IGNORED

AA Pattaya Hotel review

Chiyonosake

Hello, this is my first review, so bear with me. I stayed here in early March 2011. The AA Pattaya hotel is located on soi 13, which I found to be a really great location. About the same distance for Soi 7 and Walking Street. It is about 50 or 60 feet from Beach Road, with 7-11 and Starbucks only a minutes walk away. It is pretty centrally located, but in a spot that isn't crazy and loud all night long. I really liked this hotel. The staff were great, my friend and I made friends with the door men and they were always good for a laugh or to point you in the right direction. There was a really nice lady in the lobby that would set up taxi rides and tourist trips to anywhere you wanted to go. She had brochures for all the attractions at her desk, and all we had to do was tell her what we wanted to do and she would set it up for us. They didn't hassle us about joiners, but if you had more than one they did want a 500 baht fee for the second. Not too bad as we never brought more than one joiner each back at any given time. The rooms were pretty standard, but clean and the maid service was always great. The only bad thing I can say is that there was no safe in the room, although they have safe deposit boxes at the front desk. All in all I was happy with this hotel and would stay there again. I hope this helps someone, as I know on my first trip the hotel situation was the most nerve racking to decide upon. Eventually I just went with no reservations and found this hotel when I got there. I stayed here most of my trip, I tried the P.enthouse hotel for a few day which I will review later. Thanks for reading.

IMAG0760.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0878.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

IMAG1240.jpg

IMAG1242.jpg

IMAG1243.jpg

IMAG1249.jpg

IMAG1250.jpg

Edited by Chiyonosake

Thanks for the review mate.

Do they have in room wifi?

Unfortunately, they don't have wi-fi. I totally forgot to mention this because although I did take my laptop with me, I never did find time to open it up. Even when I stayed at another hotel that did have wi-fi, I only used my computer once. I was way too busy with the girls to bother.

I stayed here in early March 2011. The AA Pattaya Hotel is located on soi 13, which I found to be a really great location …

This place sounds like a suitable choice, but could you also say something about the room rates?

I used to stay at the AA when I went to Pattaya about 7-8 years ago. Stayed 3 times I think. But eventually I got sick of the shitty rooms, and have always stayed in nicer places since then. And that has really improved the quality of my vacations. So AA never again for me.

Sorry, I paid 1200 baht per night. I also had no reservations. So, it may be possible to get a better deal through Agoda or another site like that.

The rooms are very standard. Nothing special at this hotel. I just liked the location and the staff, and wasn't too concerned with having a spectacular room. If I wanted something really nice I would have stayed at the Hilton

Couldn't agree more with Reacherj; it really is a shitty place to stay and doesn't look like it's been refurbed for many years. I last stayed here in 2005 and that was only for a couple of nights cos I was waiting for a room to become available at Sandy Spring.

The best thing it has going for it is the location- soi 13 really is a great place to stay as it is close to walking st, on the baht bus routes going north and south and quiet at night so if you do need your shut eye you can actally sleep!

I've stayed at all of the below in previous trips and my top 5 soi 13 hotels would be:

1. Sandy Spring - spacious sea view rooms with large balcony, great staff & nice pool.

2. Dynasty Inn - exceptional value, bit dated but walk-in shower is huge and beds very comfy.

3. Whitehouse Condotel - modern well equipped rooms, dodgy owner/manager with about as much charm as a steaming turd!

4. Inn of the golden crab - basic but spotlessly clean 1 bed apartments with low rates for stays of 1 week plus. Small pool.

5. AA Pattaya - seen better short time hotels!

Sandy Spring has it's faults but if you want to stay on soi13, this place is a clear winner!!!

Couldn't agree more with Reacherj; it really is a shitty place to stay and doesn't look like it's been refurbed for many years. I last stayed here in 2005 and that was only for a couple of nights cos I was waiting for a room to become available at Sandy Spring.

The best thing it has going for it is the location- soi 13 really is a great place to stay as it is close to walking st, on the baht bus routes going north and south and quiet at night so if you do need your shut eye you can actally sleep!

I've stayed at all of the below in previous trips and my top 5 soi 13 hotels would be:

1. Sandy Spring - spacious sea view rooms with large balcony, great staff & nice pool.

2. Dynasty Inn - exceptional value, bit dated but walk-in shower is huge and beds very comfy.

3. Whitehouse Condotel - modern well equipped rooms, dodgy owner/manager with about as much charm as a steaming turd!

4. Inn of the golden crab - basic but spotlessly clean 1 bed apartments with low rates for stays of 1 week plus. Small pool.

5. AA Pattaya - seen better short time hotels!

Sandy Spring has it's faults but if you want to stay on soi13, this place is a clear winner!!!

Many thanks for this good advice.Because i think about to change from WS to

an other area who will be more quiet at night,but also in a quick beaten

distance to Soi6 and WS as well.Also easy way to LK Metro and surroundings.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif