IGNORED

Motorcycle rental around Soi 13/2

Chiyonosake

The last time I was in Pattaya, I was seriously thinking about renting a sport bike from here. In the end I never did, mainly because I was worried they might try to scam me like the jet ski guys. I ride a GSXR 1000 at home and would love to ride in Thailand. If anyone has any experience with these rentals, good or bad. I'd love to hear about it. Hopefully, they are honest. If not, do you have any recommendations on a good place to rent a big sport bike?

suzuki-gsxr-1000-black-out-light-2007.jpg

Can I suggest you PM the person named Mark who runs Kessaya Motorbike rentals as he is a great guy and would be able to give you guidance probably. There is discussions on the business owners forum.

The last time I was in Pattaya, I was seriously thinking about renting a sport bike from here. In the end I never did, mainly because I was worried they might try to scam me like the jet ski guys. I ride a GSXR 1000 at home and would love to ride in Thailand. If anyone has any experience with these rentals, good or bad. I'd love to hear about it. Hopefully, they are honest. If not, do you have any recommendations on a good place to rent a big sport bike?

Sure, I rented some bikes from I think it is soi 13/2, from the left side. All good, fair price (I think). Got more or less everything he has (avoid cbr600, red, as it is in bad shape). R1 was a nightmare to drive around Pattaya, fans constantly blowing hor air into you, hard clutch and tooooo much power... :)

But be aware, you brake something or have accident, they will skin you alive...drive carefully! As much is possible int LOS...

oh, about the prices, R1 1000/day, choppers 500/day, else in the middle...

<p>

Thanks for the info. My plan, if I was to rent one, would be to get out of the city and find some nice country roads with not so much traffic to ride on. I don't want to show off to anyone, I just love to ride and doing it in Thailand would be amazing.

remember, if the bike is damaged or written off, you will foot the bill.

There is no insurance on the bike so hunt around for travel insurance that will cover you in the event of a mishap ... something that is much more likely in LOS than at home

I did rent a R6 and Cbr600 there. Both drove well and had no poblems with them! Around 800 a day!

But you can question yourself if you want to be on a bike with the heat.

Goodluck.

I rented a CBR 600 from a lady on the corner of beach road and 13/2 800 baht per day and i rented for a week. I gave them my pasport instead of a deposit. No issues when i handed the bike back. They did say it was for just around Patts and not going up country way, i guess they dont want to many km's on the bikes. I also rented a 09 R6 from a guy further down beach road heading towards WS. It was 900 baht per day and the bike only had 800 km's on the clock, same again just handed over my pasport and he said only around Patts.

Personally I wouldn't hire one again as a form of transport it's not as efficient say as a scooter, also the roads aren't the best and certainly not for the performance of the bikes

Good Luck

Cheers

jon

Thats a nice looking bike!

• 2 weeks later...

its fun and worth it but ,, traffic and sneaky taxi drivers will sneak all over u

and u cant drive into country roads with red license plate

• 3 weeks later...

i have rode many bikes in the UK and i used to do a lot of motocross but... i do only have a car license will this stop me from getting a sports bike or even a moped??

No you don't need a licence to ride a bike in Thailand at least I don't think you do I have driven

all types of bikes and never had to show a licence only my passport. It's like a lot of things in

Thailand you pay your money and take your chances, No insurance and you don't know how much maintenance

and servicing has been done to the bike, you certainly would not want anything to fail, fall off, or

seize on a sports bike when giving it the beans!!!! The consequences both to your health and bank balance

would be considerable!!

Nice bike, I suspect you are an experienced rider however it is incredibly dangerous here.

As you will have seen by comments on this thread (you can hire a bike any bike without a licence)some of these guys are riding around Pattaya today !!! some will have been drinking heavily. They have no comprehension of stopping distance or any other necessary biking skills.

Google “bike accident pattaya” And take a look at the posts a high number of the accidents were not the fault of the rider.

Don’t do it you have a fantastic location at home to enjoy the riding.

Come and enjoy your holiday and go home safe not in a box or wheelchair.

:rolleyes:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

hey thanks for the advice people maybe i will pass on getting a bike as i have just been on youtube and seen a few nastys :(

Big sport bikes are just too much bike for Pattaya. About the only place you can really open them up most days is on 2nd road north of Soi 5 until you hit the Dolphin Roundabout.

95% of the time you'll be doing less than 15 mph due to the traffic congestion. Waste of money.

• 1 month later...

The problem for me is I ride in AUS and after four weeks I get the bug to ride again and the 135 auto nouvo just doesnt have enough balls so I usually end up renting a sportsbike for about 3-4 days. Nothing beats taking it up Sukhumvit as you can really open the bitch up and kill that urge....not kill yourself. I found a guy at soi 13/4 today who would do a 600 either CBR or R6 for 800TB a day or 1000 CBR or R1 for 1000TB a day....for three or more days. He said he would go lower if the rent was for 1 week or more. Not bad prices and all the bikes I looked at had around 5k on the clock. They were also 2010 and 2011 models.

My drama is handing over the passport which is the reason I didnt get one. After speaking to the guy he said a year or so ago some dude rented an R1 - smashed it to bits and left it on the side of the road then flew home. Since then they all ask for your passport so they know you have to come back. That does suck alot as I used to rent a sportsbike every year I have been coming here just with a copy of my passport. Typical - one major stupid dickhead ruins it for the rest of us. The guy I used to rent from with a copy of my passport was on beach road just outside soi 13/4....just before the jewellery joint. He did remember me from last year but still wanted my passport.

I recommend you get a full helmet if you plan to go at speed as the dirt and crap from Suhkumvit is really nasty and those half ass helmets are just not good enough.

Safe riding all.

YZFR6