IGNORED

AIDS risk in Pattaya with bargirls

sherryduets

Maybe it would be best not to go with bar girls and just get soapy massages?

It would be more expensive but from what I know (not a lot as just 1 experience but it was the only girl who actually had condoms when I was there) there's more chance a condom being used, less time with the girl so less chance of a mistake.

Basically I think the whole system in Thailand leaves you open to barebacking at some point. You will shag the girl a good few times - you'll start off using condoms but there's more a chance of a condom break or slip up the longer you're with her.

Then you have the problem of staying with a girl for a few days, which I did, you end up semi believing them saying that they're clean - very bloody stupid I know but shagging girls for half an hour only will never result in that situation arising

I think I got it on my first night - used condoms all night then had a moment of madness - stuck it in in the morning for a few secs.

The odds are way on your side that you'll be fine. It's pretty common to catch something (other then HIV) in LOS or on the airplane ride back home.

I understand your concern but maybe you should wait for the test results to come in before saying that your sure you've caught it.

We will never know how many BMs/girls caught HIV while doing the deed in Thailand, PP, AC etc.

It's bad business and very difficult to prove unless you barebacked only once then tested positive

after. So do the smart thing and always wear a condom. Girls perform oral without a condom very

frequently, and anal sex is not unheard of either. Some have bad habits outside the work environment,

like drugs, and not limited to slimy boyfriends who not only may be carriers of STDs and worse: read AIDS.

I am not trying be a scare monger or ultra conservative relgious nut telling you get what you deserve by

being a monger. I don't believe that. But if you're going to do it, protect yourself, the girls and fellow mongers.

The life you save may not only be your own.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

I think I got it on my first night - used condoms all night then had a moment of madness - stuck it in in the morning for a few secs.

I then read a web-site that was misleading saying chances of getting it 1/2000 and had a few times of unprotected (just a moment each time) in another girl days later.

I believe the chances of getting it in Thailand are greater plus if she has an STD which the first girl had then it is much easier transmitted.

The girl who I think I got it from worked in Honeypot Club, the other girl was in Soi 6 - I took the 2nd to the hospital and she tested clean for everything, whilst I had chlamydia, which is why I think it was the first girl

It's a primal urge not to use a condom I think, which makes it dangerous. In Britain you could shag hundreds of prostitutes and get nothing as they will also make sure you've got a condom on, policing it yourself isn't quite so easy, especially after drinks.

I wish they had good education for the bar girls then I and others wouldn't be in this predicament.

This is very misleading. I have just read in another post that you made on a different thread that you have not contracted HIV, just concerned that you might have.

I can understand that you are worried because you had a little bare-back experience but don't you think you would be better off taking a test before adopting this misleading, "poor me" attitude?

You have even named a bar as being the source of your "infection"

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I didn't mean to mislead, sorry, I said I think I got it and the reason I think I've got it is because I've had fairly specific symptoms such as neuropathy, a massive reaction to insect bites and fever.

If I don't have it I will be delighted. I believe I did get chlamydia from a girl in the Honeypot Club. Whatever, I have contacted her since and she says 'me no HIV, me only go men long time'.

I then said 'you no HIV then me no HIV' to which she said 'sorry'

I am preparing myself for the worst but will be double delighted if it's anything else. MS or Lyme disease are 2 of the only other conditions causing similar symptoms to the ones I've had, which aren't simply 'flu symptoms'

If I did have flu symptoms I could at least hope I had just caught a bug. Again, sorry if I've jumped the gun, I didn't mean to mislead.

I didn't mean to mislead, sorry, I said I think I got it and the reason I think I've got it is because I've had fairly specific symptoms such as neuropathy, a massive reaction to insect bites and fever.

If I don't have it I will be delighted. I believe I did get chlamydia from a girl in the Honeypot Club. Whatever, I have contacted her since and she says 'me no HIV, me only go men long time'.

I am preparing myself for the worst but will be double delighted if it's anything else. MS or Lyme disease are 2 of the only other conditions causing similar symptoms to the ones I've had, which aren't simply 'flu symptoms'

If I did have flu symptoms I could at least hope I had just caught a bug. Again, sorry if I've jumped the gun, I didn't mean to mislead.

Please be careful about what you write on this topic. There would be no advantage to false rumours starting about "The Honeypot" which is, as far as I am aware, a fine place.

That's the problem with HIV infection, almost anything could be mistaken for early symptoms. Good luck with the test. :D

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if unlucky1 has gotten a test and how it came out. About a month ago I stopped mongering for various reasons. The biggest of all is fear of HIV. It just suddenly hit me how incredibly risky mongering is, even with a condom. I will be the last person to tell anyone what to do with their life or argue about statistics but for me I refuse to take a risk that could basically end my life as I know it for a cheap thrill.

Part of what has inspired this fear is something I've been going through right now. I moved to Thailand 3 months ago. When I first moved here I dabbled in the bar scene, I always wore a condom except BBBJ's. About 2 months into my move I had headaches and a sore throat also some pain under my arm. Which convinced me to stop mongering entirely. It's now been over a month since I've done any mongering whatsoever. My sore throat seemed to not be improving so I went to a doctor he looked in my throat and saw some sores there he then asked, "Have you ever tested positive for HIV?" Even though I wore a condom every time and without breakage I got really worried. I started wondering if I had some cut on my dick or if I could have gotten it from a BBBJ. I told the doctor It had been just over a month since my last encounter he said with the new tests a 1 month window period catches the vast majority of cases. I gave blood then had to wait two hours in which I walked around. I really reckoned with how horrible it would be to have it. Obviously the pain and suffering I would go through would suck but the pain it would cause my family and those I care about is what would really be devastating to me..

I came back and the test was negative. I briefly felt relieved but I really won't feel 100% relief until that 3 month window has passed. It's just instilled in my mind it takes that long. The anxiety and worry you can feel thinking you've caught HIV has completely canceled out any fun I used to have in the bar scene. To those who can shrug it off more power to you but not me. I just want a quiet life on the prairie far from worry.

dear friends,

Pls enlighten me on the risks & what precautions to ba taken

Are freelancers safe?

There is HIV+ people in every country in the world. Your all old enough to know the shit, how its caused how to take precautions etc... Bit of a daft question really. Doesnt matter where you are what walk of life you are from HIV does not discriminate in who it infects.

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

Stop flapping you havent got lymes disease or MS youd surely know if you had. Only one thing to do is go and get a test. Do you take malaria prophylactics? larium etc...if answer is yes then this probably why you feel shit.

Edited by Farangutang

Just curious if unlucky1 has gotten a test and how it came out. About a month ago I stopped mongering for various reasons. The biggest of all is fear of HIV. It just suddenly hit me how incredibly risky mongering is, even with a condom. I will be the last person to tell anyone what to do with their life or argue about statistics but for me I refuse to take a risk that could basically end my life as I know it for a cheap thrill.

[snip]

Well I understand your point, and know that HIV is a risk, even when wearing condoms (although it lower the risk a lot).

But you have to...well, no, you don't have to, but you can put things in perspective. This risk is no higher than a lot of other fun but risky activities, that

quite a few people do: para gliding, hill climbing, motor sports, trekking alone in backward places...I wonder if simple motorcycling is not more dangerous

than mongering with condom: it could well be, in fact I am almost sure it is: in Belgium, for 300000 bikes, about 100-150 dead, and 1000 are seriously injured per year.

Not all bikers use their bike regularly(in fact many don't), but I guess many serious injuries are not so serious (is a broken arm a serious injury? I would not be surprised it is for the statistics), so lets say you have about 1/3000-1/2000 chance of being seriously injured every year you use your bike, and 1/30000-1/20000 of dying...

And catching HIV while mongering? Assume 1/500 chance to catch HIV per boom boom, reduce it by 20 when wearing a condom, and assume 10 % HIV positive among working girls...

This give 1/100000 per boom boom, and here I was quite pessimistic... I do maybe 50-70 boomboom/year in LOS, this would give 1/2000 chance of catching AIDS per year.

Quite comparable to driving a motorbike in Belgium (HIV could be be worse than some serious injuries (broken legs), but I take HIV over broken spine and dead legs anyday!!!) ...and driving one in thailand is almost certainly more risky than HIV, its a real killing field on the road there...

So yes it is risky, but well worth it for me, if you are wise and cover up...

Read the other thread about a guy of 62 dying of cancer? Happened around me too, 40 year old (breast cancer), 18 year old (bone cancer), or you can die driving your car of falling in the stairs...

Life is dangerous, and always too short, sometimes much much too short :(...Fear is nice if it makes you measure the risk and take your decisions wisely. Not if it paralyse you and makes you live a life without joy just hoping to make it a little bit longer...maybe...

Problem with aids is that it touch a personal aspect of life (sex), which is addictive (so you tend to downplay the risks) but also stigmatized in the western world (so you overreact to he risk, due to culpability...and sometimes fearing more the social stigmas more than the illness). It is not easy to make a well though out decision, but I tried...and reached different conclusions than you...Not trying to make you change your mind, not at all...but just showing that starting from the same facts we both reached 2 very different type of choices ;-)

Edited by gregkai

Life is dangerous, and always too short, sometimes much much too short :(...Fear is nice if it makes you measure the risk and take your decisions wisely. Not if it paralyse you and makes you live a life without joy just hoping to make it a little bit longer...maybe...

I like that quote its so very true...good post

Well I understand your point, and know that HIV is a risk, even when wearing condoms (although it lower the risk a lot).

But you have to...well, no, you don't have to, but you can put things in perspective. This risk is no higher than a lot of other fun but risky activities, that

quite a few people do: para gliding, hill climbing, motor sports, trekking alone in backward places...I wonder if simple motorcycling is not more dangerous

than mongering with condom: it could well be, in fact I am almost sure it is: in Belgium, for 300000 bikes, about 100-150 dead, and 1000 are seriously injured per year.

Not all bikers use their bike regularly(in fact many don't), but I guess many serious injuries are not so serious (is a broken arm a serious injury? I would not be surprised it is for the statistics), so lets say you have about 1/3000-1/2000 chance of being seriously injured every year you use your bike, and 1/30000-1/20000 of dying...

And catching HIV while mongering? Assume 1/500 chance to catch HIV per boom boom, reduce it by 20 when wearing a condom, and assume 10 % HIV positive among working girls...

This give 1/100000 per boom boom, and here I was quite pessimistic... I do maybe 50-70 boomboom/year in LOS, this would give 1/2000 chance of catching AIDS per year.

Quite comparable to driving a motorbike in Belgium (HIV could be be better than some serious injuries (broken legs), but I take HIV over broken spine and dead legs anyday!!!) ...and driving one in thailand is almost certainly more risky than HIV, its a real killing field on the road there...

So yes it is risky, but well worth it for me, if you are wise and cover up...

Read the other thread about a guy of 62 dying of cancer? Happened around me too, 40 year old (breast cancer), 18 year old (bone cancer), or you can die driving your car of falling in the stairs...

Problem with aids is that it touch a personal aspect of life (sex), which is addictive (so you tend to downplay the risks) but also stigmatized in the western world (so you overreact to he risk, due to culpability...and sometimes fearing more the social stigmas more than the illness). It is not easy to make a well though out decision, but I tried...and reached different conclusions than you...Not trying to make you change your mind, not at all...but just showing that starting from the same facts we both reached 2 very different type of choices ;-)

I understand and agree with a lot of what you said. I too am not trying to change anyone's mind and I know given how pleasurable sex is and how strong the drive to have it is, everyone will be read the tea leaves differently. I also have recently met a girl who I am prepared to have a relationship with. Fear of HIV is the #1 reason I stopped but she is #2. Like I said before if it was just me in this world I would be willing to take the risk but when there's other people at stake like family, girlfriends or wives the responsibilities shift. If I die in a motorcycle accident my family would be sad but there wouldn't be any stigma or guilt and I definitely won't 'infect' someone else by dying in a manner such as that. For me personally I have problems with anxiety. I already have a lot on the table and I don't want every time I cough or have a fever to wonder if I've caught the big one. This doesn't preclude me from happy endings however :D

Edited by ginseng

[snip]

I also have recently met a girl who I am prepared to have a relationship with. Fear of HIV is the #1 reason I stopped but she is #2.

[snip]

Hahaaaaa! this is a better reason for stopping imho, at least this one I understand perfectly and could not agree more ;-)

Good luck with this girl,

Cheers,

Greg.

This was the first HIV Thread I stepped into, guess there are plenty more on this forum (as on all the other forums I've posted so far).

As this topic is already beaten to death at least thousand times, I'll keep it short what I think about it:

- Wrap up and you'll be pretty safe. The chance of getting it while having protected sexual intercourse is smaller than getting killed in a car crash.

- Not sure, but this question might be in this thread or another HIV/AIDS Thread on this board for sure. Who many girls might have it? I just expect the worst, so wrap up...

- If the condom "breaks" (you forgot it cause drunk, horny, whatever), the cances that you got something are really really fucking small. If it drives you totally mad, ask the girl if she'll do an HIV Test. That may calm you down a bit. At least she was clean the last 6 - 12 weeks if she returns negative. (newest test are pretty accourate after 6 weeks, very accourate after 8, after 12 weeks you can relax). If you're the REALLY paranoid type, start a PEP. If she returned her test positive, well, I'd do the PEP, even if the chance that you chought it is very small.

my tips

1. always glove up

2. never kiss

3. never lick pussy

4. never finger pussy then lick fingers

5. never finger fuck her ass and lick fingers

follow the above and u should be alright

my tips

1. always glove up

2. never kiss

3. never lick pussy

4. never finger pussy then lick fingers

5. never finger fuck her ass and lick fingers

follow the above and u should be alright

Wow, yes, you will be very safe :-)

But the boom boom will also be boooooring to death, imho: never kiss? uh? never lick pussy? what about BBBJ? I guess it is a big nono, too?

gosh, in that case, I think I would pass thai P4P altogether, or go 2 weeks per year at most (and try to find a thai wife ASAP ;-) )

Given the relative risks that were posted in some other AIDS thread, and my own research on the net, I guess the risk of transmission when wrapped up for vaginal sex (which is linked to the amount of condom breakage) should be roughly similar to BBBJ and cuni, which are both very low risk activities (the BBBJ is more risky for the girl, but not the guy). Anal sex when wrapped up could even be riskier than those....and kissing is definitely less risky than sex, even when wrapped up...

so why accept protected penetration and fear cuni, and even kissing?

For the other STD? I got my hepatitis vaccine in order, and herpes could be catch at home too....The other bacterian STD are cured by antibiotics should the worst happen, so I think you may be a little bit over worried ;-) But sure, if those rules do not ruin your experiences, you really are ultrasafe (but choose good condoms and be generous with the lube ;-) ).

• 3 weeks later...
This was the first HIV Thread I stepped into, guess there are plenty more on this forum (as on all the other forums I've posted so far).

As this topic is already beaten to death at least thousand times, I'll keep it short what I think about it:

- Wrap up and you'll be pretty safe. The chance of getting it while having protected sexual intercourse is smaller than getting killed in a car crash.

- Not sure, but this question might be in this thread or another HIV/AIDS Thread on this board for sure. Who many girls might have it? I just expect the worst, so wrap up...

- If the condom "breaks" (you forgot it cause drunk, horny, whatever), the cances that you got something are really really fucking small. If it drives you totally mad, ask the girl if she'll do an HIV Test. That may calm you down a bit. At least she was clean the last 6 - 12 weeks if she returns negative. (newest test are pretty accourate after 6 weeks, very accourate after 8, after 12 weeks you can relax). If you're the REALLY paranoid type, start a PEP. If she returned her test positive, well, I'd do the PEP, even if the chance that you chought it is very small.

BOSS...can you adv precautions to ensure the condom does not break?

Also.....Do oral sex contains HIV RIsk to a man (who is receiving it?

Wow, yes, you will be very safe :-)

But the boom boom will also be boooooring to death, imho: never kiss? uh? never lick pussy? what about BBBJ? I guess it is a big nono, too?

gosh, in that case, I think I would pass thai P4P altogether, or go 2 weeks per year at most (and try to find a thai wife ASAP ;-) )

Given the relative risks that were posted in some other AIDS thread, and my own research on the net, I guess the risk of transmission when wrapped up for vaginal sex (which is linked to the amount of condom breakage) should be roughly similar to BBBJ and cuni, which are both very low risk activities (the BBBJ is more risky for the girl, but not the guy). Anal sex when wrapped up could even be riskier than those....and kissing is definitely less risky than sex, even when wrapped up...

so why accept protected penetration and fear cuni, and even kissing?

For the other STD? I got my hepatitis vaccine in order, and herpes could be catch at home too....The other bacterian STD are cured by antibiotics should the worst happen, so I think you may be a little bit over worried ;-) But sure, if those rules do not ruin your experiences, you really are ultrasafe (but choose good condoms and be generous with the lube ;-) ).

A report came out in Australia the other week saying that the health profession got the risks badly wrong - they're saying it can be as low as 1 in 10.

That PEP is horrible which is why I didn't do it but looking back it is worth it I suppose - it would fuck your holiday right up - not as bad as AIDS would for the rest of your life though

i failed to use a condom once and crapped myself for 6 months before having the courage to get tested, luckily i was clear but when i think about what could have happened i will wrap it up before i slap it up from now on

• 1 month later...

1 sure way not too catch anything - stay home & have a wank!

producing soi sauce since 1966

• 1 month later...
For instance, it is believed that the virus can ride piggy back with other, more easily spread infections. Drugs and alcohol can reduce your natural resistance to infection. I do not wish to lecture anyone, there is loads of information out there ranging from the paranoid to the gung hoe. I will tell you though that when your friends fall victim the statistics mean jack Shit.

No need to be paranoid, wear a rubber and have fun.

virus can ride piggy back with other what's that mean?

so are you saying it's easier to get it if we take alcohol and other drugs?

It's been so long since my last visit to PTY, I'm actually beginning to miss the anxiety associated with fucking FL's up the ass with no condom........I need a trip to the GUM clinic........no better test of masculinity. And the nurse at my local clinic is a Thai.......NO SHIT, we chew the cud and discuss shagging hookers in the LOS whilst she administers HIV tests.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Put on two condoms with a layer of deep heat in between. You will know if either condom breaks.......

If you feel a burning sensation withdraw immediately and run for the shower.

If you BG starts kicking and screaming, just hold on and enjoy the ride. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by TheJos

ok i mentioned this in a prior post.. i was long timing a Soi 6 Red Point gal and she kept on bringing up HIV so i went to the loma clinic and got one of those 400 baht tests...and showed her it was negative...but we were haveing sex 2 weeks ago and she got her period... i got a little pissed think i should have to taken her to the loma clinic as well...but i have since moved on to other girls..what should i do?

my other question is clymidia.... this is a real slight drip...i have had it before (from pataya) i waited till i got home to get treatment ( kind of irresponsible on my part) do you guys just wait till your vacations is over ?...so you dont have to deal with the anti biotics and have them cut into your drinking time and sun time...or do you bite the bullet and go to loma clinic for 3 days of injections ?

on a semi related note when i went to the loma clinic for the hiv test.... i got a B-complex injection for 200 baht if you guys drink and smoke ... it is a must it really helps

people told me that the risk is pretty low if you WEAR condom and ONLY do vaginal sex(no anal sex but oral sex is ok), they went on to say that the risk is lower than getting hit by lighting or plane crash or win a lotto etc etc, anyways they sum it up by saying just enjoy your life and wear condom, there are more riskier things that can endanger you. what do you guys think about that?