IGNORED

Knife fight over customer leaves woman dead

benny31

Sign me up! LOL!

yeah thinking about it - this a missed opportunity my application is going in the post today!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyaus

• Texas Skibum

• QuotaMan

• Luv2Phuket

depends upon

1] how many people are involved and have to be paid off

2] how wealthy the victim is ( compensation for a death of a family member can vary from 50,000 baht to millions of baht for wealthier breadwinner of a family )

3] whether you are thai or pharang (or falang with thai accent)

when a GF had an uncle murdered by a relative a compensation was paid of 50,000 to her uncles family and 50,000 to get the suspect out of jail - I guess you could multiply that by at least 10x if a falang was the suspect.

it is difficult to determine how much bribes really are because when the girls mention them they are looking for falang to pay them so you have no idea if genuine or not

Recent bribe which was quite interesting was 100,000 baht to pass the police entrance exams upcountry. It appears no one gets into the police force without family connections or bribes at every stage of the application process. The job comes with a good salary + bribes and a good pension.

Best to stay out of trouble and keep away from troubled people and enjoy your life - you are not in a western country so do not expect fair treatment if you are a lawbreaker.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the job comes with a good salary. But the bribes are a big help.

For minor stuff corruption actually works well, like motorbike related fines such as no helmet..... not to mention sleazy bars etc that would all have to be shut down if the rozzers stopped lining their pockets from them.

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

I wouldn't go as far as to say the job comes with a good salary. But the bribes are a big help.

For minor stuff corruption actually works well, like motorbike related fines such as no helmet..... not to mention sleazy bars etc that would all have to be shut down if the rozzers stopped lining their pockets from them.

salary is good by thai standards - you are probably right thinking about it - it kinda works in its own way.

Anyway corruption does not appear to be any worse than anywhere else in the poorer parts of the world - in fact better than some - corruption in philipinnes seems to be worse and makes the country appear disfunctional compared to thailand

Anyway corruption does not appear to be any worse than anywhere else in the poorer parts of the world

I would disagree with this statement

I would disagree with this statement

This is a list I found from Forbes of the most corrupt countries in the world. Don't know why there are 26 countries on the list I would have expected something more arbitrary like 25 or 50.... I am making no claims or judgements, this is simply for information sharing purposes.

1. Haiti

2. Myanmar

3. Iraq

4. Guinea (Conakry)

5. Sudan

6. Democratic Republic Congo/Kinshasa

7. Chad

8. Bangladesh

9. Uzbekistan

10. Equatorial Guinea

11. Cote d'Ivoire

12. Cambodia

13. Belarus

14. Turkmenistan

15. Tajikistan

16. Sierra Leone

17. Pakistan

18. Nigeria

19. Kyrgyzstan

20. Kenya

21. Republic of Congo Brazzaville

22. Angola

23. Venezuela

24. Niger

25. Ecuador

26. Cameroon

Edited by Rhubarb

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

This is a list I found from Forbes of the most corrupt countries in the world. Don't know why there are 26 countries on the list I would have expected something more arbitrary like 25 or 50.... I am making no claims or judgements, this is simply for information sharing purposes.

Wonder how much it costs to get your country's name removed from that list? :P

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...