Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A Little Knowledge

Dangle

Has anyone got in trouble by trying to speak thai.... (i have...many times!) let me start you off!......

1). I wanted to say don't be so nosey!

I said: Ya Suak! (not recommended!)

What i should of said is: "mai chai toolagit khorng khoon!" (it's not your business)

I still have no idea why 1). upset her so much... but i've used "mai chai toolagit khorng khoon!" effectively since... and would never try 1). again!

Use it if you dare!!!!

:Beer:

Edited by Dangle

Has anyone got in trouble by trying to speak thai.... (i have...many times!) let me start you off!......

1). I wanted to say don't be so nosey!

I said: Ya Suak! (not recommended!)

What i should of said is: "mai chai toolagit khorng khoon!" (it's not your business)

I still have no idea why 1). upset her so much... but i've used "mai chai toolagit khorng khoon!" effectively since... and would never try 1). again!

Use it if you dare!!!!

:Beer:

ok what does it mean ya suak ? i think ya pudd is one way of saying shut up . so is it something like that ?

Ya = Don't ........ Puud = Speak

so i guess it means don't speak..... but i still have no idea what "suak" means or why it offended her so much?!

อย่าเสือก = yaa seuak, which loosely translated means something like: none of your fu**ing business.

So yes, you could get in trouble if you want to say something like this and you don't really know if it's rude or still a bit polite.

I usually try it out with some good friends first and if they start shaking their head and go "nisai mai dee" then I know enough ;)

Another thing is if you mispronounce a completely harmless word. For some reason words that sound very similar are always negative!

I have been known to tell a very pretty (suai with a rising tone) girl that she was cursed (suai with a middle tone)! Lucky for me she knew what I was trying to say and just laughed and corrected me.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

SaaV ra/ naa_ = your fucking nosey

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

about a year ago...

knowing already ขายบริการ what meant, I just thought it was a double meaning and depending on the context it would be obvious when used to describe someone that "sells service"

I wanted to say "he does odd jobs" e.g. he'll drive people about or do a bit of whatever.

I chose เขาขายบริการ when talking about a neighbour I have. It was then explained to me that it has one meaning only, that's "HOOKER"

HU PAK - shut up ! No good speak in bar :GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019