IGNORED

Nova Platinum Hotel

Nausea

Nova Platinum is located on Pratamnak Road 3 minutes away from walkingstreet with baht bus.

It is a 4star hotel with great looks and nice rooms.

http://www.amari.com/pattaya-thailand-special-offers.aspx

The hotel is not brand new any longer, so some of the rooms is a bit worn out.

Otherwise very spacy with nice views over the pool area.

The room I booked was for 2 ppl.

At my visit they never charged me extra when I took a lady to the room.

But when I wanted to take a lady to swim in the pool I got some problems.

They only put 1 bathrobe in the room, even though I was paying for 2.

Ofcourse I got a little confused, and called the reception asking for a 2nd bath robe.

-Only 1 included is standard.

Some guy at the reception said to me. Then he hung up!

I went down to the lobby and asked kindly again for a 2nd bathrobe.

I said, me and my lady want to go swim, but we only have 1 bathrobe even though I pay for 2 ppl.

-OK! Need pay 200 baht.

I thought whatever... And payed the man 200baht.

5 mins later it got delivered to my room.

At this point it was about 22.00, and the pool was closed wven though it was lit up.

The receptionist diddnt care to tell me that, so when I came down they stopped me and the girl.

Minibar was very expensive, 40 baht for a Coke.

Unfortunately I dont have pictures of the inside of the room, and Agoda.com dont work with this hotel.

(maybe for some reasons)

Anyways, poolside is great!

Good standard, but way too pricy.

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

CXNID=1000015.12NXC.gif

Last I stay at this hotel is 2 year ago. good location and good small rooms. Only bad experience with the staff is that they didn't talk nice to one of girls, I toke back to the hotel.

I have no problems finding the hotel on agoda :unsure:

40 Bath for a coke from the minibar for 4 star hotel, not expensive. They have to make a living to :rolleyes:

I will said a good hotel, but today I can find better hotel to the same price today.

Thanks for the info on this hotel.

Wrong end of town for me i like the central area ishhhhh.

Not cheap but looks to have quality.

:001_Thank_You5:

Unfortunately I dont have pictures of the inside of the room, and Agoda.com dont work with this hotel.

(maybe for some reasons)

Its here

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/nova_platinum_hotel.html

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

i like this hotel,good quality,nice swiming pool and good place in pattaya...sure is not the best price in pattaya,but so goog quality.

Anybody can explain, what room types are worn out / old rooms? coz they said they have new executive building.

Also, they confirmed superior and deluxe have bed side mirror.

How about executive room, does it also have bed side mirror ?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I've stayed at this hotel everytime I visit Pattaya. I've also stayed at several other hotels, but this is my home in Pattaya. The price is decent and no hassle bringing girls back to the hotel. The pool is nice if you're into swimming. I like it because it is just a short walk away from WS, but not in the dead center of the madness. They do always have free room upgrade specials, but to be honest the upgraded Deluxe rooms are not as good as the superior if you're a non-smoker. If you smoke you may like the room upgrade to deluxe because of the balcony. There's also a mini-mart and street food vendor right next to the hotel for a snack, rubbers, and beer. There are probably better deals out there, but Nova Platinum is best for me.

FYI none of the rooms are "worn out". The hotel still looks fairly new. Agoda prices are good, but booking directly with the hotel is better and no hidden fees/charges. I booked a room at a hotel DIRECTLY across the street from Nova for one night and they charged me double and refused to return my money to me. Nova has never cheated me on a bill, so this is why I recommend them so much.

stayed there a couple of years ago , with friends and wifes. hotel was decent and rooms looked good. Only had problems with the trip planner next to the reception. Ill never use them again , as I feel theres alot more

value for my money elsewhere.

Whenever i come to pattaya i stay at nova platinum. Because it price is avarege, rooms are clean, staffs are very friedly, at walking distance to WS, joinner free hotel whatever the joineer number is. At this hotel i feel like i am in my home :))))

Its highly recomended to stay at this hotel..

We stayed here recently on our first visit to Pattaya. Indeed the pool is really the best feature. The workout room is a complete joke. We had to slog our way through large Indian tour groups the entire time we were there. We opted for the stairs most of the time as the tiny, rickety elevator seemed to be the one thrill in Pattaya we were not interested in. You can can cut through to Walking Street a little ways down via Goodfellas but for all the hassle I don't think we will return. I'm certain there are better deals with newer rooms elsewhere.

I've stayed at this hotel everytime I visit Pattaya. I've also stayed at several other hotels, but this is my home in Pattaya. The price is decent and no hassle bringing girls back to the hotel. The pool is nice if you're into swimming. I like it because it is just a short walk away from WS, but not in the dead center of the madness. They do always have free room upgrade specials, but to be honest the upgraded Deluxe rooms are not as good as the superior if you're a non-smoker. If you smoke you may like the room upgrade to deluxe because of the balcony. There's also a mini-mart and street food vendor right next to the hotel for a snack, rubbers, and beer. There are probably better deals out there, but Nova Platinum is best for me.

Thanks for the info -- I'm staying in Nov - could have found cheaper hotel but wanted good pool area to relax around during the day

Is there a good laundry place nearby hotel ?

Is it easy to get Bus to LK Metro / Soi 6 ?

Thanks

Thanks for the info -- I'm staying in Nov - could have found cheaper hotel but wanted good pool area to relax around during the day

Thanks

Yes it is easy to get a bathbus to LK Metro, Soi 6, 7 and 8. The hotel is next to 2 road. Maybe a little more difficult to get a bathbus straight to the hotel. You maybe need to chance bathbus og walk a little bit. But no problems, good location.

Yes it is easy to get a bathbus to LK Metro, Soi 6, 7 and 8. The Hotel is next to 2 road. Maybe a little more difficult to get a bathbus straight to the hotel. You maybe need to chance bathbus og walk a little bit. But no problems, good location.

Cheers Grizzly - had heard was a good location and I don't mind the walk. Lke to explore a bit first day, get my bearings ...helps when late at night and had one or two drinks :)

Do you know if hotel has mini cards with address on - find that easy to show to taxi driver ?

Thanks again

Thanks

Like Grizzlie said it is easy to get a baht bus. The pass by the hotel all the time. I've never really had to walk to get one. I don't mind the walk also. I'm a shisha smoker, so I do a 3-4 minute walk to Soi Arab from there to smoke and have a drink before I start the day. Also the street food vendor next to the hotel is good. One of the vendors about a minute walk from the hotel is great and when I am there they've always sold out of food. Get my rubbers and beer from the food mart that is DIRECTLY next door. If you book through the hotel they usually have specials for free upgrades. The upgraded rooms have balconies, which is nice. The only thing about the upgraded is rooms the restrooms may smell just a little moldy. Never seen roaches or anything, but I always ask them to spray the rooms anyway when I arrive and they do so immediately. Service has dropped a bit, but no hassle bringing guests. There is even a side gate entrance you can sneak a guest through if you really want to. Two of the DD girls used the side gate when they came to see me. Joy(formerly of Devil's Den) came to see me there in all all white see through EXTREMELY short dress. She had no issues at all even though they thought she was a ladyboy! I guess they didn't expect someone to come dressed so wild in the middle of the afternoon.

Thaanks for all the info Backinthe LOS - apprecaite your time and comments

Will use the food mart next door.

Can you help re laundry as not looking to take loads of shirts and thought would get some cleaned during my stay.

Thanks again

Hey no problem at all charlie-smiles. I wish I could help with laundry service, but my trips are only 8 days at the most and I usually bring enough clothes for 13 days. I typically stay in BKK first for a week or less and do laundry there before heading to Pattaya. I also pack alot of graphic t-shirts, so it's not that hard bringing plenty of clothes. My BKK taxi driver didn't know exactly where it was, so if you get a SIM card at the airport or have your driver stop at a gas station to get a card you can just call the hotel when you arrive in Pattaya and have the receptionist give your driver the location. This is what I did. You could also have the driver call the hotel on their phone if you don't have a SIM yet. They'll give you a holder for your room key card and it'll have the address and number on it. You can also catch a baht bus from outside the hotel to Jomtien if you, just go to the opposite side of the street of the hotel.

Hey no problem at all charlie-smiles. I wish I could help with laundry service, but my trips are only 8 days at the most and I usually bring enough clothes for 13 days. I typically stay in BKK first for a week or less and do laundry there before heading to Pattaya. I also pack alot of graphic t-shirts, so it's not that hard bringing plenty of clothes. My BKK taxi driver didn't know exactly where it was, so if you get a SIM card at the airport or have your driver stop at a gas station to get a card you can just call the hotel when you arrive in Pattaya and have the receptionist give your driver the location. This is what I did. You could also have the driver call the hotel on their phone if you don't have a SIM yet. They'll give you a holder for your room key card and it'll have the address and number on it. You can also catch a baht bus from outside the hotel to Jomtien if you, just go to the opposite side of the street of the hotel.

Thanks again -- shame we not there same time as would have liked to have brought you a few beers as thank you for help and then we could have hit the town for some serious fun :)

There are 3 laundries within spitting distance of Nova Platinum - turn right out the front door and go past the Family Mart and there are two there. There is also one over the road. Just be careful when there is wet weather about, as they can take longer to dry, so don't put any in the day before u leave.

There are 3 laundries within spitting distance of Nova Platinum - turn right out the front door and go past the Family Mart and there are two there. There is also one over the road. Just be careful when there is wet weather about, as they can take longer to dry, so don't put any in the day before u leave.

Cheers sodom557 - just thinking may look to take a couple less shirts and get them cleaned whilst there to wear them second week.

Out of the ones you mention, have you used any ?. recomend one ? or are they going to be all much the same.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at this hotel on my trip last month...I thought the location was pretty good...few minutes to Walking Street (which is good in case you get totally hammered), a Family Mart right next door (for quick munchies or to get the essentials), pharmacy (just tell the lady or the guy what is wrong and they will give you something for it) and ATM/money exchange right outside the entrance and a pretty good laundry place right across the street which got my laundry done by the next day for a decent price.

There is free wi-fi, however it is unprotected so if people know how to sniff traffic (like me) then they can see what you are looking at...In terms of reliability, I did not experience getting dropped.

The tv in my room was a 32 inch...the channel selections were pretty decent...good number of english channels...I was surprised to see the Golf Channel...

I did not need an adaptor for my laptop...the sockets can take the rounded ones as well as the normal 2/3 prong plugs.

You get two bottles of water for free...which are in the bathroom...the ones in the fridge you have to pay for...

The safe is in the closet...just enter whatever 4 number combination you want....

I stayed in a smoking room, which was a plus for me since I smoke...the room did not smell like smoke when I first got there, so that was pretty cool to me as well.

Since the hotel is on the main road, public transport, ie tuk tuks roll past the entrance all the time...plus there is always the annoying taxis too...

Bringing women to the hotel was not an issue, as long as they had their ID...without it they cannot come in...

Now comes the things that I didn't like too much...the shower....for some reason, my room lacked water pressure so the showers sucked...the first shower was luke warm...after talking to the staff, the temperatures increased and stayed that way till I left. Getting your room made up...sometimes it happened between 3~5 PM...granted the people who make up the rooms have a lot of rooms to make up...between those times are a bit late as I would be getting ready to go out at that time. They did forget to replace/ replenish a few things on two occasions...towels and toilet paper...which I had to ask the staff for a few times...I did have to wait till the next day to get what I wanted..which I found to be annoying...

Other than those two things, I thought this hotel was pretty good...the staff was quite professional...the rooms were clean...and as long as your neighbor is not murdering someone, you can't really hear anything.

Many thanks tagntfc - great review of hotel and your experience staying there - v helpful

Quick question - what room/block where you in ? - I'm booked in a Executive Room which I understnd is in the new block.

sorry for the late response...I was in a Superior room on the second floor of the main building...

I stayed in the Nova Platinum last year and concur with what has been said previously. Very comfortable, nice pool and close to Walking Street. I got my laundry done over the road.They had a security guy who checked the girls ID when you brought her in and held on to it until they left. All in all the place made for a pleasant stay.

• 1 month later...

stayed end of November in executive room - here are some pics of room plus some "friends" who stayed over for some fun :)

can recomend both the hotel and the "friends" ..lol

hotel good facilities, v clean, good location (5-10 mins stroll to Walking Street), Bhat Bus route, Girl Friendly, food ok, pool / area v v good

001c.jpg

019c.JPG

21c.JPG

002c.JPG

003c.JPG

Archived