IGNORED

best of the cheaper places to stay

tobeornottobe

What are the best of the cheaper places to stay in pattaya?

Siam Guest houst in Soi 12 and second. Free Wi-Fi and just 600 per night. No joiners fee and right in the middle of the action.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

since when is 600 cheap?

below 300 is cheap

for example nirun condo 4500 / month equal 150/day

since when is 600 cheap?

below 300 is cheap

for example nirun condo 4500 / month equal 150/day

In Nirun condo you have to add electricity, water, cleaning fees, internet wifi. So how much more is it ?

i think Rcon in soi buakuow is cheap at 600 p/night. and also Nature View is good too at 800 per night..

IMO Canterbury Tales is a top budget accommodation option.

I have cut and pasted a review for your perusal.

If you wish to spend a little more and stay in an apartment in a condo with a pool up on Buddha Hill send me a PM.

JDM

REVIEW

What Kind of hotel Is It?

It’s a guest house. Small and family run. There aren’t that many rooms and they are scattered over three buildings (now—was only two buildings when I went). You get a key to the building and a key to your room. As refurbished rooms in existing buildings, all the rooms are slightly different. They have different prices depending on whether they’re large or small. The walls are a little dirty, the paint peeling a little in spots. No elevators (lifts). The “lobby” if you want to call it that, is basically just the cash register of the book store/restaurant. It’s only open from about 8 AM to 8 PM. There is an emergency phone number for after hours use. I think you get Keith who lives in one of the rooms himself. There is no joiner fee. There is no receptionist to check a girl’s ID. There is no one to see you enter or leave, though I think there are some cameras somewhere, they will be for after the fact viewing, not continual surveillance. (Well, the ground floor of building B, where I stayed is a [legit, I think] massage parlor and the girls are usually sitting out front from maybe 10 AM to 10 PM and they’d see you. But they’re cool.)

Where Is It

On Soi Chaiyapoon, a few steps East of Buakow, more or less across Buakow from Soi Diana Inn. Very convenient to the LK Metro area. There are Baht busses running in both directions on Buakow, so it’s also easy to get around town. Several Family Marts and 7-11’s almost next door. Plenty of restaurants in the area. It’s a straight run down Diana to Mike’s Mall. Lolita’s and Devil’s Den are 2 minutes away. Take Chaiyapoon East up to 3rd road and there’s Xyte (not sure what it is, but it gets mentioned a lot) and, though I never went there, the Bliss BJ place (Lolita’s was fine for me, and even closer). Oasis go go is on the corner, Champaign is close, and I hear a new go go The Office has opened since I was there.

Making a reservation

I do recommend a reservation as even in Low Season Canterbury Tales seems to be fairly well booked up in advance. You can’t actually make a reservation on their web site. You can see plenty of photos of the rooms and get a little information on which rooms are available. However, what you really have to do is contact Dave. You can leave a message on one of the topics here on PA, or send him a PM but eventually you’ll want to send an e-mail directly with specific dates and preferences. Dave will let you know if he can fit you in. Then you send a deposit via PayPal. My deposit was 40 Pounds and, even though I don’t have a PayPal account, it was done from my credit card with PayPal as the intermediary. Your deposit may be different, depending on how long you’re going to stay. I don’t think you’ll find this place on any discount hotel site like Agoda. Just go direct.

On Arrival

I e-mailed Dave when I would arrive (on the noon Bell Bus from the airport) and when they dropped me off he was sitting out front at the dining tables with some buddies and greeted me by name. (Not exactly James Bond walking into the lobby of the Peninsula Hong Kong, but a nice touch nevertheless.) Dave’s wife checked me in and Keith took me up to my room and explained what’s what. Not long after checking in, a girl came up with a note saying there was a 500 B deposit for the key. That was kind of trivial compared to the 40 Pound deposit I’d already paid, so I thought maybe it was for walk up business. No, it turns out the key deposit is something separate from the room deposit. I’m not sure why.

The Rooms

All will be slightly different, but furnished similarly I think. I had a large room (6B) with the bedroom separate from a living area. No windows in the bedroom. The ones in the living room had heavy curtains to keep the sunlight out. Between the windows were double doors opening onto a balcony which I never used (I think the balcony had a chair or two out there). Whenever I went back to the room the first thing I’d do was turn on the air conditioner—a wall unit above the balcony doors. It takes a while for the air con to cool the room down (they request, reasonably, that you turn the air con off when you’re not in the room) but there was a couch which the fairly powerful air con fan blew on directly. If you sit on the couch you cool off fast, regardless of the rest of the room. I either cooled off on the couch immediately, or took a shower then cooled off on the couch. The remote for the air con has a temperature setting but, as far as I know, it never got down to where I set it. The entrance to the bedroom is behind the couch and the bedroom doesn’t cool down as much as the living room, but it has a wall mounted swivel fan which does an OK job. I think there’s a curtain to close off the bedroom, but I never used it.

Furnishing in the living room:

The couch. Not quite long enough to lay down without hanging your feet off the end. This is where I spent most of my time in the room when not in bed (watching TV, reading, relaxing).

A leather recliner, didn’t sit in it much, usually on the couch.

Fairly large TV (27”maybe?) with cable or satellite. 60 or so channels, plenty in English. If I used it I watched either movies or Fox News. Not flat screen, but the room is so large it doesn’t matter. It’s on a wheeled cart so you can move it and point it where you like.

Also a DVD player. I think you can borrow DVD’s but I never bothered so I didn’t try it out.

Wall mounted safe, set to work with a key instead of a combination.

A small dining table with two chairs where you can eat or examine maps or whatever.

A large refrigerator which was great—I put a 6 liter bottle of water in it. It kept things very cold. No minibar (which is a rip off anyway) so just fill up the fridge with what you like.

A tea/coffee maker which I didn’t use.

A few mugs which I did use.

A small vanity/mirror with some items for purchase (toothbrush, condoms, etc.)

A wall mounted clock (not working—dead battery).

Books.

Nothing matches. The rooms look like they’ve been decorated from a flea market. But, hey, I don’t have anything at home that matches either, so it was fine by me. This is not a cookie cutter hotel chain.

The bedroom:

As large as some Hong Kong rooms in total.

A large wardrobe for your clothes, if you’re there long enough to not want to live out of a suitcase.

A wall mounted swivel fan.

A ceiling light and a lamp on top of the wardrobe. Neither in a good place to read in bed, but any reading I did was on the couch in the living room.

Underneath the bed sheet was a sheet of plastic, like you’d put on a kid’s bed if you’re worried he’s going to pee (or in the US, in an Asian massage parlor). Not the greatest for comfort, but I can see why it’s used in Pattaya. The rest of the bedding consisted of a silk(?) bedspread. No upper sheet or blanket, but given the weather, those aren’t necessary. If you bring back a shy girl, she won’t have much to cover herself with. 555

The Bathroom:

Not very large. Toilet in the back, complete with an Asian ass sprayer. The back is elevated a few inches because the front 2/3 of the bathroom is effectively the shower. There’s a hand held shower hose and spray mounted on the wall near the bathroom door. There’s a small ledge at the door to keep water from running out into the living room. The drain is on the floor under the sink. (The floor is not quite slanted enough and can leave a puddle in front of the toilet unless you kind of kick the water over to the drain.) There’s a small glass shelf above the sink (which I kept banging my head on when I leaned over to brush my teeth or wash my face) and a mirror above that. The towel rack is on the wall opposite the sink but I never put my towels there for fear they’d just get soaked when I showered. I hung them on a Thai statue outside the bathroom door (if the statue is religious, I’m probably cursed for blasphemy or something). There’s an instant hot water box mounted on the wall next to the shower hose, but I turned it off—I always wanted as cold a shower as I could get, given the heat and humidity outside.

Housekeeping

The rooms are cleaned every other day (they forgot once, but showed up very quickly the next day when I mentioned it). You get two large fluffy towels and one small kind of dirty towel. I’m not sure what the small one’s for—I always put it at the base of the room door to help the aircon cool things better. I think you can get the room cleaned more often for a small fee if, for example, you bring back company.

There is no phone. If you need to call the after hours emergency number you’ll need your own. Also no alarm clock. If you need to get up in the morning better bring your own, because you’ll not be getting a wake up call either.

There is a karaoke place down the street that sometimes has loud music at night. I could hear the drums faintly in the living room, but not in the bedroom (which does not have an outside wall or window) so it did not disturb my sleep.

Although I saw the occasional flying insect (a mosquito or two maybe) as far as I could tell, the room was bug free.

The Café:

On the ground floor of the A building (across the street from the B building where I stayed) is the bookstore and Café. I ate breakfast there many times. I always had the same one—two eggs any style, bacon (mostly meat, unlike American bacon which is mostly fat) a spicy sausage, a thick piece of toast with butter and jam, beans a slice of tomato, coffee or tea and orange “juice.” (I’m not sure it was ever on a tree.) 90 Baht. Very good breakfast at a good price. But, better than the breakfast was the company. I was down there once around 8AM waiting for a tour bus and no one was around, but from about 11 AM to12 or 1 there will be a group of ex-pats hanging out (mostly British I think; I met one American). Usually Dave, often Keith, and 5-10 other guys depending on the day. They have breakfast and conversation and were valuable resources for a first time visitor such as myself. When I wanted to know where something was or how to get somewhere they were very helpful. They have a full menu for lunch and dinner as well, but I never tried it. I was usually off somewhere else during the day.

Checking Out:

I had a very early flight out of Thailand. So I spent my last two nights elsewhere. Canterbury Tales is not open around the clock. I could have called the “emergency” number to check out (though I didn’t have a phone with me) or made other arrangements, but I didn’t have the heart to ask someone to get up at 3 in the morning just to check me out. But they would have done it if I asked. So I checked out at breakfast, Dave’s wife went over my bill, my two deposits, my PA discount (thank you for that) and accepted my payment (Thai Baht, no credit cards). The amount you are quoted is exactly what you pay, no extra tourist tax or VAT or service charge, etc.

Final Evaluation:

My attempt to be as detailed and accurate as possible might make this review look like a list of nitpicky complaints. That is not how I intend it. I repeat my summary from the beginning—I enjoyed my visit and would stay at Canterbury Tales again. I recommend it to you. It’s not the Hilton, but you’re not paying like it’s the Hilton. It’s a large room for a small price. It had what I considered the necessities: Air con, shower, safe, Cable TV, fridge, quiet, bug free, girl friendly. The rest is trivial and the breakfast was the icing on the cake.

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I will recommend LK-Mansion

located at the end of soi bukhao to Pattaya klang.

hotel with weekly and monthly rates.

Promotion Rate (Weekly)

Rate List

THB 643.00

Promotion Rate (30 Days)

THB 500.00

If you want a cheaper place check out

Lk-livingplace on the same site.

Passed Robins Nestaurant at the back end of May and they were advertising rooms for B390. Great deal.

Passed Robins Nestaurant at the back end of May and they were advertising rooms for B390. Great deal.

That sounds good to me.But how much is it in the high seasson???

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Best and cheapest, so a mix.

If you want a cheaper place check out

Lk-livingplace on the same site.

LK-Living place is cheap, but has building works next to it, going on all day.

Ok, if you do not mind noise.

Edited by GorGuy

Morning all,

Ialways seem to end up in soi 7&8 the hotels and bb are right in the middle of it all great drinking area, baht bus on either end. You have ann jets for about 550bht the pig 750-900bht all the eastny joints and flipper lodge at 850bht with promo on all the time.

It kind of swings in round abouts you get a place futher out for 400bht need a baht bus or bike taxi twice a day the price starts to creep up. I say stay at home for one month extra and live like a king whilst your on holiday.

All the best

F1 rich

Ps whats the vault like :Dance1:

We have rooms that work out at 300/350 per night if booked on a monthly

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I dont know about Best AND Cheapest, but there are plenty of studios for rent from around 5000 per month. Just use your best friend. :GoldenSmile1: ( google )

Any comment is welcomed.

Think about "Super Guesthouse". It's located at Soi Buakhao, next to the Tuesday and Friday Big Market and opposite to Marin Place hotel. I don't know if my guesthouse is one of the cheapest and the best. We have rooms from 8,000 Baht to 11,000 Baht (all inclusive) a month for low season. My website is www.pattayasuper.com.

If any of you tried before and found anything no good, please let me know.

Third Road, between Soi 10 and 12,( 5 minutes walking for Soi Bukhaow), R-Con Place( another one) amazing prices : 400 ThB a day, 2.800 ThB a month?! (+ water and electricity)

Any comment is welcomed.

your website links to a visa for thailand site :(

Man...places sexual intercourse far & away above all other joys...he will risk life, reputation, everything...to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax." - Mark Twain

Irish Rover

Edited by NOKSUKOU

Man...places sexual intercourse far & away above all other joys...he will risk life, reputation, everything...to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax." - Mark Twain