IGNORED

Guest friendly hotels in Phuket

Hello guys,

It seems hard to find a good hotel which not charge for bringing a 'guest' into the room. I suppose that a lot of you already have been there. I hope to get from you some names of hotels wich are friendly in this way. If you did have to pay but little bit you may give me also the name.

I heard also that a lot of bars are ladyboy bars. I don't want to go there. Do you have some names of good bars with girls[/b]. It will help me a lot. I don't have to loose too much time because I will only staying for 5 or 6 days.

Thanks,

phee sua

Most of the ladyboys, apart from the ones freelancing on Bangla Road are in bars in the soi with the ladyboys dancing, you will see them and all the dancers are LB's. It is still worth going in this soi for a drink as it is a good atmosphere with real ladies too and even if a ladyboy comes talking to you, they won't push you if you make it clear that a LB is not what you are after. There are lots of bars in soi eric and soi tiger, in the latter the ladies are fairly pushy and it can get expensive at 200 baht a lady drink. There are bars everywhere, you don't need to look at the names you are bound to find something you like and also try the nightclubs, Hollywood and Tai-Pan.

I am sure you will be able to find somewhere that doesn't charge joiner fees, they will have been posted on another thread but if you want a decent guesthouse then Little Buddha was ok at 800 a night, no extra charges and in a good location near the shopping centre and close to Bangla Road, has no pool but just depends how much you want to spend.

Have a great time.

Most of the ladyboys, apart from the ones freelancing on Bangla Road are in bars in the soi with the ladyboys dancing, you will see them and all the dancers are LB's. It is still worth going in this soi for a drink as it is a good atmosphere with real ladies too and even if a ladyboy comes talking to you, they won't push you if you make it clear that a LB is not what you are after. There are lots of bars in soi eric and soi tiger, in the latter the ladies are fairly pushy and it can get expensive at 200 baht a lady drink. There are bars everywhere, you don't need to look at the names you are bound to find something you like and also try the nightclubs, Hollywood and Tai-Pan.

I am sure you will be able to find somewhere that doesn't charge joiner fees, they will have been posted on another thread but if you want a decent guesthouse then Little Buddha was ok at 800 a night, no extra charges and in a good location near the shopping centre and close to Bangla Road, has no pool but just depends how much you want to spend.

Have a great time.

More info is always good. But this is already a very good one.

Thanks mate

If your on a bit of a budget this hotel will be perfect for you, it is at the end of Bangla Road. I've stayed there 3 times before. They are Guest friendly, I took 2 girls back with no problem.

The website isn't very good but it has contact numbers and email. I've always just turned up there without making a reservation.

http://www.sandinnphuket.com/index.html

Thanks to wimpy and rob69uk for replying - now I have already a few options

Have a nice time,

Phee sua

• 2 months later...

anyone know anyting about Patong pearl ?

location ? gf ? reviews ?

see no mention of it anywhere but someone told me to check it out ...website not overly helpful

Girls everywhere, Soi Eric, Soi Tiger. Soi Crocodile is the LB soi.

What do you want from a hotel? Just somewhere to sleep or boom boom?

If its just boom boom, i'd recommend somewhere on Soi Sansabai as its so close to Bangla road.. a 2 minute walk. I always stay at Summer Breeze hotel.. the rooms are basic yes.. but the staff and food are awesome always a good starting point.

Plenty of hotels on that soi.

Hello guys,

It seems hard to find a good hotel which not charge for bringing a 'guest' into the room. I suppose that a lot of you already have been there. I hope to get from you some names of hotels wich are friendly in this way. If you did have to pay but little bit you may give me also the name.

I heard also that a lot of bars are ladyboy bars. I don't want to go there. Do you have some names of good bars with girls[/b]. It will help me a lot. I don't have to loose too much time because I will only staying for 5 or 6 days.

Thanks,

phee sua

Yorkshire Inn

Swiss Garden

Summer Breeze

Orchid

They're all located in Soi Sansabay, 1 minute by walk from Bangla road. All are guest friendly.

Soi Sansabai is very quite in the night.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Looking for a guest friendly hotel in Phuket, walking distance to Patong mid price range, would really like to have a swimming pool though. Thanks for your assistance!

^ Expat and Yorkshire come to mind with having pools and being guest friendly.. There is a public pool at the end of Soi Sansabai for about 100 Baht i think it is, everytime i went there back in June it was empty, or had 1 or 2 people

Looking for a guest friendly hotel in Phuket, walking distance to Patong mid price range, would really like to have a swimming pool though. Thanks for your assistance!

Stayed at Yorkshire and decent hotel if you will use the pool and gym. Some of the standard rooms are very very small and run down so beware. I am staying at the Baipho on my next trip which has been recommended to me. Breakfast is included and served till 6pm! Rooftop pool and free pick up from airport if staying 5 nights or more. It is only 5 mins or so walk to Bangla Road.

I'm recommending Lek Muprhy hotel & Bar. It's very very close to the action, and have a few really big rooms with balc. They also have a few smaller short time rooms but I'm not recommending those.

Location: If you'r walking from Patong beach at Bangla road, when bangla road ends you just go on straight crossing the larger street. There is a lot of decent guesthouses at that area if you want to stay in the action.

EDIT: It's on the same street as Yorkshire mentioned in the post above.

Edited by carnegie

• 5 weeks later...

I just booked a week at the baipho boutique residence in Phuket. looks like a nice place and the allow no fee joiners. breakfast till 6 pm and its close to the action. they further discounted their online low season rates. I am getting 7 nights for about 9K baht.