Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Late arrival in BKK - how late is too late?

Im_in

So my flight will be arriving at Bangkok late on the 4th of June:

AR BANGKOK SUVARNABH 2305

Given the late hour, is it a good idea to spend the night in Bangkok and then go to Pattaya?

Or should I book a room in Pattaya even though I will be arriving very late (taking a taxi I guess)?

Thanks.

So my flight will be arriving at Bangkok late on the 4th of June:

AR BANGKOK SUVARNABH 2305

Given the late hour, is it a good idea to spend the night in Bangkok and then go to Pattaya?

Or should I book a room in Pattaya even though I will be arriving very late (taking a taxi I guess)?

Thanks.

image.JPG

you could be in pattaya at 1am....perfect

pattaya is easier, just head for Walking Street

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 - get a seat in the front of the plane

2 - travel light (only cabin luggage)

3 - as you get out, rush to the customs before everybody

4 - go out to meet your pre-booked taxi. don't forget to tell him that you will get out quickly.

I usualy arrive between 10'45pm and 11'15 and it's not to late. I never go to Bkk

It now takes just a bit more than one hour to get to Pattaya.you'll be at a bar before 1'am

Edit : If you're traveling with Qantas or BA, you can get a Premium economy. Not too expensive, lot more comfortable, can have 2 hand luggage end you're right in the front ready to get out !

Edited by jojomecanic

Emirates from Sydney on Dec 30/12/10, arrived 2.10am. Had carry on bags, and luckily upgraded to biz class so I was out of the airport by 2.30am and hurtling down the toll-way of love at 130km/hour. Slept like coma in taxi, checked in my hotel and was in the clubs.

Good sleep during the day then good to go for NYE in Pattaya....

I always pre-book my room in Pattaya, but you don't have to. However, as you are arriving late at night it might be worth pre-booking a room for one night at least, as you don't want to waste too much time looking for a room when you get there. As soon as you see some of the nightlife you will be desperate to get out amongst it!

Mate my flight always arrives at that time in BKK. Always get to pattaya around 1am (only 1 hour 20 minute drive that time of night). enough time to check in shower and be in the action at 1:30.

Don't sweat it!

Wow. Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like that is not an uncommon arrival time.

It seems like planning/booking a hotel and taxi are on the priority list now.

See you in Pattaya in a couple of days. :)

Cheers!

Cheers!

get a hotel booked as its your first time and you will be arriving late..

and inform the hotel of you arrival time :Evil_Grin2:

mr t taxi ive found to be very reliable

[email protected] 1000 baht

or you could just walk outside and get a taxi meter 1300baht :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Cheers!

get a hotel booked as its your first time and you will be arriving late..

mr t taxi ive found to be very reliable

[email protected]

1000 baht

or you could just walk outside and get a taxi meter 1300baht :GoldenSmile1:

I can second that mr t taxi is reliable..used them 3-4 times in the past year.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

I've also used [email protected] always reliable also but 1200, nice cars. but i haven't heard a bad word about the Mr T service either.. just book something.

Some pretty good advice from other BM's

Book your room, hop in a taxi, I used Mr T last time and was in Patts just over an hour after getting in the car. When you arrive you'll have plenty of time to hit WS or other areas.

I'm going to have to disagree with all y'all. I'd go to Bangkok & hit SC. You'll be knee deep in pussy an hour earlier. You may be 'meat' from the flight and not capable of an 'all-nighter'. Tons of porta-bars open on Suk full of FLs & open late late. Take the bus from Ekkamai to PTY the next day and save yourself 1000B. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

So heres what I ended up doing:

Went to the Agoda website and booked a hotel (Nautical Inn).

When I arrived at BKK I took the suggestion found in another thread and went upstairs to the departure level and out to the taxi stand.

I spotted a cab with a Farang getting out of it and spoke to the driver. He first wanted 1500 for the trip but quickly agreed to 1200 and off I went.

(thanks again to the forums)

It did end up being a bit late to get into the action as I really just wandered around, not being very familiar with which things are hopping at that time of night.

Soi 7 + 8 were stil pretty good. :)

Having a great time now.

Cheers,

G