IGNORED

House for sale

Bagwan

very nice mate. would love to buy it but havent got the funds as yet, can i give you the 95 baht now and the rest when i have it :GoldenSmile1: .. by the way, whats a million baht in english money? see u september pal.

Hello,

One million is equal to 33000 US$. By the way what does it mean Company Own? Isn't it dangerous to buy such a property?

very nice mate. would love to buy it but havent got the funds as yet, can i give you the 95 baht now and the rest when i have it :GoldenSmile1: .. by the way, whats a million baht in english money? see u september pal.

Hello,

One million is equal to 33000 US$. By the way what does it mean Company Own? Isn't it dangerous to buy such a property?

Hello,

Hello,

thanks for the reply, still dont know how much a million baht is in english money though :D

thanks for the reply, still dont know how much a million baht is in english money though :D

Red

20,483 pounds

Red

20,483 pounds

very precise, thanks murtle. i am off to rob a bank lol

very precise, thanks murtle. i am off to rob a bank lol

Get a few extra pounds Red in case the pound falls any more

Get a few extra pounds Red in case the pound falls any more

He's stupid to rob a bank murtle...bloody Notherners.

No , in fact the farang can only own 49% of the shares , the other 51% has to stay in Thai name .

This is formality as there's a clausule that you're the director and the only one in title that can sign

for selling or changing something in the company .

Make shore you pick the lawyer to do the contract and not the bargirl you just met as it's not shore

you gonna end up as the director of the company that way .

This setup doesn't sound very appealing . Who is the the Thai with 51% if you are single and have no plans to have

a Thai wife/girlfriend ?

This setup doesn't sound very appealing . Who is the the Thai with 51% if you are single and have no plans to have

a Thai wife/girlfriend ?

You need at least 2 Thai shareholders for the 51% shares you can't own .

As said before it's not really important who they are as they can't stop you from selling .

Last time i heard from a friend the lawyer used 2 of his office girls as shareholders .

Easy if you wanna sell the company again and the new buyer wants to change the names of the

shareholders as the former shareholders have to sign to take them out of the company in this

case .

Pro's , for the company route are ,

1 .You don't have to go to the landoffice and pay +/- 7% tax ( 2 x , buy and sell ) .

2 .The paperwork can be done very quickly and it's cheap ( last time i paid 9000 baht all in

and usually you share this 50% with the buyer/seller ) .

Downpoint ,

1. You need to do a balance sheet every year and it will cost you about 10/15K a year .

It's in fact nothing more than changing the names in the paperwork so the company get's a new director .

But as said before make shore you can trust the lawyer as all paperwork is in Thai . You won't be the

first one that finds out the hard way that the house is after the transaction not in your name but in

name of a Thai 'friend' of your so called 'lawyer' .

Chok dee .

You need at least 2 Thai shareholders for the 51% shares you can't own .

As said before it's not really important who they are as they can't stop you from selling .

Last time i heard from a friend the lawyer used 2 of his office girls as shareholders .

Easy if you wanna sell the company again and the new buyer wants to change the names of the

shareholders as the former shareholders have to sign to take them out of the company in this

case .

Pro's , for the company route are ,

1 .You don't have to go to the landoffice and pay +/- 7% tax ( 2 x , buy and sell ) .

2 .The paperwork can be done very quickly and it's cheap ( last time i paid 9000 baht all in

and usually you share this 50% with the buyer/seller ) .

Downpoint ,

1. You need to do a balance sheet every year and it will cost you about 10/15K a year .

It's in fact nothing more than changing the names in the paperwork so the company get's a new director .

But as said before make shore you can trust the lawyer as all paperwork is in Thai . You won't be the

first one that finds out the hard way that the house is after the transaction not in your name but in

name of a Thai 'friend' of your so called 'lawyer' .

Chok dee .

Thx for the info Jerry . If I decide to buy a house it would be a few years in the future so it's good to know as many of the "wrinkles" as possible before hand .

It is nice but when I looked the map I noticed the house is very far from beach and fun area!!

It is nice but when I looked the map I noticed the house is very far from beach and fun area!!

I live 1km from this house further on, it takes me 10 minutes to get to Walking Street and same to the beach by bike if that helps.

Archived