IGNORED

another one dead

jellybabymaybe

There's better things to ride in Pattaya than motor bikes , ie , Thai girls . Seriously , if you are on a bike , wear a lid , don't drink , be fully insured if the worst happens and stay alert . Reported accidents are 6 times higher than Frarangland , so if you've. Come a cropper , who's going to take care of those beautiful Thai girls ?

You also need to remember that if someone doesn't die on the scene of their accident but die later in hospital they are not counted as a road fatality.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scumbag

• Reacherj

• capricorn

• toothfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

remind me a terrible story where 2 youngs lads from the UK with a big bike crashed into a post in front of Big C on second road...

really a sad story...

seen that and it took 1 week to get it out of my head.blood and brains everywhere ,take care and drive slowly.life is to be lived as best we can .enjoy and take care in pattaya

regards glenn

seen that and it took 1 week to get it out of my head.blood and brains everywhere ,take care and drive slowly.life is to be lived as best we can .enjoy and take care in pattaya

regards glenn

wow mate, you seen that in real ? i won't wish that to my worst ennemy...

this kind of thing remind me we are nothing on earth, you are right, life is to be lived as best we can, life is too short.

i don't know if this accident made an effect to me, but i ride very slowly on 2nd road now... can't remove this story in my mind when i pass Big C and i have a thought to them :Crappy:

RIP guys.

Edited by MaGiK

Sad story

I avoid motorbikes (even in my home country they are crazy as hell and die real fast).

I always take bath bus or I walk (and really careful when I cross roads!!!)

Don't forget that many motorbikes taxi drink all day while they work... look for it and you'll see it

Edited by djako

I love riding! whether its bike, car or girl :)

i feel more comfortable and safe driving bikes in pattaya than india,

in india except highways all roads are always in bad condition and drivers there don't even care to give side lights while moving left or right.

i hired many types of bikes in pattaya small, medium and sportbikes and never had any problem. you just have to be careful while taking turns coz there are some assholes in pattaya aswell.

once my friend had and accident in pattaya but it was his mistake he was drunk and trying to take turn at 50kmph and he fell, luckily no one was injured roads coz time was around 5am and roads were empty he only got few scratches

1 eg of indian roads

bad-road-or-good-road-for-us-all-are-same-roads-hyderabad-india+1152_12957102371-tpfil02aw-20929.jpg

Hate to see it. But it seems there always some danger assocated to anything fun. But renting a bike opens a whole new world when there. I didn't at first but once I did I saw a lot more of the town.

There are plenty of people who die in traffic accidents in Farangland as well. Riding a bike in Pattaya isn't that dangerous, you just have to be extra careful and don't drive drunk and you'll be ok.

Sure you take your own risks and live or die by the concequences, but yours is a pretty stupid statement

you can take precautions, but the simple facts of statistics are staggering, no matter how careful you are, your chances of serious injury or death are many, many times greater on a bike here than at home.

Yeah, I ride, and I am careful, but i know that I am not able to control the actions of others ... so "you'll be ok" is misleading at best, and completely wrong.

Don't forget that many motorbikes taxi drink all day while they work... look for it and you'll see it

I've got proof:

SAM_0206.JPG

While I agree that motorbike taxis aren't the safest, they're a hell of a lot faster than the Baht buses, and way easier to get a hold of. I took a few motorbike taxis, but didn't make a habit of it.

On a related note, I was reading the English-language Pattaya paper at a bar last week, and came across the story of a young woman on a motorbike who was struck and killed by a guy in a pickup, somewhere around Third Road.

I feel much more comfortable riding my bike, than on the back of a motor taxi.

Sure you take your own risks and live or die by the concequences, but yours is a pretty stupid statement

you can take precautions, but the simple facts of statistics are staggering, no matter how careful you are, your chances of serious injury or death are many, many times greater on a bike here than at home.

Yeah, I ride, and I am careful, but i know that I am not able to control the actions of others ... so "you'll be ok" is misleading at best, and completely wrong.

Calling other people stupid doesn't make what you write any smarter. If you refer to statistics, my statement "you'll be ok" is accurate, not misleading. I mean, how many accidents take place in Pattaya every day? There are accidents, but it's not a battlefield out there, most people will be ok provided they don't do stupid shit like riding a sport bike drunk and with no helmet. Of course you can't control the mistakes of others, but don't make it sound like riding a bike in Pattaya is as dangerous as landing on Omaha beach on d-day.

Riding a Motorbike in Thailand is like going bareback At some stage things will catch up with you

Calling other people stupid doesn't make what you write any smarter. If you refer to statistics, my statement "you'll be ok" is accurate, not misleading. I mean, how many accidents take place in Pattaya every day? There are accidents, but it's not a battlefield out there, most people will be ok provided they don't do stupid shit like riding a sport bike drunk and with no helmet. Of course you can't control the mistakes of others, but don't make it sound like riding a bike in Pattaya is as dangerous as landing on Omaha beach on d-day.

Without appearing to be pithy about your analogy to the Omaha D-Day landings, your comment would suggest you are in your mid to late 80s and that you were with the American forces during the assault in Normandy. I'm sure, on reflection, your comments were intended only as a guide to the extreme dangers of riding in Pattaya, without creating a parallel to one of the most heroic actions of WWII. I'm sure you will take my comments in the context in which they are intended.

Be well, stay careful.

Here are some interesting stats. These numbers are the number of people who die on the roads per 100 000 residents:

Australia: 5.2

UK: 3.59

US: 12.3

Thailand: 19.6

Source

I would expect a lot of the road deaths to involve bikes. The Thailand number may not tell the whole truth. I read a article some time ago that I thought was interesting. Apparently if you don't die on the scene of the accident but do so later you are not counted as a road fatality.

Thailand’s Deadliest Killer: Vehicle & Motorcycle Accidents and Fatalities

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Here are some interesting stats. These numbers are the number of people who die on the roads per 100 000 residents:

Australia: 5.2

UK: 3.59

US: 12.3

Thailand: 19.6

Source

I would expect a lot of the road deaths to involve bikes. The Thailand number may not tell the whole truth. I read a article some time ago that I thought was interesting. Apparently if you don't die on the scene of the accident but do so later you are not counted as a road fatality.

Thailand’s Deadliest Killer: Vehicle & Motorcycle Accidents and Fatalities

Not to mention the many many accidents that didn't kill people but gave a nasty case of road rash or worse, an easy way to ruin your remaining holiday.

When I am in Thailand chances are good that anytime of the day or night I will be under the influence so a baht bus is a far saner option for me.

Not to mention the many many accidents that didn't kill people but gave a nasty case of road rash or worse, an easy way to ruin your remaining holiday.

When I am in Thailand chances are good that anytime of the day or night I will be under the influence so a baht bus is a far saner option for me.

When I lived on Koh Samui you'd see them all day long, tourists with leg casts and bandaged up, limping along the beach with a can of beer in hand. A multitude of factors a responsible: a lack of experience in riding motorcycles, riding while under the influence of alcohol or weed or mushies, the general madness on Thailand's road, slippery roads after a tropical downpour, and of course the big killer everywhere - speeding.

You guys really like to put the fear into people? With all these statistics I agree the fatality rate is high but who is usually dying? I suggest many Thais (often drunk), drunk or inexperienced tourists, and people riding at high speeds. Motorbikes are higher risk even in our own countries, here IF you drive sensibly it reduces the risk somewhat. I have over 20K KM on motorbikes here and will continue to ride them, not because they are inexpensive, faster in congested traffic and easy to park but because they are fun and I like the freedom of getting around without baht buses.

Just about every single one in here criticizing motobikes do not ride one themselves. Yes I know to someone who has never ridden it looks dangerous as hell. But to someone who actually does get on one it really is nothing. Its so easy its too easy. As for accidents there is a way to be alert at all times so the possibility of avoiding a drunk driver is very good. Of course someone is going to come along after this post and say he rides and he thinks its dangerous to ride a small sissy bike in Pattaya trying to prove me wrong. Don't. You're doing a lot of people a disservice. This issue has become fear mongering. Hell its easier and safer to ride a motobike than it is to ride a bicycle. No joke.

You're right, but not worth the trouble. I come Pattaya to fuck, not to die...

I take sometimes much bigger risks in life, but when there is something interesting in it.

So many bahtbus, realy not worth the trouble...

smart advice.. take a risk if its worth it or money in it... not for nothing on a day to day basis...

I am one who loves the freedom of riding a motorcyle,a great addition to my holiday here. Would I say its completely safe? Never! In acknowledging the dangers, ensures your awareness is raised to a suitable level. Part of the problem IMO is people do things whilst on holiday. That they would never do at home, like riding in boardies, thongs and half cut!

By the looks of some of the punters I see riding around here, I question whether they,ve ridden before landing. Its asking for trouble, especially here. But for all the apparent craziness of the traffic system here, once flowing in it, it does work.Like most things in life, theres no guarentee,s.So keep your guard up, and for those like myself, who love riding, stay safe and enjoy the freedom. Its a huge buzz.Cheers.

Saw a oldish guy covered in blood in the middle of Pattaya Klang last night about 4am, looked like he had a smash on his bike with a motorbike taxi guy, both bikes looked a mess. At that time of night I serious think he was probably NOT sober.

I was on a moto taxi so did not stop, looked like there was plenty of helpers anyway.

If your going out drinking don't take your bike

remind me a terrible story where 2 youngs lads from the UK with a big bike crashed into a post in front of Big C on second road...

really a sad story...

Yes i remember too, there was a terrific video.......

Yes i remember too, there was a terrific video.......

I took a look at the Heineken sign that one of the guys hit with his head. It was constructed with one inch angle iron which had been buckled on the opposite side of the impact.

post-14417-0-35769200-1314463080.jpg

I agree, I ride motorbikes all over the world, it is very often my preferred mode of transport, I rarely ever use any other mode of transport when I am in big cities like London (England), NY, etc however I often feel much safer on the roads of Pattaya, Hanoi or HCMC with all their chaos and bad drivers than I do on the roads of those big cities which are filled with people who are bad drivers but all think they are the best drivers in the western world.

Pattaya is not a place to learn to ride nor is it a place to return to riding and like anywhere in the world if you are going to ride you need to be fully alert and aware of the potentail dangers.

My condolences to this person’s family, I hope he did not leave a wife without a husband and/or children without a father.

Man are you serious.. In all those places you mentioned people get run over for the FUN OF IT.. No shiot!

Despite being a target on a bike I must really admit one of my top 5 things to do in Thailand is buy a six pack of beer and put my girl on the back of my big bike and go carousing around Ubon, Udon, Nong Khai, Korat..just don't get caught drinking and driving its better to go on the outskirts where the roads are quieter certainly not on any freeways. Its especially nice when you find beautiful resorts somebody spent a lot of time and money on that will be bankrupt before its over out in the middle of nowhere and stay there for a night or cut through some farm land to get to estuaries and make love in the slave labors shack when they aren't working the fields on holiday.

I think I have video of that too.. Wooo Hooo Cheers9.gif

Edited by tobyj