Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

pattaya dive sites?

timmyg68

dived in thailand before but never pattaya. Always had a good time

Are the dive sites in patts worth the trip?

Not the best in Thailand but some ok wrecks. If the diving is first priority, find some where else in Thailand

The Hardeep (S.S. Suddhadib) is known to be the best dive around Pattaya.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

Been diving for 30 years and haven't felt like diving in Pattaya. My new-to-diving friend enjoys it. Given I stay out most nights until 3-4am not sure how I would manage diving also. That is apart from "night dives" hehe, gotta love those.

Due to the limited tidal exchange Pattaya / Sameasan does not enjoy the visability that some of the dive locations further down the gulf get.

It is however blessed with some of the best coral variety in the gulf and the HTMS Kut, HTMS Khram, Hardeep & Petchburi Bremen shipwrecks offer more wreck diving than most areas to recreational divers.

Give it a try.

Pop into either Mermaids dive centre in Jontiem or Aquanauts dive centre in Soi 6 and they will put you straight on the available diving.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

dived in thailand before but never pattaya. Always had a good time

Are the dive sites in patts worth the trip?

agree with all of the above + its good to get outta the city for a day around the islands... Pattaya Dive Centre (between Soi 10 and 11 next to subway middle of beach road) has a wicked fast boat so they set off a little later and get back much sooner... extra 30min or so in bed might help! lol

We had some great visability of the Petchburi Bremen two weeks ago. Loads of marine life as it does not get dived too regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

What depths are the wrecks in? Normal recreational down to 30 metres or deeper?

Im intending on starting to dive again when I move over in August, however I sold all my gear other than holiday fins and a mask. What are the prices for a single wing and set of Regs like in Pattaya, or would I be better picking up gear in the UK and bringing with me?

• 4 years later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread but wondering if it is worth doing a dive trip one of the days I am out

Any recommendations on good dive operators to check out when in town?

Apologies for bumping an old thread but wondering if it is worth doing a dive trip one of the days I am out

Any recommendations on good dive operators to check out when in town?

It's always a nice activity having a dive trip.

My best recommendation is go an visit Mermaids, at the end of Thappraya Road just arraiving to Jomtien (left hand at the Hanuman fountain).

For all the divers, we just need to be underwater and why not a great wreck dive. Visibility is not the best but if you having fun in Pattaya only and you are not willing to dive on other places then pattaya wrecks are a good option.

Archived