IGNORED

another one dead

jellybabymaybe

Second road, some poor fella off a bike - same old story in this town, I pay my personal driver an extra 10 baht for driving slowly, worth every penny then.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scumbag

• Anokanite

• Edge

• tobyj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.. I pay my personal driver an extra 10 baht for driving slowly...

A day?

That's why. I take the baht bus everywhere or walk I wud never hire a motorbike in pattaya it's like playing Russian roulette on them roads

There are plenty of people who die in traffic accidents in Farangland as well. Riding a bike in Pattaya isn't that dangerous, you just have to be extra careful and don't drive drunk and you'll be ok.

remind me a terrible story where 2 youngs lads from the UK with a big bike crashed into a post in front of Big C on second road...

really a sad story...

There are plenty of people who die in traffic accidents in Farangland as well. Riding a bike in Pattaya isn't that dangerous, you just have to be extra careful and don't drive drunk and you'll be ok.

I agree, I ride motorbikes all over the world, it is very often my preferred mode of transport, I rarely ever use any other mode of transport when I am in big cities like London (England), NY, etc however I often feel much safer on the roads of Pattaya, Hanoi or HCMC with all their chaos and bad drivers than I do on the roads of those big cities which are filled with people who are bad drivers but all think they are the best drivers in the western world.

Pattaya is not a place to learn to ride nor is it a place to return to riding and like anywhere in the world if you are going to ride you need to be fully alert and aware of the potentail dangers.

My condolences to this person’s family, I hope he did not leave a wife without a husband and/or children without a father.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

My mates Girlfriend and Mother of his 2 year old Son was killed a few days ago in Sakeaw, the village where she lived, one of Bliss girls died a few months ago as well as her boyfriend in another accident, you just have to ride around Pattaya and see all the white marks in the roads where accidents happen, 9 times out of ten there are bike shapes.

If your not very experienced then dont spoil your holiday by having an accident, the baht buses are everywhere so on holiday you dont really need one.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I was hitchhiking with one of the bikes when I visited Pattaya last year, and for me this was a awesome experience. We drove all the way through the city, and you get to see the city from a whole new perspective than when sitting in the back of the baht bus. Being in Pattaya for the first time, for me this was just fun and I never felt that we were close to any danger.

That being said, it appears that there are many people drunk driving, and that is never a good thing. Being drunk on a motorbike leaves you extra vulnerable when it goes wrong. As long as those who are drunk don't do harm to others, I have little - to no - sympathy for them, but i feel bad for those who are left behind, though. (not saying that drunk driving was the case this time)

One experience I had last year was after the soccer world cup finals. A man, piss drunk, who had big problems standing on his own two feet, was looking for his motorbike outside one of the pubs in Jomtien. Looking at him, I think he would have spend the whole night looking for his bike - it must have been over 20 bikes outside - but even with just 5 I think he would have problems finding his. Then a security guard came up to him and actually helped him find his bike, so that he could be on his way...drunk out of his mind and out in the streets on a motorbike. At that time I was actually hoping that he would crash into something before he would hurt any others.

Anyways... as already mentioned in another post; hope he did not leave a wife or any kids! And my condolences to those left behind!

you might be driving carefully and sober its the one behind you or coming towards you who might be drunk ive seen many many accidents and deaths to many faeang countries much safer than pattaya thailand

^^^^^^^ :Agree1:

Second road, some poor fella off a bike - same old story in this town, I pay my personal driver an extra 10 baht for driving slowly, worth every penny then.

Banned!!!

You're right, but not worth the trouble. I come Pattaya to fuck, not to die...

I take sometimes much bigger risks in life, but when there is something interesting in it.

So many bahtbus, realy not worth the trouble...

remind me a terrible story where 2 youngs lads from the UK with a big bike crashed into a post in front of Big C on second road...

really a sad story...

I think I saw extremely graphic photos of that somewhere on the net. Shook me up.

Banned!!!

Why?

I think I saw extremely graphic photos of that somewhere on the net. Shook me up.

The VDO is still on Vimeo I think.

Why?

Dunno - ting tong tranny who turned nasty perhaps?

Or just a trolling twat - who knows.

I saw the video of the accident on youtube or perhaps liveleak, really nasty images.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

I really wanted to hire a bike on my next trip to Pattaya to explore some of the places I have not visited yet properly.

Darkside...Naklua...outskirts of Pattaya.

It's posts like this that make me think twice.

Arrrgh the decisions!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

really a sad story...

Can remember that as if it was yesterday, And it been on u tube, sad sad day

I was on a Bhat bus on second road last week at about 00:30 hrs and I saw an accident where a m/c crashed into the back on a slower moving bhat bus.

slip him a few hundred he might stit up and take notice a bit more

just dropin the kids off to school --- back soon !!

That's why. I take the baht bus everywhere or walk I wud never hire a motorbike in pattaya it's like playing Russian roulette on them roads

here,here best option, alot safer

just dropin the kids off to school --- back soon !!

A few months ago an older farang was killed while he was getting off a baht bus. That's not always a safe option. Bikes are OK if you are careful and drive defensively (and not pissed)

A few months ago an older farang was killed while he was getting off a baht bus. That's not always a safe option. Bikes are OK if you are careful and drive defensively (and not pissed)

The problem is that most farangs on bikes wouldn't know what defensive driving was if it bit them on the arse. I see many farangs who put themselves in dangerous positions on the road. They tend to ride the same way as the Thais do. Baht buses are much safer for tourists.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I always rent a motorcycle when in Thailand. It gives me the freedom to go anywhereI want when I want. By motorcycle you can easily see more of the Chonburi area and get more out of your vacation . May I suggest. The temples on the east side of Sukhumvit, Siracha tiger park and zoo, Snake world, Bansaree beach, Sai Kaew beach and more. It is also nice to ride around with your TGF for shopping, eating or whatever and feel her sitting close to you...

Now motorcycle riding IS dangerous. Even if you are right, you are the one to get hurt in an accident.

You must always look way ahead, in the mirrors and check your blind zone . Expect all the others on and by the road to do anything. Be alert and be ready to brake and have a alternative (dodging) spot on the road for your bike.(on Sukhumvit you might find yourselves dodging watermelons falling off a truck and bouncing on the road while youre doing 100km/h!)

Wear as much safety equipment as possible (I know its hot. Most people ride in a singlet and shorts)at least a good helmet (I bring my own) gloves and good shoes (not sandals) Do not drink more than a beer or two during your bike trip

Shagging professionals is also dangerous so we keep it safe when doing it . Right? Bring the same mindset when you are on a M/C and you should be ok.

I feel sorry for the dead persons family.

Edited by Going4Siam

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

There's better things to ride in Pattaya than motor bikes , ie , Thai girls . Seriously , if you are on a bike , wear a lid , don't drink , be fully insured if the worst happens and stay alert . Reported accidents are 6 times higher than Frarangland , so if you've. Come a cropper , who's going to take care of those beautiful Thai girls ?