IGNORED

Summer transfer thread

kopite

It's that time again! The transfer window is open and there should be lots of movement, especially in England as far as the top 6 clubs are concerned. Going by recent comments, Tevez will leave City, Nasri want's to leave the gooners, perhaps to Utd, Ashley Young looks set to go to the utd and Alexis Sanchez looks like he is headed for Barca.

As for Liverpool I think they are gonna be signing some good young English talent and I couldn't be more happy. I reckon we will end up signing Jordan Henderson, Conor Wickham, Phil Jones. I've also heard Stewart Downing/Juan Mata and Charlie Adam are still on Kenny's list. But I think Kenny will first get Henderson and Jones sorted before he moved onto the rest.

It's that time again! The transfer window is open and there should be lots of movement, especially in England as far as the top 6 clubs are concerned. Going by recent comments, Tevez will leave City, Nasri want's to leave the gooners, perhaps to Utd, Ashley Young looks set to go to the utd and Alexis Sanchez looks like he is headed for Barca.

As for Liverpool I think they are gonna be signing some good young English talent and I couldn't be more happy. I reckon we will end up signing Jordan Henderson, Conor Wickham, Phil Jones. I've also heard Stewart Downing/Juan Mata and Charlie Adam are still on Kenny's list. But I think Kenny will first get Henderson and Jones sorted before he moved onto the rest.

seen henderson a few times not been over impressed,reckon kenny could do a lot worst than go for gary cahill really rate this lad,also pato of ac milan if he,s available,danny sturridge would be a steal at 8m at todays prices,20 goal a season lad waiting to happen.

After losing out on Jones (who's move has stalled lol) I reckon they will try go for Lovren or Scott Dann. I think Cahill is a bit overated IMO, but a solid player still. Pato is a quality player but would cost too much, not that I don't think FSG could afford it, but these fecking foreign players end up moaning after a year here about the weather, this and that. Look at Robinho and Tevez.. I rest my case.

I used to rate Sturridge when he was at City but he's become a bit of a sicknote. Next big strikers for England will be Welbeck and Wickham. I think we will have Wickham done and dusted by next week, fingers crossed.

rumour has it that jones medical hasnt gone according to plan,the big boys have moved early in this window and arsenal seem to be more worried about players leaving than making additions unless mr wenger has a cunning plan.i expect villa to appoint mark hughes on july 1st he cant talk to anyone till then.at some point city and chelsea will get involved and a lot of money could be spent over next couple of months,havent heard if the mother club are going to cherrypick any of evertons players yet but surely wes brown must be due a trip down the m62.

After losing out on Jones (who's move has stalled lol) I reckon they will try go for Lovren or Scott Dann. I think Cahill is a bit overated IMO, but a solid player still. Pato is a quality player but would cost too much, not that I don't think FSG could afford it, but these fecking foreign players end up moaning after a year here about the weather, this and that. Look at Robinho and Tevez.. I rest my case.

I used to rate Sturridge when he was at City but he's become a bit of a sicknote. Next big strikers for England will be Welbeck and Wickham. I think we will have Wickham done and dusted by next week, fingers crossed.

don,t rate welbeck 1 bit,wickham not seen enough of him,don,t understand sturridge sick note bit chelsea ain,t giving him a chance for that over rated striker they bought off you,

Torres isn't overated. He is still probably the best out and out striker in the world right now, but he has lost a yard of pace due to injuries. However the reason he has flopped at Chelsea is that they don't know how to play him to his strengths. At Liverpool he had the likes of Kuyt and Gerrard always tracking back for him, creating space for him. At Chelsea the likes of Drogba, Malouda & Lampard all just want to get forward and don't make the same sacrifices that were made for him at Liverpool.

Still though, 50mil was a nice piece of business. As for Sturridge not getting a chance, well I can't see any young player getting a chance there whilst Abramovich is in charge. He wants instant success so naturally only wants established players week in week out. I suppose in a way it's a bit of a double edged sword having all that money yet going through all those managers and still after all this time they don't even have a decent bunch of youngsters coming through.

Edited by kopite

kopite,i think josh mceachran is a fine prospect he,s only 18 and i really rate the lad any other club he would be getting games ,like you say chelsea don,t seem to like giving young lads a chance.

Agreed he is a decent player, seen him play a few times myself. But after ploughing near enough half a billion into the club you would have expected something resembling La Masia by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you not rate big andy then........

Carroll? Sure I think he will probably end up leading the England front line for the next 10 years. But we won't see the best of him until we get in some proper wingers. We have Henderson, who at least looks like he can cross, and im sure we will get some more. But I think we also need to adapt to him as much as him adapt to us. We were starting to play some nice football under Kenny last season so I hope we don't abandon that for hoof tactics just because we have a big man up front.