IGNORED

Cell phone sim cards

Hunter Rose

I was curious about the prepaid cellphone syms. Which brand is best to get and allow access to Internet through iPhones, Blackberrys, etc.

I always use DTAC "Happy" sim package for tourists. Don't know if they're the cheapest but I find them good: very good network, decent 3G speed for smartphones and convenient (you can top them up at any 7/11).

I always use DTAC "Happy" sim package for tourists. Don't know if they're the cheapest but I find them good: very good network, decent 3G speed for smartphones and convenient (you can top them up at any 7/11).

I use an unlocked iPhone. Do u know if the Internet will work automatically or do u need to enter an APN, username and password

I had an unlocked iPhone last year and the 3G Internet worked automatically with the DTAC Happy sim just like it does with my carrier back home :)

I use an unlocked iPhone. Do u know if the Internet will work automatically or do u need to enter an APN, username and password

You may need to configure the phone to connect. If you contact the carrier they will send you an SMS with the configuration details. You just select save and everything is good to go.

To answer the OP's question either Dtac or One-2-Call will do the trick.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I had an unlocked iPhone last year and the 3G Internet worked automatically with the DTAC Happy sim just like it does with my carrier back home :)

I don't think they have 3G extensively (if at all) in Pattaya yet.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have been looking into it. TrueMove looks the goods if you want real 3G.

See here

The 599 package looks good for bring your own Iphone.

I don't think they have 3G extensively (if at all) in Pattaya yet.

I was able to check my mail and websites on Second Rd and on the beach Jomtien last August: that I remember well because I had to check Google maps to find a particular soi. It wasn't fast nor cheap but it worked well.