Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is credit card accepted at gogo bars? and safe?

Xfreak0000

Hello?

I have been to Thailand many times, but always paid by cash.

This time my friend needs to use his credit card for some reasons so I wonder is it generally accepted and safe?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brewster

• GorGuy RIP

• chivas

• huber

Hello?

This time my friend needs to use his credit card for some reasons so I wonder is it generally accepted and safe?

:Grin_Jump1:

I have used my credit card in Baccara (BKK) many times (it goes down as "Bluebird" on the credit card statement) and also in bars like Titanium on soi 22. I'm not saying I'd recommend using a credit card in any gogo, but the risks are no worse than many other establishments and if a fraud was to occur you're protected under most credit card agreements. The only time I've ever had a problem with a cloned card was in the UK!

If your friend can't afford to pay by cash he shouldnt be coming to Thailand!

I would recommend using the credit card to perhaps get a money advance in the ATM's, most of them do 20,000 baht.

If you need more just take a few 20,000 bahts, 100,000 over 5 days....should be plenty.

I also have an emergency Credit card, that is limited to 500 pound UK. I use it in dodgy places when i have no choice, i work international and have used it in places like Angola, Nigeria, phils, south korea, if it gets cloned/ or a double payment made its only 500 quid.....not a biggy, better than the debit card with a few grand in it.

I would recommend the ATM route, covering the numbers with hand.........mmmm good luck

ATMs can be found everywhere in Pattaya.

Don't use credit card in gogo. Pay cash :NoNo3:

at the moment credit cards are not accepted by most gogos and if they were i would be very hesitant to use them !!

i am a but confused as to why some gogo owners dont setup a merchant account under a restaurant or hotel name . i,m sure there are plenty of business travellers that need more tax writeoffs and company expenses ! :D

The only place that I have seen cc used for a tab is in Secrets (not really a go-go). It has a hotel on premisis, so it makes sense that they would accept cards. Plus some guys run some pretty big tabs in that place. If your mate absolutely has to get cash off of his card, he should do it at a bank or back home.

TQ1 gogo on Beach road has accepted credit cards for awhile now.

Bring cash that number one :) I will never care a creditcard when I am going party in pattaya. Only the money I can afford to spend and a some back-up money.

No short of ATM maskine in pattaya :rolleyes:

always think it's best to have cash...just use the ATM as there is plenty of them about

at the moment credit cards are not accepted by most gogos and if they were i would be very hesitant to use them !!

i am a but confused as to why some gogo owners dont setup a merchant account under a restaurant or hotel name . i,m sure there are plenty of business travellers that need more tax writeoffs and company expenses ! :D

In my experience most of the big Bangkok gogos will take credit cards.

The only place I used a credit card was Devil's Den. No problems using one there.

Only place I used my card to pay as well, there and the only other place I would think of using it would be if I found something I wanted in the shopping malls.

Credit Card in a gogo, thats just asking for trouble if it was me :D

When I go for a night out in Pattaya I would never think of taking my credit card. During a night out I like to have a few beers and shorts so i would be worried about losing my card. So I always make sure I have enough cash on me when I go out

I'm a staunch supporter of credit card use in Asia now since switching to the CapitalOne Venture card that doesn't charge any fees, including NO foreign transaction fees. I use the card everywhere ... for gas, MK, the doctor, everything I can.

HOWEVER, I would not use it at a gogo or bar. Even in USA, using a card at a t***y-bar is a risky proposition that too many guys regret.

I vote no.

Hello?

A few places do not take credit cards, but I have once had to come over with only credit card funds,so I can understand that maybe he is awaiting some payments and needs to use credit card this trip.

I found no problem paying the hotel with credit card.

It costs, in charges and cash advance fee, but if he has a pin number , can use it to get cash out of ATM's.

I used it in a major store, in a shopping mall, and it got cloned, so even if a "major store" you can get problems.

So I would be cautious.

Little things like him paying both your hotel bills on his card and you giving him the cash can help a bit.

I swear to God this is absolutely true on my 6 kids lives.

In 1993 I was recovering from business failure and the extent of the credit cards I had, were "second" cards, with main account holder my mother with her getting statements monthly.

I'm down Tahaitian Queen on the afternoon run half pissed as usual and running short of Baht.I says to the mamasan was just going off to the hotel to get some baht and she says you can pay by credit card-I didnt realise and says Yeah whatever.

Home 2 weeks later and mother gets the statement and says "Whats this charge" I'm thinking fuck have TQ rammed the credit card.

Not at all-Entry reads "Tahaitian Queen Beach Rd Titty Tequila Bar" and 640 baht !!

TIT.

"Tahaitian Queen Beach Rd Titty Tequila Bar"

Did you explain it was a cocktail bar, and "Titty Tequila" was their famous cocktail?

Did you explain it was a cocktail bar, and "Titty Tequila" was their famous cocktail?

Can't recall what I said but it wasn't one of lifes better moments.....

I only use a credit card if there is no other way, e.g. to top up my Skype credit.

I never buy on credit and I keep my credit card in my safe.

This reminds me of a funny story. I was working with a guy and he told me that he got drunk one night and went to a brothel and ended up spending the whole night there with some of the girls. He go a shock when he got his next credit card bill because they had racked it up with a little under AUD$10000! There is a lesson in there somewhere....:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

absolutely try avoiding using your visa in clubs and bars.