Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

i dont know how many have done this

i_love_3somes

i dont know how many have tried this .

im supposed to leave for bkk in 2 days and AM taking my cell phone with me and will be operating with my home number(i know it will be expensive). but have to do it as i dont want my gf to know i am in bkk.

so my question is

when i get a call from my home town and if theres no answer or switched off . will the recorded message of the service provider be of my country or it will be said in thai??

hope u understand

There was a topic about this recently.

The voicemail will be your normal English one but the caller is likely to hear the international ring tone rather than the UK one.... unless you are telling people that you are out of the UK the chances of being busted are high.

no i will not be telling peeps .specially my gf that i m going out of country.

so what should be done?:(

one more thing . my flight back is in 3 days and i have to leave pattaya at 4.30am .do u think its easyt to get a taxi at that time like bkk???

one more thing . my flight back is in 3 days and i have to leave pattaya at 4.30am .do u think its easyt to get a taxi at that time like bkk???

Just book a taxi the night before from one of the many taxi booths on the street to pick you up whatever time you want to leave from whereever you are staying.

Our cab was 800baht a few weeks back from in front of the Lek hotel. We left at 8am. Not sure if they would want more money for an earlier start?

Our cab was 800baht a few weeks back from in front of the Lek hotel. We left at 8am. Not sure if they would want more money for an earlier start?

ur time is fine 8am . mine flight is 8.30am

so i think i must leave at 4.30 am :(

ur time is fine 8am . mine flight is 8.30am

so i think i must leave at 4.30 am :(

Leaving at that time you can easily be at the airport for 6am. 2 1/2hours to check in is plenty of time.

Like i say just book your cab the night before and you will have no problems. It should be there waiting for you when you walk out your door. In my experience they normally turn up early.

. ok i hope they turn up. but should i pay 1st or when they turn up?? as if they dont i will be loosing the money and time

I had the same issue's with my EX, I didn't want her to know I was going to LOS so said I was going golfing in Spain for 3 weeks , the reason I told her was because we are still good mates and she was coming down to my place while I was away and was looking after my bills, post etc;

Anyway I was worried about ringing her from LOS incase she could find out I was there somehow so I told her I got my phone wet and just kept in touch through FB

:-)

u atleast told her u went out of the country

i cant even do that. and its scarring me . and thoughts of canceling my trip is hitting my mind :unsure:

but one thing is there i will not be calling her but she will SURELY WILL BE CALLING ME

u atleast told her u went out of the country

i cant even do that. and its scarring me . and thoughts of canceling my trip is hitting my mind :unsure:

but one thing is there i will not be calling her but she will SURELY WILL BE CALLING ME

Bummer .....maybe tell her you are having problems with your phone starting now as a trail period to see how long you go without her calling even put it on divert so at least when you do go she can half expect your phone not to be working.

Oh and also I know its none of my business but if you feel the need to go mongering maybe you shouldn't have a GF?

I booked a taxi at this time once and went out for a last big night... No problems I can sit in the back of the taxi and catch up on sleep to airport...Trouble is the lady taxi driver turned up with her three kids asleep in the back... So I had to sit in the front and could not even talk for the hour on the way to...Never mind...Its Thailand

o the airport

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Just keep your phone turned off and only turn it on to check your messages when you need to.

If the gf leaves a message then call her back - if she asks why the phone is off tell her the batter must be nearly stuffed because it wont hold a charge for very long and you'll get a new battery when you have the time.

still, if you get busted, you only have yourself to blame.... what happens if you take her on vacation ad see sees your thai entry stamps on your passport?

Visa stamps is exactly what I was thinking. Try and wriggle out of that one ;) :Busted:

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Visa stamps is exactly what I was thinking. Try and wriggle out of that one ;) :Busted:

Burn your passport say you lost it and get another one :-)

I booked a taxi at this time once and went out for a last big night... No problems I can sit in the back of the taxi and catch up on sleep to airport...Trouble is the lady taxi driver turned up with her three kids asleep in the back... So I had to sit in the front and could not even talk for the hour on the way to...Never mind...Its Thailand

o the airport

lol was she planning sent the kids along with u back home ?? :rolleyes:

Burn your passport say you lost it and get another one :-)

so u all want this to be my last trip :Hair_Out1::Cry4:

she will SURELY WILL BE CALLING ME

1. Switch phone off.

2. E-mail your prison wardress and tell her your phone's been lost/stolen.

3. A few days later, e-mail to report that your phone's been recovered by the old bill; all you need to do is collect it. Not worth buying a new phone etc etc.

(I once had a wallet lifted in Manchester, it was found in London - collection on production of ID)

I've enquired about this with my service provider previously and from what I understand, if you keep your home number whilst overseas, everything is as if you are still are home, i.e. your local number will show up when calling people, and your local voicemail will pop up for people trying to reach you

Senario:

Great Great Uncle dies in Bangkok and you are named as the executive. You barely remember him as a kid, but he used to pull quarters out of your ears. He had no family and you guess, for some reason he decided to leave everything to you.

Anyway, you get a letter from a lawyer with a ticket to Bangkok to be present for reading of the will.

Once you get there you find out that you have been willed his large estate, but it is an absolute mess. Tax issues, lawsuit from an ex-girlfriend, etc. It is such a mess that you may have to take several trips to get it cleared away. After all is said and done (and many trips over here), the ex wins the lawsuit and she gets it all.

Problem solved.

im supposed to leave for bkk in 2 days and AM taking my cell phone with me and will be operating with my home number(i know it will be expensive). but have to do it as i dont want my gf to know i am in bkk.

so my question is

when i get a call from my home town and if theres no answer or switched off . will the recorded message of the service provider be of my country or it will be said in thai??

hope u understand

Where did you tell your gf you were going?

so my question is

hope u understand

How did it go? Any problems on your trip with the phone situation?

Hope it went well! cheers!

• 1 year later...

Here is what happens:

You in your home country

You turn off telephone on airplane

You turn on when you arrive thailand

When somebody call all will be as in your homecountry , until this happens:

You are out of power, you turn it off, you have 2 calls same time.

Out of power/turned off - it will be Thai/English saying your phone is not reachable, but if you have voice answaring that should be ok!

Two calls at the same time, will the 2nd then be routed to voicemail?

When you leave thailand, you turn off telephone in airplane and if voicemail all ok. If no voicemail you will get thai/english!

NB! If voicemail is activated with your homecountry telephone this can get expensive because first you will be charged homecountry - - > Thailand fees and then when routed to voicemail you will get charged extra for thailand to your homecaountry on top. I had someone calling me and got to voicemail and then didnt turn off his telephone, 30 minuts with him driving a car!

Z

so my question is

hope u understand

This is what I do when I'm out of the country and want to get my calls from home. I have a iPhone so there are many apps that you can get talk and text for cheap or free. It comes with a phone number for you. I just have my calls forwarded to this number. The only thing is that it works over the Internet so as long as you have wifi capability you are good. All incoming calls are free. You can buy minutes to call home. I think it's like 200 minutes for $2. Very cheap.

Archived