Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Time between arrival and Bell bus

Methos

I arrive on TK 64 @ 8:45am on June 25. Can I make the 10:00am bus or should I reserve the one at 12:00?

I have a few baht left over from last trip so I don't need to change money for the bus and I will have a checked bag. I got through quickly in the past but I usually landed at night. I'm thinking it will be pretty tight but I want to reserve one or the other in case it's busy.

I know about the other bus and of course it has one at 11, but a baht bus to my hotel isn't convenient so I'd rather use Bell.

Well I have landed around 2-30pm and made it thru to the 4pm bell bus but its a hit or miss thing. If you get lots of other flights at the same time immigration might have big queues. They do leave 10 minutes or so late sometimes so that may be a help. At least you dont have to book the other bus so if you miss bell you have another option other than a taxi. good luck and run forest run.

just had a thought.... why not google the airport arrivals information and see how many flights are coming in about the same time as yours. might give you an idea about possible queues.?

Edited by biggles

I think, chances are fair that 75 mins do suffice. Moreover, the busses seem to actually leave the airport some 10-15 mins after the announced time. So showing up at the Bell's pickup spot between 9:55-10:00 still could do it.

Moreover, Bell will take you with the 12:00 bus if you can't make the 10:00 bus (this is how I understand the info on their Web page). So with 75 min to go, I'd reserve for the 10:00 bus.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=2&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xDCDFCA&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta&

&event_time=year:2011;month:6;day:23;hour:18;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=The Pattaya Experiment 2.0&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=false&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

No probs. Unless your plane hits a volcanic ash cloud or something.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I've never used Bell Bus so admit to being ignorant but... How can you possibly travel to Thailand with such budget limitations that you need to use this service and possibly hang around waiting for it ? 1000 Baht for me, pick up and straight to hotel. No brainer ! No ?

I've never used Bell Bus so admit to being ignorant but... How can you possibly travel to Thailand with such budget limitations that you need to use this service and possibly hang around waiting for it ? 1000 Baht for me, pick up and straight to hotel. No brainer ! No ?

Surely everyone's on a budget, just some budgets are bigger than others. I applaud value and good service and the Bell Bus does it everytime.

Surely everyone's on a budget, just some budgets are bigger than others. I applaud value and good service and the Bell Bus does it everytime.

Point taken but what are you saving ? 700 Baht ? 800 Baht ? and you may have to wait around for it !!! Seriously, if you're on holiday why bother ? No offence mate but if I had to worry about saving that sort of money at the expense of losing even 10 minutes of holiday time I'd stay at home.

Point taken but what are you saving ? 700 Baht ? 800 Baht ? and you may have to wait around for it !!! Seriously, if you're on holiday why bother ? No offence mate but if I had to worry about saving that sort of money at the expense of losing even 10 minutes of holiday time I'd stay at home.

I normally stay for 2 months so can afford to 'lose' a little time where necessary; I'm not a bull at a gate! The saving is actually 900 baht when compared to Mr T's excellent service (with tip of course). Then you get an air conditioned bus with toilet facilities. Great value.

I normally stay for 2 months so can afford to 'lose' a little time where necessary; I'm not a bull at a gate! The saving is actually 900 baht when compared to Mr T's excellent service (with tip of course). Then you get an air conditioned bus with toilet facilities. Great value.

Good on you mate, each to his own. I'll stick with my 1000 Baht, air con Camry driver who will carry my bags to the car and stop anywhere on the journey I want. Not that I'm so incontinent at 40 to need toilet facilities on a short journey but a cold beer and a cigarette is nice.

Good on you mate, each to his own. I'll stick with my 1000 Baht, air con Camry driver who will carry my bags to the car and stop anywhere on the journey I want. Not that I'm so incontinent at 40 to need toilet facilities on a short journey but a cold beer and a cigarette is nice.

So you don't stop for a piss half way? (and a fag probably). With me Bell Bus I don't have to!

So you don't stop for a piss half way? (and a fag probably). With me Bell Bus I don't have to!

A piss ? No. A fag and a beer ? Yes ! And I don't have to share breathing space with backpackers who travel half way round the world and need to save 900 Baht when they get there !

A piss ? No.

Yeah right, as if you wouldn't avail yourself at the time of stopping. Sorry, lost any credibility. Chok dee.

I booked the 10am. Ignorant was the right word - IMHO.

Everyone else - thanks for the helpful feedback.

OP, I wouldnt take much notice of the newjack poster, some people just have to big note theselves and their spending habits, putting down everyone else who watches the cash. I also use the bell bus all the time, or the other bus service on the odd hours. I could actually afford to buy a couple of buses but I also like to save when I can and I have l also have plenty of time . !!!

Methos.

I think you will be OK for the Bell bus at this time.

Last time I had the same time difference between flights arriving and getting the bellbus.

Unfortunately because I doubted (like yourself) that I would make it in time I did not book a spot.

As it turned out I arrived with plenty of time BUT I because I did not book ahead of time I missed out.

I instead had to get the next bus and then jump on a motorcycle taxi when I got to Patts.

If you have a booking I think you will be fine.

As for the poster who does not want to waste time so wanted to get to Pattaya straight away but then admits he stops for a drink and a smoke on the way there...talk about contradictions.

Besides all the other great things people have said about the buses the other great thing is the fact that you are dealing with a set price. There is no haggling and getting ripped off etc.

BTW Methos? You must be a Highlander the series fan right?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

If Bell Bus works on the flight ETA, fine, go for it. 1hr 15 should be heaps of time (taking only carry-on bags can save time) if the immigration is chock full of arrivals, try the fast-track/diplomatic just down from the main immigration and play dumb. There is never anyone there (I have APEC card and so get to use it) In this case you will be out of the plane and at the bus within 30 minutes....

Mind you, I always take Mr T taxi hehe. on the return I take the Bell Bus....

• 2 weeks later...

I arrive on TK 64 @ 8:45am on June 25. Can I make the 10:00am bus or should I reserve the one at 12:00?

I have a few baht left over from last trip so I don't need to change money for the bus and I will have a checked bag. I got through quickly in the past but I usually landed at night. I'm thinking it will be pretty tight but I want to reserve one or the other in case it's busy.

I know about the other bus and of course it has one at 11, but a baht bus to my hotel isn't convenient so I'd rather use Bell.

My flight landed at 9:30 this morning - and went to a gate at the farthest end of the terminal. I'd pretty much given up on the 10am bus but since I was in business they gave me a fast-track card for immigration (no line) and my checked bag was one of the first out so I got to the Bell desk at 9:56. I was in my room in Pattaya at 11:45. I still can't believe how quick everything went. 2 h 15 min from wheels down to in my room for 200 baht - can't beat that.

Oh yeah, I was a Highlander TV show fan when I came up with the username - good catch.