IGNORED

Golden Glory Pattaya

Chief General

Has anyone been to or know of the location to GG Pattaya gym?

Their site has a map but it shows 3 locations, roughly all in the same area but I struggled to even find Kessaya bike rentals with a map and address on the back of a taxi....

Are there any more notable locations to ask to be taken to - as the gym is fairly new

Address of the gym:

Thappraya Road

Soi 15 308/45

Moo 10

Nongpreu,

Bang Lamung (Pattaya)

Chon Buri 20150

Thailand

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Their site has a map but it shows 3 locations, roughly all in the same area but I struggled to even find Kessaya bike rentals with a map and address on the back of a taxi....

Are there any more notable locations to ask to be taken to - as the gym is fairly new

Address of the gym:

Thappraya Road

Soi 15 308/45

Moo 10

Nongpreu,

Bang Lamung (Pattaya)

Chon Buri 20150

Thailand

i dont think the gym is new its the name that has changed, im thinking this was the old scorpion gym . i cant remember directions but its a way out of pats you passed kombat gym that was on your left and you kinda headed up a hill and there was a large gold buddha on your right the gym was down a road to your left.

pretty sketchy i know but someone maybe able to get you there with the buddha bit if they not on every hill on outskirts of pats !

if you head to jontiem from pattaya as you go up the hill before you start going back down the hill turn left at the Soi 15 signpost. its about 200 meter down that road on your left.

you cant miss the big Golden Glory sign which you can see from the start of the road.

As another memebr has already said it is the old Scorpions gym but is now owned by the one and only alistair overeem.

if you youtube "the reem thailand" you can see a 10 min outtake of The reem series where overeem, saki, sargi and zimmerman are preparing for the K1 final 16.

I did not get to train there as it was closed when i went there about 1pm on my last trip. Roidfreak has trained there tho but hasnt wrote a trip report about the gym yet.

They have 2 new websites just google golden glory pattaya. I have emailed them about putting information about training and opening times in my site and offered them advertising on my Muay Thai website but did not get any reply so best to just turn up.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• 5 months later...

They have good Thai trainers but the place is now owned by some real shady people who are just interested in making the most money they can - Boris the Conman Nicolai - (suprise, suprise, I know) - I would never go here again.

The daily fee is something like 250-300 baht. - This was all I was interested in. I watched people do this session, it lasts almost 3 hours - the gym was empty, and they were getting just as much, if not more training than I would be in the hour 'private session' - As I ended up getting sweet talked into these hour private sessions..

I ended up getting talked into (and paying for in advance, 20 sessions) - Why on earth I did this, I have no fucking idea, I know to never pay for anything in advance like this, big mistake.

He wanted 10,000 baht, but we dealed at 7,500 - I thought this wasn't bad as it's only an extra 100 baht each time for a solid hour, one-on-one

This deal was agreed with the trainer, in the owners presence - if anyone had a problem with this, they should have said no to the deal, or intervened at this point.

Anyway, I really enjoy training for the first 6 days, paying 1000 baht each day (- thus being paid in full on the 7th/8th day.

I turn up on the 7th day to be told:

"Boss not agree 7,500 want 10,000"

"Cannot train here"

Note - at this point it will be fully paid and any more sessions make the gym - "out of pocket" - based on his 10,000/7,500 pricing

What ended up happening was the Thai trainer offered to see out the remainder of the sessions, free, on his own back. I really respected him for this - I knew it was his crooked bosses paying him peanuts and he was nothing to do with the "change of price" - So as I still had a load of time "paid for" we had to go and train AT ANOTHER GYM! wtf?

So we ended up travelling from his EMPTY Golden Glory Gym, to another one, (all because Boris had now changed his price - after he'd got my money)...who wanted 100 baht for use of gym - not too bad, but an additional cost to the agreed price.

I rang the Manager/Owner asking - why he has changed his tune price all of a sudden.. (AFTER he's been paid in FULL)...

"No I don't agree the price and I don't have time to talk now"

"if you want to speak about it come to the gym at 6PM"

ME - "OK I'll see you at 6PM at the GG Gym"

Boris - "I don't know if I can make it maybe I am there maybe I am not"

ME - "well are you going to be there at 6 or not"

Boris - "I don't know"

All in all, a conman.

Probably if I hadn't have been so foolish to pay in advance I wouldn't have had any problems at the gym...

Either way, I'd never go there again.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• 2 months later...

i would like to say that im training at golden glory gym, i have been there on and off for 4 months

i am intermediate level as i have had 5 fights before and have trained in about 5 Gyms in thailand- lanna/chiya/ponwarin/sitpholek/golden glory

i moved from sitpholek because that place is falling apart and its not very motivational to watch trainers smoke ciggarettes at the front

and

i have not seen any problem like the one described above

boris is a friendly/realistic man.

training once a day for a month is 4500 baht

the pad holders are of good standard they are not lazy and after holding pads for me for 5,6 or ever 7 rounds they are quite happy to clinch with me and the other guys for 30 mins or so

the gym equipment rings/bags/pads are all in new to excellent condition (way past any of the thai stlye Gyms in pattaya/thailand)

i havent seen any shady stuff/people there- the golden glory team sometimes comes from holland for a month or so, and overall all the top fighters are nice normal people always up for some chit chat

the three pad holders noy/gai/wit are professional, i never lazy about their job and very sharp to correct technique

there is a round timer constantly going which pushes me to go longer.

and they play some good music.

also its a very good location for running. i often run up to the big buddha or down to the beach behind pratamnak along the royal garden place.. its really good air and clean area + there is always a shitload of russian girls in little shorts walking around that area hehehe

my rating of the gym is high

-price

-good equipment

-friendly competitive trainers

-location (good air)

-good toilets/shower

-they allow me to use the fridge to put my water bottles in (which i carry from home!!!)

no problem with boris- he is just the boss, often when it comes time to pay the money he is not there and i make the transaction with wit(the head trainer)

i would just like to add 4500 baht for training once a day for a month IS BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!!!

I pay £50 a month in England at a top gym that will buy me up to 3 sessions a day and the gym is open the whole of the day to allow access to the weights room, bags and matted area.(2500baht per month)

While GG is a prestigious name i doubt that it is worth paying 4500 a month to train just once a day. when there are other Gyms offering training that would be no better or worse for less than 1000 a month which would include 2 sessions a day.

The thing that would make me pay that much for a class would eb to train with the reem himself however, i very much doubt he will ever be training there anymore(given that the gym is still GG)

• 1 month later...

i would just like to add 4500 baht for training once a day for a month IS BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!!!

I pay £50 a month in England at a top gym that will buy me up to 3 sessions a day and the gym is open the whole of the day to allow access to the weights room, bags and matted area.(2500baht per month)

While GG is a prestigious name i doubt that it is worth paying 4500 a month to train just once a day. when there are other gyms offering training that would be no better or worse for less than 1000 a month which would include 2 sessions a day.

The thing that would make me pay that much for a class would eb to train with the reem himself however, i very much doubt he will ever be training there anymore(given that the gym is still GG)

ok man, have you trained in thailand before?

standard price at any gym is between 7000-8000 baht a month for twice a day.

the cheapest gym in pattaya is sitpholek (its shit) for 3500/once a day training.

sityodtong is 6000 baht for once a day

golden glory is 4500. its in the middle. not cheap not expensive.

pattaya combat village on soi kao talo wants 10,000 baht for a month once a day...

i have a gym in issan i train in where i give them bout 1000 baht a month but im not telling where that is....

u dnt know what you are talking about....

good luck finding these 1000 baht Muay Thai Gyms...

i mean you could if you spoke fluent issan/lao!

u dnt know what you are talking about....

good luck finding these 1000 baht muay thai gyms...

i mean you could if you spoke fluent issan/lao!

in udon thani you can train at the Muay Thai fitness center for 40baht a day or 500baht a month.

there are lots more Gyms around chon buri region than only the ones in central pattaya and as you yourself confirmed you train for 1000baht a month at another gym in Thailand. There is also The ISS Gym on the Sukhumvit which was 1200 per month for training twice a day(dunno if its still there tho)

so it appears i do know what im talking about.

i appreciate your train at GG and think its good value but i cant justify paying those prices training in Thailand when others are available for a quarter of the price and less.

loads more options are available than GG, kombat village and fairtex with their inflated prices.

thank you for the up to date update on prices tho

in udon thani you can train at the muay thai fitness center for 40baht a day or 500baht a month.

there are lots more gyms around chon buri region than only the ones in central pattaya and as you yourself confirmed you train for 1000baht a month at another gym in Thailand. There is also The ISS Gym on the Sukhumvit which was 1200 per month for training twice a day(dunno if its still there tho)

so it appears i do know what im talking about.

i appreciate your train at GG and think its good value but i cant justify paying those prices training in Thailand when others are available for a quarter of the price and less.

loads more options are available than GG, kombat village and fairtex with their inflated prices.

thank you for the up to date update on prices tho

yes i have one gym in "thailand" i can train in and i donate them 1000 baht a month. speak fluent issan. when i first went there

i gave them 3000 a month

"Muay Thai fitness in udon thani" yes you can can try that. have fun in udon thani.

500 baht a month to kick pads everyday- you are dreaming

"and getting trained by alistair overeem" i doubt he will ever do that for you. whatever gym he is in.

anyway i was sparring with srgei haritonov the on thurs and i didnt have to give him any money, gave me a few good ideas on attacking guys 40 kilos heavier though.

really man i not going to reply to you any more you dont know what your talking about when it comes to training over here, better off staying in your internet world over there

yes i have one gym in "thailand" i can train in and i donate them 1000 baht a month. speak fluent issan. when i first went there

i gave them 3000 a month

"muay thai fitness in udon thani" yes you can can try that. have fun in udon thani.

500 baht a month to kick pads everyday- you are dreaming

"and getting trained by alistair overeem" i doubt he will ever do that for you. whatever gym he is in.

anyway i was sparring with srgei haritonov the on thurs and i didnt have to give him any money, gave me a few good ideas on attacking guys 40 kilos heavier though.

really man i not going to reply to you any more you dont know what your talking about when it comes to training over here, better off staying in your internet world over there

thanks again for confirming that what i am saying is 100% correct again, and that i do know what i am talking about when it come to training in thailand.

Peace out.

Boris and the rest of GG are crooks.

They are even trying to screw one of there longest serving fighters, Alistair Overeem over at the minute

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Yeah Golden Glory have been fired by quite a few fighters including Overeem because of pay disputes and other concerns in there current contracts.

Overeem has now signed with another management company and after destroying Brock Lesnar he has Junior Dos Santos in his sights for the title in the UFC Heavy Weight Division. THat is going to be a massive fight.

Boris and the rest of GG are crooks.

They are even trying to screw one of there longest serving fighters, Alistair Overeem over at the minute

Boris is not a crook. Im not going to get into what happened with you and him, thats between you two,

-as for Alastair overeem, he is trying to get out of his contract which BAS got for him, worth around 16 million dollars- this contract has nothing to do with GG pattaya as a gym and training.

ITs a familiar old story, he came into the gym in holland however many years ago as nothing, they trained him to superstar level, got him all his fights, negotiated the huge contract, and of course he thought saw a way to get all the money for himself. I have not read the contract.

FAIR OR NOT FAIR- he signed it.

i didnt come to GG because of A.Overeem. i was looking for a new gym to train in which had good facilities/training for the price. i have been her 5 months now or so. infact i never watch ufc or anything so when i first came i did not know what was GG, i was fuking impressed with the hard training, and i joined in all the jujitsu stuff too without knowing what i was doing and the guys were all friendly enough to go easy on me and teach me rather than dominate me.

I apologize to everyone else it appears that i have been baited into arguing here, which has brought this thread to something other than review on GG gym.

to put it shortly for ANYONE thinking of coming to thailand to training should/would be aware that:

3000-6000 a month is standard monthly price for once a day training

7000-10000+ is standard monthly rate for twice a day training

(in any of the major cities- Krungthep,C-Mai,Pattaya,Ubon,PHuket)

if you have lived here a long time or get lucky and make some quick friends you may be able to find cheaper- but as most of us know :seefarang:seemoney:

or if you are a professional fighter of some skill/repute you will surely find a gym willing to take you on and sponsor you. but they will take alot of your prize money.

ie my friend is fighting for fairtex bkk, they give him food and training and accomodation, and a share of his prize money, it is small, but it beats his life back in poland, dont expect to get more than half, if you you are fighting for anything less than a million baht.

the internet is not a good way to find a gym the best way is to experiance it yourself. i have been living here 3 years training/fighting. if you are serious about training go to lanna in CM or one of the many bKK Gyms. if however you are coming to pattaya, GG is a good place to be,\

=+another good thing about GG is the serious amount of weight there, some pretty heavy russians and french guys around make difficult sparring and clinch work.

as any other gym in thailand there is no classes here, its just rock up and train for as long as you want, pad work is mandatory, and always some clinching offer.

everyone is down for a spar.

i have not seen as many girls training here, maybe only a few russian girls, its not like lanna in CM which can be up to 50% girls sometimes, the hairy backpaker english teaching type, but that can be very annoying at times because the trainers always give them more attention etc.

anyone living in pattaya, come down for some clinch!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone ever see K1/MMA fighter Alistair Overeem at Golden Glory Pattaya? I know he trained here for several of his fights after it opened and before he split with GG. That guy is a fucking monster! Speaking of MMA does anyone know of a bar in Pattaya that shows UFC paperviews regularly?

• 3 months later...

Address of the gym:

Thappraya Road

Soi 15 308/45

Moo 10

Nongpreu,

Bang Lamung (Pattaya)

Chon Buri 20150

Thailand

Is that far from the main tourist area in Pattaya?

I'm thinking of taking some lessons on my next trip.

Is that far from the main tourist area in Pattaya?

I'm thinking of taking some lessons on my next trip.

Not far, 60 baht 80- baht moto taxi

Go to Sityodtong.. much better.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• 5 months later...

Not far, 60 baht 80- baht moto taxi

Go to Sityodtong.. much better.

jeez mate got to try and have a poke dont ya.

golden glory is a good gym by thai standards, not going to bash on any other gym, but yeh at least golden glory has new equipment and some good trainers, who dont ask for money etc.

Did anyone ever see K1/MMA fighter Alistair Overeem at Golden Glory Pattaya? I know he trained here for several of his fights after it opened and before he split with GG. That guy is a fucking monster! Speaking of MMA does anyone know of a bar in Pattaya that shows UFC paperviews regularly?

yeh did see him there in the early days

but yeh he left etc

i was sparring with sergey haritonov he is there pretty much full time, not for beginners though...

training once a day for a month is 4500 baht
the pad holders are of good standard they are not lazy and after holding pads for me for 5,6 or ever 7 rounds they are quite happy to clinch with me and the other guys for 30 mins or so
the gym equipment rings/bags/pads are all in new to excellent condition (way past any of the thai stlye Gyms in pattaya/thailand)
i havent seen any shady stuff/people there- the golden glory team sometimes comes from holland for a month or so, and overall all the top fighters are nice normal people always up for some chit chat
the three pad holders noy/gai/wit are professional, i never lazy about their job and very sharp to correct technique
there is a round timer constantly going which pushes me to go longer.
and they play some good music.
also its a very good location for running. i often run up to the big buddha or down to the beach behind pratamnak along the royal garden place.. its really good air and clean area + there is always a shitload of russian girls in little shorts walking around that area hehehe
my rating of the gym is high
-price
-good equipment
-friendly competitive trainers
-location (good air)
-good toilets/shower
-they allow me to use the fridge to put my water bottles in (which i carry from home!!!)

jeez mate got to try and have a poke dont ya.

golden glory is a good gym by thai standards, not going to bash on any other gym, but yeh at least golden glory has new equipment and some good trainers, who dont ask for money etc.

I'm not having any pokes at anything - I just posted my experience there.

No there is not any new equipment there, unless they have a special locker which they get the gear out of especially for you when you arrive?

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I'm not having any pokes at anything - I just posted my experience there.

No there is not any new equipment there, unless they have a special locker which they get the gear out of especially for you when you arrive?

they have new equipment over most other Gyms in pattaya apart from fairtex...

they have new equipment over most other gyms in pattaya apart from fairtex...

No they do not. Must be a different gym.

I'll agree with you anyway, you win.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Archived