IGNORED

visa

Dickyboy1

Ok, So have just booked 2 studio's at the Avenue Residence Soi 15,and paid deposit for a 3 month stay Jan- March, we are 2 pensioners looking to spend more time, other than the usual 1 month holiday.

Now the problem is we want to purchase air tickets, (Emirates) but want to know, What sort of visa do we apply for, can we get 90 day? only the airline might be reluctent to take us if we have a return ticket going and returning in 90 days, with no visa. Any help out there?

you can get a tourist visa, single entry will give you 60 days and then another 1900 baht for a 30 day extension applied for in Jomtien immigration,

• 1 month later...

Get a 90 day visa from Hull. You can apply by post. It's all explained on their website: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

The only option to get more than 60 days would be with a retirement visa. I don't think that is a convenient way to do a 90 day stay. The 60 day tourist visa and 30 day extension is the best option. If you think it will be a little over 90 days (ie a full 3 months) a double entry tourist visa (with one border run) might be a better option.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you are pensioner, you should be able to get a Non-Imm O visa lasting for 3 months by stating that you are interested in the investment in Thailand and showing your bank statements to prove financial ability. But if you may stay longer than 3 months and near 4 months , then it's advisable to get a double tourist visa because it costs you 1,900 Baht to get one month's extension (i.e. up to 3 months) and then spend, say 2,000 Baht, to have a border visa run for 15 days. You are better off by going to the border once and then get another 2 months from the 2nd tourist visa making a total of 4 months. If you still want to stay a bit longer than 4 months, you can get one month's extension from the Immigration Office at Jomtien.

You can get a 90 day visa from Hull without having to do anything other than fill in the very simple form that they provide, regardless of your age, and it doesn't matter if you're retired or not. You don't need to make any false statements and you don't need to provide bank statements. I've applied for 90 day visas from Hull many times in recent years, including 2011, and it couldn't be more straightforward. Just download the application pack, it's as simple as it looks.

If you want to stay 4 months (up to 120 days) I suggest the easiest and most economical way to do that would be to get the 90 day visa and then extend it at an immigration office.

You can get a 90 day visa from Hull without having to do anything other than fill in the very simple form that they provide, regardless of your age, and it doesn't matter if you're retired or not. You don't need to make any false statements and you don't need to provide bank statements. I've applied for 90 day visas from Hull many times in recent years, including 2011, and it couldn't be more straightforward. Just download the application pack, it's as simple as it looks.

If you want to stay 4 months (up to 120 days) I suggest the easiest and most economical way to do that would be to get the 90 day visa and then extend it at an immigration office.

It has been recently reported that this option has now been closed: Whats Happening re "O" Visas

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I agree this is the best way i have done the same at Birmingham consulate still working as far as i know but the free visa period has now finished

I have a thai wife so i can get a Non immigration ;0' multi entry for 1 year

Edited by lockie

I have already stated that "Correct me if I am wrong" because I remember that was what I read from someone's article. In any case, I don't think it will be treated as "false statements" because it's not unusual for pensioners to think about what investment they can be Made in Thailand.

I quoted from pizzaguy "If you want to stay 4 months (up to 120 days) I suggest the easiest and most economical way to do that would be to get the 90 day visa and then extend it at an immigration office."

With due respect, I have never heard that non-imm O for 3 months can be extended for one month. Perhaps, "Scumbag" who is very good at this topic can make some clarification on this point. Otherwise, other readers may get a wrong idea and then make a wrong choice of getting a non-imm O for 3 months rather than 2 double tourist visa if they need to stay up to 4 months in Thailand.

I have already stated that "Correct me if I am wrong" because I remember that was what I read from someone's article. In any case, I don't think it will be treated as "false statements" because it's not unusual for pensioners to think about what investment they can be made in Thailand.

I quoted from pizzaguy "If you want to stay 4 months (up to 120 days) I suggest the easiest and most economical way to do that would be to get the 90 day visa and then extend it at an immigration office."

With due respect, I have never heard that non-imm O for 3 months can be extended for one month. Perhaps, "Scumbag" who is very good at this topic can make some clarification on this point. Otherwise, other readers may get a wrong idea and then make a wrong choice of getting a non-imm O for 3 months rather than 2 double tourist visa if they need to stay up to 4 months in Thailand.

I have never tried to extend one. However, every visa I have had have been stamped that any extension is not permitted.

My friend wants to stay for 9 months. He is over 50 and retired but with no pension. He can however provide a statement showing funds of about 10,000 pounds.Would he be eligible for a non immigrant o visa with multiple entries ? Or would he need to get a 3 entry tourist visa and extend those entries ? And how much is a basic visa run at the moment ?

Thanks....

To Thaibutch

For getting a non-imm O visa with multiple entries lasting for 1 year, I don't think he needs to prove he receives pension. As many members have pointed out before, it is still easy to non-imm O visa from the Thai Consulate at Hull or Birmingham. Personally, if he shows his bank statement, it should be even easier to get that visa especially when he's over 50 and I have seen many British in Pattaya who have got that visa without any problem. So, he should not worry at all. When he gets that visa, he needs to go to Cambodia for day trip in order to use the visa for the 2nd time and 3rd time. I am sure this option is better than getting 3 tourist visas because for this visa, he needs to go to Immigration Office for 3 times spending 1,900 Baht each time and he also needs to go to Cambodia twice.

Thanks for the interesting reply's, if i go for the 60 day visa, and extend this by 30 days in Patts, would my airline (iv'e already booked) require the return leg to be within the 60 day visa? Sounds complicated.. PS how can anyone plan a trip, without looking up Pattaya Addicts? Good advice for everyone. Cheers. :001_Thank_You5:

Thanks superconsult. He's going for the non imm visa. Will let you know how he gets on.

Thanks for the interesting reply's, if i go for the 60 day visa, and extend this by 30 days in Patts, would my airline (iv'e already booked) require the return leg to be within the 60 day visa?

No, the "must have a return ticket" requirement is only when arriving without a visa.

My friend wants to stay for 9 months. He is over 50 and retired but with no pension. He can however provide a statement showing funds of about 10,000 pounds.Would he be eligible for a non immigrant o visa with multiple entries ? Or would he need to get a 3 entry tourist visa and extend those entries ? And how much is a basic visa run at the moment ?

Thanks....

If your friend comes to Thailand with just a single-entry tourist visa, which are the easiest to get, he can see a visa agent here and within 24 hours turn that into a Non-Imm O retirement visa good for over 12 months with multiple re-entries. I did this a couple of months ago, it cost me 25,000Bt and I had to show 80,000 THB in a Thai bank account. IMO it's much easier to sort out and obtain these long-term visas from inside the country.

If your friend comes to Thailand with just a single-entry tourist visa, which are the easiest to get, he can see a visa agent here and within 24 hours turn that into a Non-Imm O retirement visa good for over 12 months with multiple re-entries. I did this a couple of months ago, it cost me 25,000Bt and I had to show 80,000 THB in a Thai bank account. IMO it's much easier to sort out and obtain these long-term visas from inside the country.

I believe that getting retirement visa in your home country is very easy (if you fit the requirements) and costs a lot less than 25000 Baht.