IGNORED

Over staying Visa

barmatt

I'm planning another October trip later this year and intend to stay for 32 days due to flight convenience with Malaysia Air.

I can get a return from PER-BKK for $548 with only 2hr stop overs in KL but if I change the dates to a 30 day turn around, with departure date selected, I either have to pay an extra $300 or have to stay the night in KL which I dont want to do.

So has anyone had problems with immigration with over staying their visa requirements and what have been the repercussions in doing so?

Should I chance it or pay for the extension?

Cheers

Edited by barmatt

Get a tourist visa before you leave home! If the airline notices that you do not have a visa and that your return flight is not within 30 days they may not let you board the flight. I have flown MAS and they do check.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Get a tourist visa before you leave home! If the airline notices that you do not have a visa and that your return flight is not within 30 days they may not let you board the flight. I have flown MAS and they do check.

Thanks

Didnt think about the airline, I'll get myself a visa any idea what the cost is?

Visa fees in £

1. Tourist (per entry) 28.00

2. Transit (per entry) 17.00

3. Non-Immigrant (3 Month/ Single Entry) 45.00

4. Non-Immigrant (1 Year/ Multiple Entries) 100.00

5. Non-Immigrant (3 Year/ Multiple Entries) 200.00

6. Non-Immigrant O-A (3 Month/ Single Entry) 45.00

7. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 Year/ Multiple Entries) 100.00

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Thanks

Didnt think about the airline, I'll get myself a visa any idea what the cost is?

Going off the Thai embassy's website a single entry visa is $45.

Unfortunately the consulate in Perth has been closed down. You need to send your application to one of the other consulates or the embassy in Canberra.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks again

The $45 will take the costs up to $600 which is still a cheap fare and if a I was to stay the night in KL (I think the accommodation and breakfast is included in the cost of the flight) I would spend that much on food and drinks for the night.