Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transferring Car Registration in Thailand

Bridgestone

Hi everybody ! I would like to share my experience about transfering car registration in Thailand. These are the documents that you will need to do it :

Transferring Car Registration in Thailand

Documents required from the vendor if they are Thai :

1) copy of ID card (signed by seller not expired VERY important)

2) copy of tabien baan (signed by seller)

3) http://www.dlt.go.th…orm/regcar5.pdf (signed by seller)

4) http://www.dlt.go.th/th/eform/drl6.pdf (signed by seller)

just a quick note, check that every documents(ID, tabien baan, car registration book do match ID card number and tabien baan address)

Documents required if seller is a foreigner :

1) letter from immigration or copy of work permit all pages(very important as work permit have a validity of one year and needs to be signed as well)

2)copy of passport front page and visa page (signed)

Documents required if seller is a company:

2)updated company paper not older than 60 days(registration, share holder list, )

3) ID or passport copy of the director(the person who has authority to sign paper)

from the buyer:

1) letter of immigration or copy of work permit all pages (signed)

2) copy of passport front page and visa page

SOURCE : http://www.expat-visa.com/transportation/transferring-car-registration-in-thailand/

Good advice but just one question for you.Do you have to take the car to a garage or somewhere to get the engine and chassis numbers ? Same they have to do for motorbikes ?

Good advice but just one question for you.Do you have to take the car to a garage or somewhere to get the engine and chassis numbers ? Same they have to do for motorbikes ?

Actually before i have changed the registration name i went to check the car, so they updated all the numbers...