Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need Hotel Advice

Firestorm

I'll be heading to Pattaya this November for the first time and I need advice about witch hotel to stay at. The most important features that I'm looking for are: a comfortable bed, good security, room safe, no joiner fees, free unlimited WiFi, good location, & friendly service. I'm looking to spend between 1000 and 1500 baht a night. I checked out the Pattaya Bay Resort website, because this site recommends it for newbies. It looks like a nice place and it's within my price range. Their standard rooms are 1399 baht while the deluxe rooms are 1999 baht per night. The deluxe rooms are little higher than I would like to spend, but I'm willing to do so if it's worth it. Which hotel do guys recommend?

I've stayed at a few hotels (haven't tried PBR) and I seem to keep returning to Secrets now. has what you are after, and the only downside for me is no pool but this isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Like the location of Secrets and the atmosphere in the bar at ground level is excellent.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

I've stayed at a few hotels (haven't tried PBR) and I seem to keep returning to Secrets now. has what you are after, and the only downside for me is no pool but this isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Like the location of Secrets and the atmosphere in the bar at ground level is excellent.

Agreed. You cant beat the location either

Thanks for the advice! I checked out Secrets website and did some research on the hotel. It looks like a decent hotel that is very affordable. The superior room is only 995 Baht a night. The only negative things I hear about the place is that it's very noisy, no pool(like you mentioned), & no elevator. How is the security there? I also noticed that they also have Airport pick-up service that costs 1499 Baht, is it worth it?

You can have a look to Baywalk Residence.

Some room for 1500 bahts, no joiner fee, good location (near beach road ans walking street), safety box, free internet (wifi), clean room...

I stayed there last year and it wasn't a bad choice !

Cheers.

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

The Residence Garden hotel on Thapraya Road just 10 mins walk from Walking Street, 1450 baht/night for 1BR apt not inc Breakfast, no joiner fees. Turn left from hotel, baht bus to Jomtien Beach, turn right, baht bus to Walking Street. book through the link on the FLB bar website to get this rate.

Nice pool too. Elvis night on Wednesday, rock on.

You can have a look to Baywalk Residence.

Some room for 1500 bahts, no joiner fee, good location (near beach road ans walking street), safety box, free internet (wifi), clean room...

I stayed there last year and it wasn't a bad choice !

Cheers.

I agree. been there last may, 2,000b for the nouveau executive (with balcony) through Agoda. Who could beat this for the price, location and comfort.

Also guest friendly for 1, 2, 3... girls in room.

DSC00759.JPG DSC00760.JPG DSC00761.JPG

Fraser is also a good hotel near the action but 900b for the second guest.

Edited by jojomecanic

Thanks for the advice! I checked out Secrets website and did some research on the hotel. It looks like a decent hotel that is very affordable. The superior room is only 995 Baht a night. The only negative things I hear about the place is that it's very noisy, no pool(like you mentioned), & no elevator. How is the security there? I also noticed that they also have Airport pick-up service that costs 1499 Baht, is it worth it?

I stayed at the Superior rooms at 995, it's on the third level.. noise is not an issue..

Girls need to leave their ID with the receptionist..

And for pick up service i recommend using http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've decided to go the cheaper route for this trip. So, I'm going to stay at either Secrets or Galaxy Suites. It seems like a coin flip between the two hotels, both hotels are priced the same for their superior rooms and have all the features that I'm looking for. I'm going to book my stay by the end of the week, any last minute advice on either of these hotels would be very helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've decided to go the cheaper route for this trip. So, I'm going to stay at either Secrets or Galaxy Suites. It seems like a coin flip between the two hotels, both hotels are priced the same for their superior rooms and have all the features that I'm looking for. I'm going to book my stay by the end of the week, any last minute advice on either of these hotels would be very helpful.

Have you checked Jasmine hotel ?

And greenview ?

Both on WS action as Secrets...

Have you checked Jasmine hotel ?

And greenview ?

Both on WS action as secrets...

The Jasmine is actually cheaper than Secrets & Galaxy Suites, but they don't have safes in their rooms, so I crossed it off of my list. The Green View looks like a nice hotel with a good location, but it's more expensive. If I'm going to spend more money on my room, I would rather stay at the Baywalk Residence or the Pattaya Bay Resort.

The Jasmine is actually cheaper than Secrets & Galaxy Suites, but they don't have safes in their rooms, so I crossed it off of my list. The Green View looks like a nice hotel with a good location, but it's more expensive. If I'm going to spend more money on my room, I would rather stay at the Baywalk Residence or the Pattaya Bay Resort.

The Jasmine hotel has safe at reception wich is a lot safer than in room (so easy to open a safe in room...)

Note that in all hotels, they have a bypass key to open the inroom safe... I forgot my pin number at Baywalk, and it took them 1 mn to open it ( 1 mn is the time from reception to my room ).

At Jasmine hotel, you must have 2 keys to open the safe. Also, inside the safe, you can put a personal lock on a box. This is probably the safest thing I've seen.

I have stayed at both of the above, but the rooms at galaxy are VERY small. I used to take the one and only jacuzzi suite at Galaxy until the price kept increasing until it was poor value. The other downside was that if I happened to be traveling with a mate one of us had to have a small room.

The plus for Galaxy is that underneath is Heaven Above - some lovely girls, but if your room is immediately above the music you need to be getting back to the room after 3am.

If you stay at Secrets get a room on level 2, it's a lot of stairs to level 3 when you are tired / drunk / old like me.... as for noise most of the accomm near Walking Street suffers from street noise, it's never bothered me except on New Years when the fireworks were still going off in the street at 5am - was like a war-zone.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg