IGNORED

Investment visa information requested

Mike11

Anyone go the route of an investment visa? What is the best strategy? What documents are required? What is the process? Can it all be done in Pattaya?

I am 47 with a US passport and want to be able to stay in Thailand for extended periods of time without border runs. I have read that an investment in real estate in a designated investment area or a government savings/investment instrument or a combination of both is necessary and the numbers I have seen are either 3 million Baht or 10 million Baht in a 1 time deposit in a Thai bank.

Your comments are appreciated.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

This site is more up to date and the firm is well regarded. http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/Thailand-Investment-Visa.php

All you get is a year and the investment has to have existed 3 years. Since you can get an O or O-A for 800,000 baht in the bank this hardly sounds like a deal.

I guess the only valid reason for this vs. an O is if you are under 50.

Edited by ricktoronto

just read the info, i am 35 and tired of visa runs but no intention of getting married. how trusted are the banks i you deposit 10 mil.. ok uk banks not so good either, but it does seem alot for just a 1 year visa......

Border run it is... i think..

It is a minefield.

I came over on a visa, then switched to ED (Education visa to learn Thai) but that lasts 3 years.

They quote, up to 10 years, but that is BS, as 3 years max in any one subject.

A bit of a bugger, as I am not old enough to get a retirement visa.

I have many years to go until 50.....