IGNORED

Ko Samet

Hi

Stayed at Samed Villa 18 months ago-was quite nice around 1600 bht.

Going back in August with new g/f any other decent recommendations at a similar price?

Thanks

I agree with your first choice Samed Villa. Stayed there and thought it was good.

My second choice would be Tub Tim, which is the next beach over from Samed Villa if you want a little more quiet.

My favorite place is Samed Cabana Resort. Very basic, but has everything you need. The best part is sitting on the porch and watching the ocean. This is definitely a couple retreat, and not much nightlife. I would recommend bringing a portable DVD player and movies since there isn't much selection on T.V.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/koh_samet/samed_cabana_resort.html

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know of a cheap and cheerful guest house in Koh Samet. Idealy under 1000b. Would prefer the north East as read this is he more lively end.

• 1 year later...

Anybody been to Koh Samet recently?

I'm reading Hat Sai Kaew beach in the North-East is most popular & livliest.

Anybody know or can suggest a cheap but clean place, hopefully on the beach?

• 2 months later...

dunno about cheap but i have been twice in the last 6 months

stayed at sawasdee coco on sai kaew - good location and decent price (about 1500) but not the best rooms.

last time i stayed at samed villa - lovely place and i'm going to stay there again in june. In january a garden bungalow was about 2400, in june a sea view one is going to be 1900.

have also stayed at silver sands resort which was nice - that was about 3 years ago though.

rooms are a little more expensive there - tbh i wouldn't stay in a 1000b place although you may get a decent place for that price in low season.

Archived