IGNORED

Over Staying

ABARIS

Hi Guys,

I need urgent advice. I am planing to over stay 5 days. What will happen apart from paying fine? Because I am coming back again a month latter. Will the over-stay be problem?

Thanx

Is this on a 60 day visa?

If you are going 35 days on a 30 day visa,why not just get a 60 day visa before you leave home.

Do whatever you want to do, but make sure you have a valid visa.

If you are stooped by the police for any reason and you do not have a valid visa you will end up in the IDC (immigration Detention Centre) which is, I think in Bangkok. This place is not known to have any sorts of comfort.

Hi Guys,

I need urgent advice. I am planing to over stay 5 days. What will happen apart from paying fine? Because I am coming back again a month latter. Will the over-stay be problem?

Thanx

You don't mention what type of visa you have, but going to Jomtien immigration and getting a 7 day extension could be an option.

i believe the fine is only 500 per day, but rather to have a negative against your record, just go to jomtien for the 10 day extension, or arrange the 60 day visa beforehand

Hi Guys,

Thanx

If you are talking about the visa you get issued once you land in Bangkok valid for 28 days, you should be alright. I overstayed by 3 days was fined 500 baht per day total 1500 baht on my last trip.

I had to sit with someone from customs/police at immigration fill out an official police document which I had to sign and was given a copy admitting I was guilty of an offence (overstay). I asked if there would be any problems next time I returned to thailand. He said no pom pem, and I was on my way, will be back in Thailand in 2 weeks

i believe the fine is only 500 per day, but rather to have a negative against your record, just go to jomtien for the 10 day extension, or arrange the 60 day visa beforehand

That's the best bet. From what I see Thai Immigration officers seem to make up the rules as they go along so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hi Guys,

Thanx

If you are talking about the visa you get issued once you land in Bangkok valid for 28 days, you should be alright. I overstayed by 3 days was fined 500 baht per day total 1500 baht on my last trip.

I had to sit with someone from customs/police at immigration fill out an official police document which I had to sign and was given a copy admitting I was guilty of an offence (overstay). I asked if there would be any problems next time I returned to thailand. He said no pom pem, and I was on my way, will be back in Thailand in 2 weeks

I'll hazard a guess the OP is coming in on Visa Exemption i.e. No Visa.

To stay longer than the 30 days he gets with his Entry Stamp, I believe he can extend by 7 days at Jomtien or pay the 500/day fine.

Personally I'd get the extension.

I'll hazard a guess the OP is coming in on Visa Exemption i.e. No Visa.

To stay longer than the 30 days he gets with his Entry Stamp, I believe he can extend by 7 days at Jomtien or pay the 500/day fine.

Personally I'd get the extension.

Sorry I stand corrected, It is probably a 30 day entry stamp visa and not 28 days as I posted earlier, I had it in my head for the 4 weeks (28 days) stay I am going on in two weeks... My bad :Oops1:

As I understand the OP is currently in Thailand and will overstay by 5 days so a total of 35 days which will cost him 2500 for the 5 day overstay fine, also he wants to return in a month and was wondering if the overstay on this trip would be an issue on his next visit..... I think this is what he was asking, then again I might be wrong....

Edited by jburn

Hi Guys,

Thanx

I stayed 5 days over my 30 day visa.Not a problem.Just paid the 500 baht fine a day, over stay.Keep your nose clean until you get to the airport,or you could get hauled in.Returned a year later.No problem.

Cheers

Edited by j house rock

Why not just go to the immigration office and get the 7 days extension. Dont remember how much they charge for the extension but i know it it cheaper than the 2500 Baht fine you will have to pay for overstaying.Getting the extension you are home free and do not risk anything if stopped by the BIB.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Definitely go to Jomtien immigration (it is Painless- i was there 1 hour max) 1900 baht for 7 day extension. you can do it anytime during your trip - they will add 7 days onto the 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go to immigration to.

before you become a marker in youre passüort for overstay. or when you problems on airport is very difficult and you can pass your plane.

bye

i dont think there will be a problem next time you come over, when i was leaving last holiday my plane was delayed 4 hours which put me over into my 2nd day of overstay. i paid the fine and was on my way. I cant see this being an issue when i return in december.

for this little i must pay on immigration and spend a little time, i don´t want have problems at the airport, the last few depature always the immigration very full. and i allways i think i´m miss my flight.

bye and

I would rather be safe, have peace of mind, and pay an amount that is less than a long time at some go go's than worrying what will happen at immigration and what may happen if I want to visit thailand in the future.

I'm sure many will have no problems but if you are thinking of one day staying in thailand for the long haul, why risk even one potential bad mark from your previous trips that may haunt you later?

One thing for sure I wouldn't trust what the immigration officials at the airport say. Not that I don't trust them they don't make the policies that can change at any minute.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 4 weeks later...

Not only is the policy subject to change, but it's also subject to be misunderstood by them, miscommunicated to you by them, or simply not enforced currently for whatever reasons (but will be enforced when a new officer is moved there).

Even in the US various cities and states have refuse to have local police enforce immigration laws. Other cities and states have local police enforcing them beyond the desires of the federal government. I read a story about a lady from Iceland who overstayed a student visa by a week years ago, visited the US numerous times since, and was later detained at an immigration holding facility (jailed) for several days before being deported.

In Thailand, it's unlikely that it would ever be a real problem, and the officer telling the other poster it's no problem at the airport is probably right, but it's always kind of a safer bet to stop by the immigrations office and ask if they can help you out.