IGNORED

Sabi Lodge building works.

operator

Just got back from another great stay in Pattaya for all of May. Stayed at the Sabi Inn again. They have started major works at Sabi Lodge on the Ruen pool area. Namely demolishing the two single storey buildings. See pictures taken from the 2nd floor Sabi Inn. Couldn't really get a definate answer on what they are going to be doing with that space.

The area infront of Welkom Inn and the bear bars on Soi 3 is now a leveled area of about 1 acre at a guess. Apparently it's been bought by the people who own the hotel that looks like a ship at the end of Soi2/3 and a hotel is going to be built there. I do remember a small coffee shop opposite the bear bars. The English owner of one of the bars told me the owners accepted 7 million baht to sell out. My gf told me the whole site cost 400 million baht, not sure if that is true.

Major building work on 2nd road opposite Sabi Resort. They were doing piling work when i was there. Not sure what's going to be built there.

I assume everyone has heard the bars between Soi4 and Soi5 on 2nd road which includes the U-too bar are no more. Soon to be demolished.

From walking around Pattaya the amount of new hotels or serviced appartments being built is amazing.

post-574-0-84671800-1307388374.jpg

post-574-0-07670700-1307388424.jpg

Hi,

I was planning to go on holiday soon near the soi 1 - soi 4 area. Do you think the construction noise will be all over?

Maybe I should find an alternative then.

no wonder they have rooms at the sabai resort 1250 baht a night (superior room).lovely hotel good deal but will be alot of noise all summer long.

no wonder they have rooms at the sabai resort 1250 baht a night (superior room).lovely hotel good deal but will be alot of noise all summer long.

As Sabi Resort is laid so far back from 2nd road i don't think the buiding work opposite should cause much of a problem.

At a guess i would imagine the two buildings demolished at Sabi Lodge will be replaced with multi storey buildings. Perhaps something like the buiding left standing in the pictures.

There certainly is going to be quite a bit of construction work going on in the Soi2 to Soi4 area.