IGNORED

Royal Asia Paradise

mikrob73

Have made a preliminary reservation in Royal Asia Paradise, sukhumwit road, BKK, someone stayed there before?

Looks good online but info would be great.

Regards

Mike

Have made a preliminary reservation in Royal Asia Paradise, sukhumwit road, BKK, someone stayed there before?

Regards

Mike

Last February I was desperate to find something in Bangkok on short notice so payed for 3 nights on

some website. I stayed in the Junior suite as their description suggested free wifi was included, and it was

anly 2 or 300 baht more than the regular rooms. upon checkin I find out no wifi in the junior but next

level (suite) up so this becomes the 1st sign of how they nickle and dime you after you checkin.BTW, I paid

around 1500 per night for the suite.

No bottles of water unless you pay, no breakfast included and I overheard a few people complaining as I would

leave my key at the front desk or while I was waiting for the tuk tuk to avoid the 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit.

Aside from these complaints the room was very nice even though i'd never go for the suite again since I had

no use for the extra room, it was really only for sitting in since the TV was in the bedroom. Forgot to mention

I had MAJOR problems with the access card/door lock mechanism, i'd be standing in the hall for 5 minutes at

times trying to get the damn thing to unlock, really frustating.

It's all the way almost at the end of soi 8 so the girls I brought usually wanted to use the hotels free tuk tuk

which picks you up at the side street going to lolitas.

For the 1200 or 1300 baht rooms this hotel isn't worth staying at unless nothing else is available. The location is too far

from everything and I usually stay in much cheaper places and didn't find it to be a good value for the baht.

Hope this helps..

The room

IMG_0307z.jpg

nice views from the junior suite

IMG_0292z.jpg

Edited by kw59

Thanks for the info, i'll probably look for another one :wacko:

It's only for 4 nights so i'd like something fancy but within that price range 1500-2000.

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Mike

KINDA OLD AND DUMPY, PLAIN BREAKFAST FARE (MUST PAY), LONG WALK FROM SUK.

MAIN ATTRACTION IS CHEAP

• 2 months later...

Its a great place to stay if you want or need two bedrooms.

The bedrooms were very spacious and at opposite sides of the living room so no noise from the other room.

We always went for breakfast at the white house further down the road a great place owned by an Aus.

We will probably stay there again next April as having the two bedrooms is cheaper than two separate rooms.

The tailor at the hotel is great had some fantastic shirts and trousers made up.

i have been going there for years , i like that its down a quiet street but still in the middle of bkk, breakfast is crap but the rooms are cheap and last year they installed safes in the rooms that you can program the number yourself which for me is a big plus as you dont have to wait at reception for your safety box and can get cash whenever you need it , pool is small and the place is old , but its clean and cheap , i usually stay next door at royal asia lodge but its the same hotel , best to book over the internet as 1 it is cheaper and 2 it can get full up address is www.royalasialodge.com hope this has helped

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Stayed there once a few years ago - room was OK - breakfast was an experience - regular bacon, eggs, toast, juice, coffee, etc - was served like it was a 10 course meal - with everything being served separately. Restaurant was upstairs and kitchen was in the basement with a dumbwaiter/lift to move the food. We just laughed as it was too sad to cry.

The hotel is way in Soi 8 - but they have a free Tuk-Tuk to get you to and from Sukhumvit - at least - that is how it was a few years back

Royal Asia