BM’s

Been a lurker for a while and just wanted to say big thanks to all the generosity and good will in the posts on this forum! :10of10Score:

I need some hotel recommendations for a short stay of about a week in November….

I don’t want to be “kee Niaow” but I have some set criteria for Hotel accommodation and was hoping you guys could help ..Budget up to 1000 a night or close:

• Quiet Location: A quiet soi…for sleep ( I am a light sleeper!)away from the madness!. I usually stay at a hotel on soi Skaw Beach area off second road over the past few years the location is central Pattaya ..not too close to the action but still within range… been staying there for the last 5 trips but beds are not comfortable ..air con doesn’t work properly but I sacrifice the comfort for the location and peaceful sleep when I need to crash!

• Must haves: comfortable bed, good bathroom, safe in room or deposit box in reception, security, aircon

Pool if possible….I will draw on your collective wisdom gents…..

Please post your suggestions…..I am also open to any recommendations of possible serviced short stay apartments that might fit the bill too....

Cheers and Kap khun kap

Arrabista

[/quote ]www.fawltytowerspattaya.com rooms from 600 per night

bc.jpg

mp.jpg

hn.jpg

r2.jpg

safe.jpg

free wifi.jpg

www.FawltyTowersPattaya.com

[email protected]

Skype - ftpattaya

Rooms from 600baht per night

I am looking at budget options for next trip and Fawlty Towers fits the bill,especially for a month stay.Every room has balcony,great quiet location close to Soi 7/8,rooms look nice,only pity is no in room safe.

I am looking at budget options for next trip and Fawlty Towers fits the bill,especially for a month stay.Every room has balcony,great quiet location close to Soi 7/8,rooms look nice,only pity is no in room safe.

I am staying at the Bay Breeze hotel in Soi Honey, quite close to Soi Skaw Beach, and am quite satisfied. The room rate is 650 B if you stay for a week or more, and the standard is good.

Edited by Scand

I am staying at the Bay Breeze Hotel in Soi Honey, quite close to Soi Skaw Beach, and am quite satisfied. The room rate is 650 B if you stay for a week or more, and the standard is good.

Be careful with your stuff and cash there. Myself and other BM's have had cash and phones stolen whilst staying there.

bb69