IGNORED

When you cannot trust the in room safe...

7-Eleven

I guess that most in-room-safe-thefts are committed by hotelstaff. But so far i didn't notice to many mention of thefts on PA. Besides most hotels, where i stay, nowadays have security camera's.

Most important: i never have big valuables in my room. My money is on a Thai bankaccount, my camera in the safe when in the room otherwise when i am out i got it with me.So there really isn't much left to steal as my cheap thai cellphone, which most girls don't even bother for.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 999Baht

• GorGuy RIP

• fostraswift

• themosch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess that most in-room-safe-thefts are committed by hotelstaff. But so far i didn't notice to many mention of thefts on PA. Besides most hotels, where i stay, nowadays have security camera's.

Most important: i never have big valuables in my room. My money is on a Thai bankaccount, my camera in the safe when in the room otherwise when i am out i got it with me.So there really isn't much left to steal as my cheap thai cellphone, which most girls don't even bother for.

I am the same.

I only travel with what I can afford to loose and the first stop I take on each trip is at the Thai Bank to deposit my money.

The girls laugh at my cheap Thai phone...I'm happy with that...it means noone is tempted to steal it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Anyone seen on u tube how to open a safe with a potato, worth a luck, then you would never totally trust a room safe.

Also old saying never put all your eggs in one basket, don't put everthing in the safe

Are the safes in room large enough to put a notebook in ?

In some hotels yes. Mostly the newer rooms in newer hotels. Better to inform before you book your hotel!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

bring a screwdriver in your checked luggage, unscrew the panel on the plugin or light switch, put $ inside and screw panel back on.. no probs. usually have a plastic bag that i put the money in also. Maid can use the plugin no problem and money still safe.

Have always used the room safe , never had a problem, only have enough cash in safe for a day or two, cards and TCs could be cancelled if necessary , camera , phone and iPad are insured

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

where do you insure your iPad and other high tech products ?

Edited by ipweb

• 1 month later...

3 pages and not one case of somebody who had an incident himself? did any of you herd about a real story like that from a first hand source or just from rumors?

i travel a lot, i have a few safety guideline concerning money:

1. i alleyways take most of my cash in travelers check. this way if it get stolen its insured and i get it back fully. i think this is a full proof method. and yes, in Thailand its VERY easy to convert travelers checks to bhat, so i change enough money for about 2 days every-time and carry this with me. if this cash get stolen somehow i inly loose 2 days worth.

2. always take a credit card and carry it on me all the time. if it get stollen, i just call the credit card company, get it canceled and reissue an new one. if somebody already used it - its insured and i get the money back. simple.

3. make a photocopy of your passport and other important documents. put the real one in the safe, the photocopy alleyways on you. this way if your passport got stolen, just inform your embassy and reissue a new one.

those rules saved me from a tough spots several times.

• 2 months later...

Gr8 Topic and Info henceforth ! For me it's about common sense and NOT putting everything of value in the one spot !....and def having photo copies of passports and id nos of Laptop etc,.

I spread my stuff in a few spots and obv the Safe ...

Haven't had a prob so far...tend to lose more on the women ! :unsure:

There's an old saying, "Locks are to keep honest people out." Meaning that a lock is only there to indicate something is meant to be private and WILL be defeated by someone who wants to badly enough. I keep my funds in travelers checks in the safe. I know someone could take them if they wanted, but TCs can be replaced if stolen, so no big deal there. Cash I keep on me at all times. Take my wallet with me into the shower for the pre-sex shower, I undress in the loo, so it's not unnatural for me to have it on me.

You're better off opening an account at Kasikorn bank and transferring money in before you leave for LOS.

I think the theory that in room safes are not safe is way overblown and over rated. So there's a video of some weakass safe that can be opened with a potato. Sure isn't any hotel room I stay at. That safe was probably compromised anyways for the video. If you're really unsure about the safe then open a Thai bank account and change your money and deposit it. I may do this next time myself. I don't bring any other valuables other than my laptop which I leave right out in the open on the table when I leave the room. No maid is going to be brazen enough to steal it. That is why you stay at a hotel where management cares about security.

theres video on you tube of a kid hitting the top of a hotel safe and " bouncing" the locks open, i cant post a link because my internet is too slow at at the moment, but ive yet to see it work, i have tried it on a couple to see if it works but hasnt so far, dont know whether it s true or not

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

if i can not lock up passport etc, i lock in bag, and sadly do not bring girls back to room... on the plus side the hotels i stay have a sectruity box downstairs that i use...

I have a solid suitcase with both lockable catches and a combination lock in the middle between the catches.

I bought this suitcase in Pattaya for about BT3000 on Beach road but there are also plenty of shops that sell them on 2nd road.

As far as cash goes, simply open a Thai bank account as if you even lose your ATM card you can get another one immediately.

Here is a link to how easy it is to do and credit goes to BM Temujin for creating it http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/49732-setting-up-a-thai-bank-account/

I also leave money in my savings account (which can't be withdrawn in Thailand) and transfer it online into my dedit card (whch I can take out money in Thailand with) if I really need to as I try to withdraw nothing in LOS if it is at all possible.

Also the room safe was one particular make and model from memory so it may not be the case with all room safes I suspect. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

As someone said "common sense applies"

And then what about Laptops? and Cameras?

A good cable lock is always useful for laptops... I usually take my camera with me (it's small)...

This sounds like its not if you will be stolen from but when. IS that what to expect?

I have stayed in pattaya for more than 1000days and hundreds of women staying with me longtime and i have never had any problems with loosing stuff or cash from my room.......

Neither have i ever used a inroom safe - usually i keep my cash(usually withdraw 50000b at a time) hidden among my other things...always have a laptop, camera, 20000b cellphone etc.... has worked out great sofar....

What u should react on is girls without an ID, weird behavior, LB´s and ofcouse hotels/apartments with a bad rep.

And one more important thing, if you act like an asshole - get ready to be treated like one.......

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely need to be wary of some hotel safes. I checked the hotel we stayed in last night and 6 zeros opened the safe just as if I had entered the proper code. I just checked my safe at home and the 6 zeros did not open it. The one I have at home is a world safe - sorry I did not look to see what brand the hotel safe was.

Supporting Thai ladies donation by donation.

is your passport really worth anything in thailand to thief..???

just a question..

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

There has been a few topics now about how easy the safes commonly used in Pattaya hotels are to open, one included a video of a guy opening a safe with a potato!

I realize it's an old post but still would like to see how to open a safe with a potato , 555555 !

• 4 months later...

Pacsafe is the way to go. I just got mine in the mail before my trip. It is bigger than I thought and it did not appear that I could get my ipad in there. Guess what? I did with no problem. That said, I will go with the less is more approach.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/